Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements the dynamap?

the dynamap?

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

the dynamap?

Postby d0dleysvrz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:43 pm

Can we please get the map up again.

It's very essetnial in city planning and building bigger constructs, i can't live without it.
Can someone please give the person responsible for fixing it a kick under the butt D:
11 people like this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 995,485.47F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Re: the dynamap?

Postby Egor » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:46 pm

I think if we did kick that person’s but SK wouldn’t even have one
2 people like this post.

Postby SpartanPride7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:52 pm

As others have said, only SK and Tedde can fix it. Not much I and other staff can really do up to this point. I'm as anxious to get it back as everyone else. Here's an update from SK from two days ago in our discord about the dynmap:

SucceededKiller wrote:(...)
[I] need Tedde to help me figure out the [dyn]map storage, I've got nowhere it will fit right now. Might be able to get that done in the next couple of weeks though.
(...)

So, it's really up to them. Seems like they have to purchase a new database to store the map in the first place, which is why Tedde is needed as he controls the finances. Yes, we have to wait some more, but that's really all that we can do. It's, sadly, just how it is.
4 people like this post.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby Arakorni89 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:22 am

Having used dynmap myself I know that it uses a TON of space.

A suggestion how to reduce the space it needs: Configure it in a way that it doesn't try to render nether/end maps. For now dynmap has been doing 6 maps (which are all individually stored as arrays of high images), world2d, world3d, nether2d, nether3d, end2d, end3d. By removing the need for end and nether maps the space required on disc will be cut by a lot. Maybe ever more than 66,6% as end/nether maps are a lot larger than the overground world map. Also 90%+ of people would only be needing the 2d and 3d overworld maps anyway.
2 people like this post.
Tough but fair
Networth: Who cares

Postby SpartanPride7 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm

The space is mostly taken up by the overworld 3D map. That’s whats causing most of the space and storage issues

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby d0dleysvrz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:12 pm

okay thanks regarding the update :)
2 people like this post.

Click here for more info

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Postby 丂の爪千ノ匚 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:57 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:The space is mostly taken up by the overworld 3D map. That’s whats causing most of the space and storage issues

then remove it until we have a bigger database. people need it, 2d is better than nothing
5 people like this post.
team dany

Postby d0dleysvrz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm

丂の爪千ノ匚 wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:The space is mostly taken up by the overworld 3D map. That’s whats causing most of the space and storage issues

then remove it until we have a bigger database. people need it, 2d is better than nothing

I prefer to wait though and have 3d, its so much better when building towers and large things.

Click here for more info

Postby ~Weather » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Could remove the nether and end maps (3D and 2D). Is there an end map? Cant remember. No one ever uses those anyway and I'm sure it'd free up enough space to just run the normal world.
d0dleysvrz likes this post.
Net Worth - 1M+

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:07 pm

~Weather wrote:Could remove the nether and end maps (3D and 2D). Is there an end map? Cant remember. No one ever uses those anyway and I'm sure it'd free up enough space to just run the normal world.

Sadly it wouldnt. Everytime someone makes a change on the server, it makes the map file larger. Currently the map takes up over 100gb of storage and it will keep increasing with every block change made regardless of if it is told to show the end, nether or 3d maps.
Mob maker since October 2017

Next