Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale


HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby Egor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi again - it's me,
So over the past couple of weeks I have been posting topics about the whole "server is dying" situation; and if there is one thing I can say - it is that I've gotten a whole different view on the situation. So let's start.

Toxic Players
This one's an obvious one. I wouldn't really say that our server is filled with toxic players - because it's not. But one thing I shall say, is that there is just a group of people on the server which 'start' the wave of toxicity. Kind of like a domino effect. 1 person starts the beef, then another responds, and then another and another, until it gets to the point that we think the whole community is mean, and that is where I think we are wrong. In order to solve this problem, I recommend the most obvious and simple way - just don't join in? If you do decide to join because you think what the person is saying is wrong, at least try not to say anything controversial. Otherwise a flame war will start...

(Inactive) Staff Team
The staff team, what a topic. First off, I would like to mention that inactive staff is a problem (in my eyes at least). Yet, I can tell that it's currently being sorted out, considering the fact that Dr Strange already fired a couple of them - which shows progress. I have seen Strange also mention that player's aren't suggesting each other - and that's where the players come in. Honestly, we can't staff to do everything, so I am suggesting that we do actually suggest some people, even if they aren't your friends (cause players sometimes suggest their friends). The attitude - many said that the team is a bit 'set in one's way' as they don't want to change their routines and actions. To that I recommend - we should leave give them some space, as we are also influencing their actions. Regarding the Beta situation, I think we should bring him back, but that's for another topic. But as far as I know, it's being discussed as of right now?

Not Interesting Enough
We shouldn't be complaining - in regards to the fish plugin and Ultra's latest post. I think we've got enough interesting things to keep is going for a while.

My Overall View
In conclusion, I think that everything is taking a positive turn. The team, community, events and etc. The players will come later. Plus, 1.13 is coming out soon. And to cheer(ios) you up even more, this is what I got from Ultra yesterday.

[23:20:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <funkydragon16> is there going to be a map expanstion soon :3
[23:21:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Admin _UltraPro_ [GOV]> funkydragon16 1.14 for sure
[23:21:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Venom> O Ult when r we updating to 1.14?
[23:21:22] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Admin _UltraPro_ [GOV]> quicker then 1.13

Thank you for taking your time to read this post, and let's spread positivity XD

Egor
Last edited by Egor on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 people like this post.
Net worth of 3,000,000F+
50 % Owner Of ACE Mega Stores
ACE Net Worth -4.5M Forsals

Image

Image

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby Cheerios32 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Egor wrote: And to cheer(ios) you up even more

I'm not unlocking any more megastores for you after that pun.
4 people like this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

Image

To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby KingAndrew95 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:48 pm

The reason that 1.14 will be much shorter than 1.13 is that on the backend of things, 1.13 is basically a rewrite of tons of code (this is why it has taken so long, not because they just decided to not upgrade) and 1.14 is only an incremental change.
2 people like this post.
Minority Owner of BAZco
Owner of Sunshine Coast City
Owner of St Andrews City
Owner and CEO of Crown Holdings Company
Official HelloMiners Player Helper

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:50 pm

KingAndrew95 wrote:The reason that 1.14 will be much shorter than 1.13 is that on the backend of things, 1.13 is basically a rewrite of tons of code (this is why it has taken so long, not because they just decided to not upgrade) and 1.14 is only an incremental change.


You'll find its the command block structure that changes. That is why most gov places need to be remade before 1.13 is implemented. Myself and Aaech are working on BP for 1.13 because everything will basically break after the update.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#BringBackFunboi28


Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby Cheerios32 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:58 pm

_DJDoodle_ wrote:
KingAndrew95 wrote:The reason that 1.14 will be much shorter than 1.13 is that on the backend of things, 1.13 is basically a rewrite of tons of code (this is why it has taken so long, not because they just decided to not upgrade) and 1.14 is only an incremental change.


You'll find its the command block structure that changes. That is why most gov places need to be remade before 1.13 is implemented. Myself and Aaech are working on BP for 1.13 because everything will basically break after the update.


Also the way Minecraft (and by extension paper spigot) handles blocks has completely changed, that is the main issue, and why plugin updates take so long.
_UltraPro_ likes this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

Image

To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby LordRomias » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Toxic Players
I agree, don't engage them. I used to reply to chat topics and got embroiled in it all so I agree don't engage with them anymore. There's a few problematic souls that I've ignored. Usually because they like to launch into chats about communism and annoy people by confusing liberals with socialists etc. Sometimes it's like the leftover 2016 trolls spawned children.

(Inactive) Staff Team
Yes this is a massive problem and it's strange that inactive players get evicted yet inactive staff don't get removed. I saw one mod for the first time in months this week but I was glad he/she/it was doing helpmes, as I had been waiting a week and the other 5 mods and 2 admins that had been online for an hour were all supposedly busy for ages. There has been stronger presence in the last month but helpmes have been lacking a bit.

Not Interesting Enough
I can't remember the last time I did an event and there is a tendency to do the same event constantly. There are plenty of events being neglected.

My Overall View
- Expansion: it was promised for 1.13 so don't bank on it for 1.14 even if they say it.
- Staff structure: Admins should be the line managers of Mods. There should be no senior mods. Make a new rank for event staff and start recruiting. Remember timezones.
- Suggestions: please take on board some of my suggestions in the suggestions forums as well as those of other players.
- Rules: still waiting on that clarification on the land rules as Modney isn't reading it right. Either that or it needs to be rewritten.
- General recruitment: I have seen an increase in staff and staff presence but a decrease in helpmes so please get this sorted.
- Events: More please
- City helpmes: Stop neglecting cities, yes you admins. I know there's lots to do but the economy of private cities need to thrive too. Start helping private cities develop. Airports are important too.
- Player helpers/City staff: I know the world revolves around government cities, but private cities could do with some love too. We should start directing new players to private cities too.
- 1.13: I know we're waiting on the beta but is there a way to lobby these external developers. It's taking ages for worldedit/worldguard plugins to get out of beta.
3 people like this post.
CEO of Romco
Mayor of Snowdonia City

Image

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 pm

LordRomias wrote:Toxic Players
Airports are important too.


YES! We still need to get our airports connected :lol:
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!
Image
Image

One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby KingAndrew95 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:
_DJDoodle_ wrote:
KingAndrew95 wrote:The reason that 1.14 will be much shorter than 1.13 is that on the backend of things, 1.13 is basically a rewrite of tons of code (this is why it has taken so long, not because they just decided to not upgrade) and 1.14 is only an incremental change.


You'll find its the command block structure that changes. That is why most gov places need to be remade before 1.13 is implemented. Myself and Aaech are working on BP for 1.13 because everything will basically break after the update.


Also the way Minecraft (and by extension paper spigot) handles blocks has completely changed, that is the main issue, and why plugin updates take so long.


Yea this is what I am saying ^
Metal89 likes this post.
Minority Owner of BAZco
Owner of Sunshine Coast City
Owner of St Andrews City
Owner and CEO of Crown Holdings Company
Official HelloMiners Player Helper

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby ~Theems » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Egor wrote:Toxic Players
This one's an obvious one. I wouldn't really say that our server is filled with toxic players - because it's not. But one thing I shall say, is that there is just a group of people on the server which 'start' the wave of toxicity. Kind of like a domino effect. 1 person starts the beef, then another responds, and then another and another, until it gets to the point that we think the whole community is mean, and that is where I think we are wrong. In order to solve this problem, I recommend the most obvious and simple way - just don't join in? If you do decide to join because you think what the person is saying is wrong, at least try not to say anything controversial. Otherwise a flame war will start...


I disagree, you'll find toxic players everywhere. HM has a friendly community, and yes there are jerks but that's just life, it's not the servers fault.

Totally agree with the staff thing though, I mean sometimes the staff will mess up, and instead of being open they just tell players to drop it and threaten a ban. I've seen multiple people leave because of it.
i am a lesbean

It's jingle season my dudes

Re: HM's Crisis (Part 5) - The Finale

Postby Cheerios32 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 pm

~Theems wrote:
Egor wrote:Toxic Players
This one's an obvious one. I wouldn't really say that our server is filled with toxic players - because it's not. But one thing I shall say, is that there is just a group of people on the server which 'start' the wave of toxicity. Kind of like a domino effect. 1 person starts the beef, then another responds, and then another and another, until it gets to the point that we think the whole community is mean, and that is where I think we are wrong. In order to solve this problem, I recommend the most obvious and simple way - just don't join in? If you do decide to join because you think what the person is saying is wrong, at least try not to say anything controversial. Otherwise a flame war will start...


I disagree, you'll find toxic players everywhere. HM has a friendly community, and yes there are jerks but that's just life, it's not the servers fault.

Totally agree with the staff thing though, I mean sometimes the staff will mess up, and instead of being open they just tell players to drop it and threaten a ban. I've seen multiple people leave because of it.


Please, quote me examples where staff have threatened people with bans if they discuss a mess up. I'm exceedingly curious because I've never noted it.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

Image

To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Next