Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [ECONOMY]Dynamic Economy Pitch -DEV_SUGGESTION - discussion

[ECONOMY]Dynamic Economy Pitch -DEV_SUGGESTION - discussion

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Moderator: HelloMiners Admin
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

[ECONOMY]Dynamic Economy Pitch -DEV_SUGGESTION - discussion

Postby MagnusFrost » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:44 am

Will edit with suggestion when I have permissions :|

Discuss!

Re: [ECONOMY]Dynamic Economy Pitch -DEV_SUGGESTION - discuss

Postby 4K606 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:42 am

I feal like this is too complicated when all that is needed is to remove the government trade center. The government trade center is keeping the prices stagnant. I'm not sure it will work as hoped but It would be a good experiment to test out for a few months, just like when we removed /suicide for a few months.
Surplus Discord: https://discord.gg/TbWcvKT
West Helloclan Manager
Co-Creator of October Fest!
Private City Dept. Evaluator

"Solitude is dangerous. It's very addictive.
It becomes a habit after you realise how
peaceful and calm it is. It's like you don't want
to deal with people anymore because they
drain your energy."
- Jim Carrey

Postby PrinceAdam » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:01 am

I think step 3 is a good idea. It will be useful to have. Maybe HelloMiners can get business bank accounts
President of 2M, Founder of 2M Gas and 2M Apartments and Hotels. Founder of 2M Build

Postby SilverKnight » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:01 am

Yea 1 and 2 might be kinda hard and too hard to implement, and might not be popular for a lot of people. 3 is gud and def needed, and a gov stock market wud be excellent
Silver :" Why u no want build in sol?
Luke :"Find me a 20x20 plot for an apt ( not ocelot it's full)
Silver :" Build in sol pls."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk*"
Silver :"What do you mean? I'm saying that u should build apt in sol after that one."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk again*"
#TrollLogic2017

Baron of Coconut Beach
Find me ingame; I give away money regularly! :)

Postby fluffythebunnyx3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:17 am

i created another forum account just to comment on here, i think the /bank plugin should be re-added or something similar so theres like seperate bank accounts for businesses or just personal use. For example, say you wanted to save up 100k to buy some land or a city etc, but you're also working on other projects or have a shop. Keeping your money seperate in a /bank is easy, and you could maybe give other players access to it, whilst notes are great you cant really see the money on demand and theres a possibility it can get lost or stolen. I dont know why the /bank plugin was removed, but i think re-adding something similar is a good idea. ;)
joined November 10th 2017 init currently banned

Postby ~Doodle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 pm

I personally am against any for of tax on the buying and selling of any items. I also think that having an algorithm which calculates the value of items based on the quantity bought and sold is also a bad idea, as this will mean players who look to buy items will constantly look for the cheapest seller, meaning they wait for weeks at a time. This decreases buy rates which drops the prices and subsequently raises the value. This puts people in a loop for wanting the items for a good price but waiting for prices to drop, only to find they start raising again. A player based system where we decide the prices and directly compete against others to get more sales works perfect, it is just the government trade centre that has no influx in price. If we maybe make the trade centre a trade in stocks in an industry and actually make a synthetic stock market on industry on the server, then that would totally work and I would be super looking forward to, but I don't think having a government trade centre really works at all unless it's selling goods.

Summery is, I think we should remove the trade centre entirely and make some form of goods sales only that's government run and will influx with the prices its being bought/sold for. I also think we should make a stock market based on the different industries on HelloMiners exclusively, e.g; food, rares and blocks (materials). What's your thoughts?
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby ~Satan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:54 pm

I especially like your third idea, if we could have something like corporate bank accounts that would be wild. It would be even more wild if those accounts could be used for chest shops! Starting a store together with someone else would become so much easier because all owners of a company could just see the shop logs which makes a company more transparent and makes it much easier to start one as most people here go solo because they simply don't trust each other sadly. It would also help to organize sales, a company could have a separate bank account for each location and use that data to decide on what location sells best (currently I use the pricing strategy that Whole Blocks started, giving each location a slightly different price to see where sales come from). It would also be nice for some new ideas that I have lying around like, the Hellominers Mass Transit Corporation meant to restructure and revolutionize the messy nether tunnels we have right now (reorganizing hubs, making better tunnels to cut down traveling time etc.)
~Doodle likes this post.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info