Ban appeal

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Ban appeal

Postby FMDIAMOND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:44 am

I know my ban is only 10 days, but I think I was banned wrongly as I will show you in the rest of this post.'

ban topic:
viewtopic.php?f=298&t=31664
yes i used the thunder hammer to hit someone, and yes it did hurt them, but i did not kill them nor had any intention to.
as the rule states (which is why I've never killed anyone with the hammer (unless the other player wants to)).
PvP without explicit permission from a staff member:
5 days of ban per killed player, unless the victim does not want to press charges.

as i did not kill anyone i should be exempt from this ban, yes i did hit them, but that should only be a warning as no lives were lost, as you can see in the logs (in the link) I did admit to harming someone but never killing someone

you can see in the post (link above^) that Beach_ asked perkins about me hitting a player, but what actually happened was i was hitting my friends such as Maxxx___ and Spiderpig2323, and not Perkins him self (which I don't see why he should be included, as he was never harmed), which if you ask them they will say that they do not mind, and that Rustie and I have even had lighting wars before.
so with this i dont see that there was any need to ban me for 10 days, no rules were broken, no one was at a loss and i especially didn't kill anyone
4 people like this post.
Second owner of TORCHED and net worth of 350K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Re: Ban appeal

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:53 am

This is true. No player was killer therefore it isn't illegal PvP. Plus, funky has hit me so many times with a thunder hammer and hasn't been banned. A warning would have been suitable.
FMDIAMOND likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#BringBackFunboi28

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby ~Spider » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 am

I haven't pressed chargers... or have I ;)

jkjk
<Spiderpig2323>
--------------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 19th 2016
Owner And Founder Of Item World Inc.
25% Owner Of ACE Mega Stores
Networth: F3,850,000
Top Balance: F2,000,000
--------------------------------------------------------------

Postby dusk_kitty » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:11 am

Comprehending FMDIAMOND's ban, I would believe his ban to be an unfair action. As FMDIAMOND has quoted that:
"PvP without explicit permission from a staff member:
5 days of ban per killed player, unless the victim does not want to press charges."
In this case, FMDIAMOND had admitted that he had harmed people however, he did not kill anyone. Yes, he illegally PvP'ed players but he did not kill them. The only thing that would have been lost in this case would be (if both players died), that both players would have to go back to where they were originally and damage to amor could have been caused due to the thunder hammer's perks. The thunder hammer enables us to illegally pvp people, and of course we should be responsible but the server had promoted the use of the thunder hammer by giving its perks to strike mobs AND players.

Overall, the most important factor we must recognise is that he was playing with his friends and they DID NOT press any charges but another party did; thus which is why I believe that the most reasonable action that could have taken place would be either a warning, a kick or a 1 day ban (on an extreme extent).
"We're only alive if we bruise."

Postby clexar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:33 am

“a serious attempt at doing something that would break a rule is treated as breaking the rule.”
sgtsurfinbyrd likes this post.
*also not a real trial mod*

Postby FMDIAMOND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:00 pm

clexar wrote:“a serious attempt at doing something that would break a rule is treated as breaking the rule.”

"a serious attempt",? how do you know its was serious? also I was not attempting to kill anyone.
if I wanted to kill them would I have done it? I mean I could of...
Second owner of TORCHED and net worth of 350K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby KingAndrew95 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 pm

The actual solution to this is to remove that weapon. It has caused more problems than it is worth AND it basically allows for people to break the rules, completely defeating the no pvp flags on gov cities.

Sorry if this doesn’t contribute to the original purpose of the post, but just had to share my two cents (albeit unwanted).
2 people like this post.
Minority Owner of BAZco
Owner of Sunshine Coast City
Owner of St Andrews City
Owner and CEO of Crown Holdings Company
Official HelloMiners Player Helper

Postby clexar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:50 pm

FMDIAMOND wrote:
clexar wrote:“a serious attempt at doing something that would break a rule is treated as breaking the rule.”

"a serious attempt",? how do you know its was serious? also I was not attempting to kill anyone.

what if they had been on 1 heart when you hit them?
Chrono likes this post.

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:56 pm

clexar wrote:
FMDIAMOND wrote:

then that sucks
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#BringBackFunboi28

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby clexar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:24 pm

_DJDoodle_ wrote:
clexar wrote:
FMDIAMOND wrote:"a serious attempt",? how do you know its was serious? also I was not attempting to kill anyone.

then that sucks

then that would be *illegal pvp

Next