Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player [Report] Ashlynn_Rose - Bias during Investigation

[Report] Ashlynn_Rose - Bias during Investigation

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: [Report] Ashlynn_Rose - Bias during Investigation

Postby SpartanPride7 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Hey, thank you for your report.

Players not feeling comfortable trusting staff members is not something we want. I understand that you do not feel comfortable with the way the report has been dealt with, and that is perfectly fine. However, despite how you feel about this, the fact is ashlynn_rose has been dealing with this report completely unbiased and in a manner that a staff member should.

While ashlynn_rose may have been the "face" of the ban, having compiled the evidence and completing the ban topic, the entire report was a join-staff investigation. It was a long investigation to understand what happened, gather the necessary information, and then making a decision based on the server rules. To think that ashlynn_rose did this all by herself, especially in a biased manner, with no input from the rest of the staff is just incorrect.

The rest of this report seems to be relating back to your unban request, which is still under review. Therefore, I will not comment on the current nature of your ban, rather just the new report made. The only evidence I have seen compiled is an argument regarding the reasons for your unban. It does not show any bias. Bias would be her actively trying to stop your unban request, having reasons, unrelated to the report, to ban you, or trying to create false arguments or evidence. None of that has happened, at all. Though it is completely unnecessary for ashlynn_rose to do so, she has already taken an active step back from your unban request, as seen when she left the group chat with parties related to the report, staff, and you. Staff are examining the rest of your request and will have a decision there when it is ready.

===========================================================================================================

ZacTheMan1 wrote:To add more to this I was muted for 1 hour for [I] a pice of paper with a saying on it called I love spartan. There are 2 things wrong with this:
1) There is no rule against this. At the time others were doing it and it was not at the level of spam. She then said anyone who does it would get a 1 hour mute. Since Saturdays are for the boys, I did it and she handed out my mute.

2) standard mute is 5 minutes so where she got here 60 mins idk. I mean I know that you like to feel powerful but cmon, I was promoting the cause.

Proof: https://www.hellominers.com/bans/info.php?type=mute&id=527

When I say this, I am referring to everyone on the server. If you see a staff member who you think used their powers incorrectly, report it immediately. Waiting to report it, and then just piling it up all at once is completely unhelpful for the players, the staff, and the community. If you expect action to be taken, you have to report it. In this case, it has been 19 days since the mute has been handed out and this is the first time it is being brought up.

As for the nature of the mute, here are the full accounts of what was going on that day (as some of your statements were just false).

Server logs
Code: Select all
 [15:28:37] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> [i]
[15:28:41] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:28:42] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> [i]
[15:28:47] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:28:53] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Trial-Mod ~Ash> thats enough items
[15:30:53] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:33:34] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:33:57] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Trial-Mod ~Ash> next person to [ i ] one of those papers is getting an hour mute, im sick of it
[15:34:04] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Sir_Binary> [i]
[15:34:26] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <~Ara> this spartan circus should leave town
[15:34:29] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:35:33] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> I want to take one for the team
[15:36:01] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> but you must warn before an hour mute
[15:36:08] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <~Ara> she did
[15:36:12] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Trial-Mod ~Ash> i did
[15:38:54] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> imma take the mute
[15:39:04] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> rip me
[15:39:07] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> [i]
[15:39:09] [Server thread/INFO]: ashlynn_rose issued server command: /mute ZacTheMan1 1h
[15:39:10] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> mute me
[15:39:15] [Server thread/INFO]: ashlynn_rose issued server command: /mute ZacTheMan1 1h you were waarned
[15:39:15] [pool-8-thread-132/INFO]: ashlynn_rose tempmuted ZacTheMan1 for 1 hour for 'you were waarned'
[15:39:16] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> omg zac

Logs provided by ashlynn_rose
[14:28:28] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Head Admin Spartan Is the Best! x1>
[14:28:35] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> <Head Admin Spartan Is the Best! x54>
[14:28:39] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Shop at icentipay.com x1>
[14:28:40] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> <I Love Head Admin SpartanPride7! x57>
[14:28:45] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <shop at wholeblocks rc x1>
[14:28:51] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> thats enough items
[14:28:55] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <SidedSuns> ooo
[14:28:59] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <SidedSuns> spart's gonna demote you
[14:29:09] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> he already did
[14:30:51] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Shop at icentipay.com x1>
[14:33:32] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Heil Head Admin SpartanPride7! x1>
[14:33:55] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> next person to [ i ] one of those papers is getting an hour mute, im sick of it
[14:34:19] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Nate> were just praising our head admin
[14:34:23] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> try me
[14:34:24] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Ara> this spartan circus should leave town
[14:35:31] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> I want to take one for the team
[14:35:59] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> but you must warn before an hour mute
[14:36:10] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> i did
[14:38:48] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> you know what
[14:38:52] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> imma take the mute
[14:39:02] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> rip me
[14:39:04] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> <Heil Head Admin SpartanPride7! x54>
[14:39:07] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] You must provide a reason for this punishment!
[14:39:07] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> mute me
[14:39:13] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] ashlynn_rose tempmuted ZacTheMan1 for 1 hour for 'you were waarned'

I'm not going to say a one hour mute was the best time length, and ashlynn_rose has been informed of that now, but you were clearly warned numerous times, told the punishment in advanced, and then continued.

We like to keep the chat as nice and clean as possible. For that reason it is not allowed to (...), troll ceaselessly, (...), or spam chat.

If staffmember tells someone to do something, failing to do so will be seen as rule-breaking.
4 people like this post.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby ZacTheMan1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:47 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:Hey, thank you for your report.

Players not feeling comfortable trusting staff members is not something we want. I understand that you do not feel comfortable with the way the report has been dealt with, and that is perfectly fine. However, despite how you feel about this, the fact is ashlynn_rose has been dealing with this report completely unbiased and in a manner that a staff member should.

While ashlynn_rose may have been the "face" of the ban, having compiled the evidence and completing the ban topic, the entire report was a join-staff investigation. It was a long investigation to understand what happened, gather the necessary information, and then making a decision based on the server rules. To think that ashlynn_rose did this all by herself, especially in a biased manner, with no input from the rest of the staff is just incorrect.

The rest of this report seems to be relating back to your unban request, which is still under review. Therefore, I will not comment on the current nature of your ban, rather just the new report made. The only evidence I have seen compiled is an argument regarding the reasons for your unban. It does not show any bias. Bias would be her actively trying to stop your unban request, having reasons, unrelated to the report, to ban you, or trying to create false arguments or evidence. None of that has happened, at all. Though it is completely unnecessary for ashlynn_rose to do so, she has already taken an active step back from your unban request, as seen when she left the group chat with parties related to the report, staff, and you. Staff are examining the rest of your request and will have a decision there when it is ready.

===========================================================================================================

ZacTheMan1 wrote:To add more to this I was muted for 1 hour for [I] a pice of paper with a saying on it called I love spartan. There are 2 things wrong with this:
1) There is no rule against this. At the time others were doing it and it was not at the level of spam. She then said anyone who does it would get a 1 hour mute. Since Saturdays are for the boys, I did it and she handed out my mute.

2) standard mute is 5 minutes so where she got here 60 mins idk. I mean I know that you like to feel powerful but cmon, I was promoting the cause.

Proof: https://www.hellominers.com/bans/info.php?type=mute&id=527

When I say this, I am referring to everyone on the server. If you see a staff member who you think used their powers incorrectly, report it immediately. Waiting to report it, and then just piling it up all at once is completely unhelpful for the players, the staff, and the community. If you expect action to be taken, you have to report it. In this case, it has been 19 days since the mute has been handed out and this is the first time it is being brought up.

As for the nature of the mute, here are the full accounts of what was going on that day (as some of your statements were just false).

Server logs
 [15:28:37] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> [i]
[15:28:41] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:28:42] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> [i]
[15:28:47] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:28:53] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Trial-Mod ~Ash> thats enough items
[15:30:53] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:33:34] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:33:57] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Trial-Mod ~Ash> next person to [ i ] one of those papers is getting an hour mute, im sick of it
[15:34:04] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Sir_Binary> [i]
[15:34:26] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <~Ara> this spartan circus should leave town
[15:34:29] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> [i]
[15:35:33] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> I want to take one for the team
[15:36:01] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> but you must warn before an hour mute
[15:36:08] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <~Ara> she did
[15:36:12] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <Trial-Mod ~Ash> i did
[15:38:54] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> imma take the mute
[15:39:04] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> rip me
[15:39:07] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> [i]
[15:39:09] [Server thread/INFO]: ashlynn_rose issued server command: /mute ZacTheMan1 1h
[15:39:10] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <ZacTheMan1> mute me
[15:39:15] [Server thread/INFO]: ashlynn_rose issued server command: /mute ZacTheMan1 1h you were waarned
[15:39:15] [pool-8-thread-132/INFO]: ashlynn_rose tempmuted ZacTheMan1 for 1 hour for 'you were waarned'
[15:39:16] [Async Chat Thread - #31/INFO]: <herd_the_nerf> omg zac

Logs provided by ashlynn_rose
[14:28:28] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Head Admin Spartan Is the Best! x1>
[14:28:35] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> <Head Admin Spartan Is the Best! x54>
[14:28:39] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Shop at icentipay.com x1>
[14:28:40] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> <I Love Head Admin SpartanPride7! x57>
[14:28:45] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <shop at wholeblocks rc x1>
[14:28:51] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> thats enough items
[14:28:55] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <SidedSuns> ooo
[14:28:59] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <SidedSuns> spart's gonna demote you
[14:29:09] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> he already did
[14:30:51] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Shop at icentipay.com x1>
[14:33:32] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <herd_the_nerf> <Heil Head Admin SpartanPride7! x1>
[14:33:55] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> next person to [ i ] one of those papers is getting an hour mute, im sick of it
[14:34:19] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Nate> were just praising our head admin
[14:34:23] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> try me
[14:34:24] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Ara> this spartan circus should leave town
[14:35:31] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> I want to take one for the team
[14:35:59] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> but you must warn before an hour mute
[14:36:10] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ash> i did
[14:38:48] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> you know what
[14:38:52] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> imma take the mute
[14:39:02] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> rip me
[14:39:04] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> <Heil Head Admin SpartanPride7! x54>
[14:39:07] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] You must provide a reason for this punishment!
[14:39:07] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> mute me
[14:39:13] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] ashlynn_rose tempmuted ZacTheMan1 for 1 hour for 'you were waarned'

I'm not going to say a one hour mute was the best time length, and ashlynn_rose has been informed of that now, but you were clearly warned numerous times, told the punishment in advanced, and then continued.

We like to keep the chat as nice and clean as possible. For that reason it is not allowed to (...), troll ceaselessly, (...), or spam chat.

If staffmember tells someone to do something, failing to do so will be seen as rule-breaking.

If you were to look at the time stamps on those they are 5-10 minutes apart. Is that any different than advertising a business or service?

Also you and I both know that jack shit would have been done after the mute. It’s not any serious event and I knew y’all wouldn’t do anything. I even told strange who was on during my mute and nothing was done. So... just like in the past with stranges report, I waited until I could stack up evidence which is the only way to get things done.

And that rule seems a bit out of context too. Just because mods have the power to tell me to stop I’m not going to listen to them.

Postby captain_2ds » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:28 pm

ZacTheMan1 wrote:Just because mods have the power to tell me to stop I’m not going to listen to them.

That's definitely your choice, just like IRL with any authority. And just like IRL, there are consequences...it looks to me like you even specifically asked to be muted :D

"[14:39:07] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> mute me
3 people like this post.

Postby ZacTheMan1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:30 pm

captain_2ds wrote:
ZacTheMan1 wrote:Just because mods have the power to tell me to stop I’m not going to listen to them.

That's definitely your choice, just like IRL with any authority. And just like IRL, there are consequences...it looks to me like you even specifically asked to be muted :D

"[14:39:07] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <ZacTheMan1> mute me

Was testing to see if she would really do 1 hour

If you weren’t aware 5 mins is the most usually given 1 hour is for bots

Postby cmvo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:35 am

I'd like to thank staff for handling the explanation regarding this well, and fully. I still haven't received an answer to if the "say it = do it rule" and if it applies to everyone or only to select individuals, which was the main point of this.
captain_2ds likes this post.
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Postby Nova » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:59 am

FMDIAMOND wrote:I know how you feel, :/ this is a joke, 5 years ago you could joke all you wanted, now mods ban anyone who make a joke that they don’t like. This isn’t a place where people are suppose to be taken seriously, I tried to make some people laugh, and I got banned for 6 months, no staff cared for the evidence I provided, now look at me, a 5 year vet, loosing all his assets.

First statement is 100% true.
80% Owner and Founder of GBS.
Player since 2013.
Net worth: 550k
Minecraft account: Forsals
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Postby Nova » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:02 am

FMDIAMOND wrote:I know how you feel, :/ this is a joke, 5 years ago you could joke all you wanted, now mods ban anyone who make a joke that they don’t like. This isn’t a place where people are suppose to be taken seriously, I tried to make some people laugh, and I got banned for 6 months, no staff cared for the evidence I provided, now look at me, a 5 year vet, loosing all his assets.

Teddy used to cuss a lot on the server. Things were for sure different after he stepped back. I think the main reason for the change is the older admins were either voted off by the new admins or they have stepped back. When they demoted Max that made me really mad. All of the good admins are gone Beta, Alpha, Ipod, Fresh.
Player since 2013.
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Postby Nova » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:05 am

My message to CMVO:

I don't understand how literally the nicest guy on the server gets banned for over two years? Like my bans were decently justified in their times but this is ridiculous... Even my ten month back is ridiculous. Two years is insane. I don't understand how these type of people get staff.

Also, CMVO thank you for your service. Semper FI brother.
Player since 2013.
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Postby Nova » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:13 am

God, a lot has changed since I've been gone. Literally one of the only good staff members Zac is no longer on the team? I'm really confused.
Player since 2013.
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Postby d0dleysvrz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:57 am

seems to me you're just bashing on rules here to prove that you're right.

Seems like HM is turning into more of a legal affairs war than a minecraft server....
2 people like this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Previous