Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements Server Chunk Corruption

Server Chunk Corruption

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby Camel » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:03 am

~Luc wrote:
Camel wrote:
Gerhard wrote:Why the hell is it everytime something happens, we must pester SK? He is an adult and works. Leave him alone for once. It's time for you to wake up camel, we can't keep delaying the inevitable. Eventually the entire map file will go corrupt, then there will be no chance at saving anything or possibly exploring it in the future.

To make sure that this is an unfixable issue. The only proof I have heard was that when you join a singplayer world it warns you. This is not the same issue as 2012. It doesnt have to be SK.

Rodney I don’t think you know how to read. The server crashed because of corrupted chunks, and if the map screenshot byrd got was correct, there could be 700 corrupted chunks in one area (this is not confirmed but a possibility), this is the exact same issue that occurred in 2012, right down to the corrupted chunks regenerating themselves with the new world generation.

We had no choice but to reset in 2012 so it is different otherwise why are we even voting. The fact that we cant tell the extent of whats wrong is proof we should have someone with more knowledge look into it to make sure what we should do. There are people all over the internet who know about this stuff
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Postby ~Kyle » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:15 am

Whatever ends up happening, I think it's very important to get a server up and running as quick as possible to keep everyone engaged and not have to wait weeks to get this settled - even if it's not the new map and just a different map or the old one while the new map is being created.

Postby Gerhard » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:19 am

Camel wrote:
We had no choice but to reset in 2012 so it is different otherwise why are we even voting. The fact that we cant tell the extent of whats wrong is proof we should have someone with more knowledge look into it to make sure what we should do. There are people all over the internet who know about this stuff

There was a choice. They decided a new map was the best course of action.

You coming up with this nonsense makes you sound utterly stupid, if I may add.
Retired Historic Advisor of HelloClan City
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Postby pix » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:03 am

i don't think any assets should be copied over. players should be allowed to keep some of their rares and balance up to a certain limit (there's a formula for this...), but copying assets over is just going to carry the monopoly of the current map over to the next one.
i also think that government cities should be kept to a minimum - it should have the role of a launchpad of sorts where players can start anew
a YES on the server reset!

Postby Lucky_C18 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:26 pm

I say backup the map and remove the corrupted chunks. there is lots of history and memories on this old map and you should try your best to save them.

Postby Mundlier » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:40 pm

I'm a little late to the discussion but I'm also in favor of full server reset with no transfer of land, balance, or infrastructure. However, I hope the world file will be available for download, as it would be nice to save my past builds. Or at the very least, open the server for one day so I can screenshot my builds and city.

One more thing, if the server is reset there should only be one gov city, with an airport right beside the warp. We should take this reset as a chance to promote and encourage people to use private cities more.

Postby Izela » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:52 pm

Mundlier wrote:I'm a little late to the discussion but I'm also in favor of full server reset with no transfer of land, balance, or infrastructure. However, I hope the world file will be available for download, as it would be nice to save my past builds. Or at the very least, open the server for one day so I can screenshot my builds and city.

One more thing, if the server is reset there should only be one gov city, with an airport right beside the warp. We should take this reset as a chance to promote and encourage people to use private cities more.

totally agree!
Newbie but wanting to help make Hellominers even better

Izela#1114

Postby Sir_Binary » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:45 pm

Mundlier wrote:I'm a little late to the discussion but I'm also in favor of full server reset with no transfer of land, balance, or infrastructure. However, I hope the world file will be available for download, as it would be nice to save my past builds. Or at the very least, open the server for one day so I can screenshot my builds and city.

yesss
my last signature looked spammy so uh yeah add my disc at sirbinary#7593 if you want <3

Postby ~Adu » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:49 am

~Adu wrote:Definitely an inside job, the hellonati is back everybody.

i fkn called it first
ImageLike · Succeededkiller likes this post.

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Manager of North Helloclan
Networth: F1,500,000+
Player since 2015
Discord: Adu0123#7982

Connect with me:

Postby rexthebest » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:06 am

~Adu wrote:
~Adu wrote:Definitely an inside job, the hellonati is back everybody.

i fkn called it first

gg

PreviousNext