Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report Bugs / Problems The Joke Rule


The Joke Rule

Found a bug? Can you recreate it? If so, tell us here so we can fix it.

The Joke Rule

Postby Amaido the Feller » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Okay so now I got permanently banned for making a joke after I said this:

[14:48:55] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <AmaidoGoodman> The following things I am going to say are a JOKE
[14:49:07] [main/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <AmaidoGoodman> So please no ban


This is getting out of control, everyone is getting banned for making silly jokes. Seriously staff, stop permanently banning people for jokes. This seems like you want to ban your entire playerbase for no reason. I even told Rodney this and showed him the logs, he told me "We take threats seriously, even if it is a joke"

I won't get unbanned until the server gets a staff swap or someone gets here and rules over it. Until then, I hope the best of luck to this server and to those who love jokes and understand the position I and others players are in, where even if you make a joke and say it out loud in chat with green big text you will still get banned.
Attachments
Skjermbilde (132).png
Skjermbilde (132).png (260.98 KiB) Viewed 179 times
2019-03-17_14.54.37.png
2019-03-17_14.54.37.png (36 KiB) Viewed 179 times

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby Amoni » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm

I disagree with the rule too...
But just dont make server jokes?????
Image
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:22 pm

You also have to remember you were on probation. Your previous ban was for the same thing, server threats. Under probation, rules are treated much harsher on you, as you were told when you were unbanned.

A ban topic will be up within 24 hours.
2 people like this post.
Image

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby Amaido the Feller » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:24 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:You also have to remember you were on probation. Your previous ban was for the same thing, server threats. Under probation, rules are treated much harsher on you, as you were told when you were unbanned.

A ban topic will be up within 24 hours.


I do not know what rule have I broke. There is none which says you can't joke. As well I specifically said before saying that in text that was green and big that it was a JOKE with underline. There is no reason to ban me at all.

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby Endershack » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Amaido the Feller wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:You also have to remember you were on probation. Your previous ban was for the same thing, server threats. Under probation, rules are treated much harsher on you, as you were told when you were unbanned.

A ban topic will be up within 24 hours.


I do not know what rule have I broke. There is none which says you can't joke. As well I specifically said before saying that in text that was green and big that it was a JOKE with underline. There is no reason to ban me at all.


You can’t say anything you want to just because you say it’s a joke beforehand.
3 people like this post.
OQIL 2019 Winter: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33363
Owner of Valley City Pink Stall
<Trial-Mod ~Ender>

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby Amaido the Feller » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Endershack wrote:
Amaido the Feller wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:You also have to remember you were on probation. Your previous ban was for the same thing, server threats. Under probation, rules are treated much harsher on you, as you were told when you were unbanned.

A ban topic will be up within 24 hours.


I do not know what rule have I broke. There is none which says you can't joke. As well I specifically said before saying that in text that was green and big that it was a JOKE with underline. There is no reason to ban me at all.


You can’t say anything you want to just because you say it’s a joke beforehand.


I would understand that if I said something like "Kill yourself" but instead I said a joke which has been said lots of times in this server and has never mattered up until a few weeks ago.

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby Cheerios32 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Amaido the Feller wrote:I would understand that if I said something like "Kill yourself" but instead I said a joke which has been said lots of times in this server and has never mattered up until a few weeks ago.

It has always mattered, at least as long as I've been on the server.
Tunnel likes this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby Dylad » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm

I cannot believe this, amaido you dumbass. Don’t make server threat jokes when you’re on probation or possibly at all. They’re not even funny and it was just flat out stupid to do it in a situation like this. Don’t argue with this ban when we didn’t even see what you had said.
4 people like this post.
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
--------------------------------------------------------------
2 Years
--------------------------------------------------------------
OQIL Administrator
--------------------------------------------------------------
Owner Of Prism RC
Topic: viewtopic.php?f=184&t=33729

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby 丂の爪千ノ匚 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:46 pm

what even was the joke
4 people like this post.
team dany

Image

Re: The Joke Rule

Postby SuperPro148 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Why should you actually make jokes about it when someone already got banned for this :|
Dylad likes this post.
Hi.

Next