Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Remove (or fix) mobstacking

Remove (or fix) mobstacking

Got a suggestion for the server? Post it here! Then create a discussion topic in the discussion sub forum.
Forum rules
This section is solely for posting suggestions, not the discussion of them.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion discussion topic in the suggestion discussion forum.
When naming your topic, please prefix it with what the suggestion is for. The below categories currently exist, [MISC] should be used only if it doesn't fit into any other category.:
[ECONOMY], [COMMUNITY], [FUN], [STAFF], [FORUM], [MISC]

Remove (or fix) mobstacking

Postby Adware » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 am

For about a year now, we've had a plugin that stacks mobs together in groups of 20.

From the start I was heavily against this plugin that was implemented without any discussion with the players. It was never told what it would do, though it was suddenly there.

So, here are my complaints and why I think this plugin should be either removed completely or fixed to be implemented back:

1. The health of these stacks is 20 of these mobs' health added up together. They can be very hard to beat.
2. When you kill multiple mobs from one stack, or the whole stack at once for example by falling (which I got Spartan to fix already so that all mobs die at normal fall distance), you still only get loot for 1 mob, not 20.
3. Nametagged mobs are not supposed to stack. Most of the time, they don't. However, sometimes there is a glitch where mobs that have a completely different name attached to them, do stack together. This I find the most frustrating about it. You just wasted nametags and sometimes also spawneggs because the plugin messed up,
4. This does not, as the admin team likes to boast, reduce the amount of mobs at a farm. What this plugin does is either force people to have stacks of 20 instead of one, or try and be very tricky by nametagging them with the chance they might still stack together as described in the previous point.

This plugin functions poorly. Leave your argument in the discussion topic: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=34596
4 people like this post.
Owner of RR Group (RR Industries & Adli)

Owner of Cale Island

Builder at Eggy's Architecture

#UnbanForsals