Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements God bless everyone

God bless everyone

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

God bless everyone

Postby KingHrothgar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:23 am

Hi all
Never intended to write one of these when the time came - i was just going to leave. But i feel there are a few ways my post can be a positive thing. Have been here since June 2013 (seems obligatory that everyone needs to post when you started)

1) I run a couple businesses IRL. I can tell you this - the key to HM being successful again is Beta. Take it or leave it. It wont affect me at this point. Just being real with you. No strings.... no "plan" to prove himself worthy..... if he wants to come back and help, you should just hold the door wide open for him. It is amazing to me he still wants to help after being treated so poorly over the last year or so, however long it has been. I think it speaks even more highly to his character.

2) Serving on HM staff is hard. You have to be able to handle criticism well, and you also have to not let the power go to your head. I think everyone who serves on staff needs to "take a pulse" every now and then and make sure they arent failing in one or both of these areas.

3) Players need to chill out about staff and stop complaining so much. Its a FREE server with UNPAID staff. and you're supposed to just have FUN. playing MINECRAFT.

4) If you want HM to survive, and not just become some nasty chat room and ugly forum that turns people away, you need to get rid of the filth. It's gotten horrible. Some of it has always been there. But it is not even tolerable for me anymore. And if you don't want to police that, then you should put disclaimers that kids shouldn't join.

5) Some of you know - one of the only reasons I stayed on after Muno stopped playing was to keep my RC store full of free books with good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I emplore each of you to consider the God of the Bible - and the Good News of Jesus - that we cannot make ourselves worthy by good works. Rather, by Jesus living a perfect life and dying the death that WE deserved, we are saved (and by no other means).

Life will pass you by quickly..... stay focused on the big picture. Once you get that, everything else is clearer.

many of you know i am a CS Lewis fan.... heres a good quote to end with
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen... not because i see it, but because by it i see everything else"

Cheers, all, and God bless each of you.
Daisypark777

I dont really do discord, but i will try to check it from time to time
KingHrothgar#4119
26 people like this post.
“We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Re: God bless everyone

Postby Somfic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 am

It was really great working with you!! I wish you luck with your business and farewell
2 people like this post.
*not an actual mod anymore*

Postby ~Luc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:14 pm

You've always been someone I've looked up to since I joined the server, and I even remember after reading your free books contacting you for more information! I wish you the best of luck man, God bless.
2 people like this post.

Postby ViHQ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:50 pm

It's the end of an Era. There have always been that group of people as I grew up playing HM, that I know would be on and be helping people and helping the server in general. Even though we didn't talk much, I respected you. I knew you had been here for awhile. Its really sad seeing what is going on, I dont think we ever really are prepared for it.
Munomario likes this post.
"You know half the fun of owning a company? Getting people to do it for you." -ViHQ 11:06 9/27/15
CEO: Nature Incorporated - restoring the wilderness of HelloMiners.
Founder of Vanguard Industries (2015)

Postby ~Satan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Even though we barely talked and if we did we disagreed, It was nice to have you here and I wish you a lot of success in real life.
Also known as ~Satan , Damn you Somfic, Damn you.

Hellominers City Department - City Tier Evaluator - Contact me to get plots evicted or cities (tiers)approved ;)
CEO at Morningstar Capital Group (80% Owner of TESLO INC. & 100% owner of The Forsalist)

District Manager for Paradise Hills.

Creator of Hellominers Guide, HM's Fansite and Company/City Database.( https://HMguide.info )

Postby Gerhard » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Well brother, it was nice playing with you over the past 5 years. I agree with everything in your post. I may talk like a sailor really bad, but at the end of the day, I ask the good lord to forgive my sins. Some of you, the players, need to look at the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it may help some of you. Anyway, good luck with life, and see you on the fairway.

Gerhard
Maxxx likes this post.
Player manager of HelloClan City Main
Volunteer Firefighter - Goose Creek Rural Fire Dept.
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Postby ~Arctic » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:59 pm

I request not to be blessed by god.
Discord ~Arctic#8735
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
En tant que laboratoire de recherche sur l'arctique..... nous faisons des recherches concernant l'arctique.

Postby KingAndrew95 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:04 pm

It has been an absolutely grand pleasure to play alongside you for so many years. I truly mean it when I say I looked forward to you hopping on. Your contributions to the server cannot be counted.

Godspeed.
Minority Owner of BAZco
Owner of Sunshine Coast City
Owner of St Andrews City
Owner and CEO of Crown Holdings Company
Official HelloMiners Player Helper

Postby Maxxx » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:05 pm

KingHrothgar wrote:Hi all
Never intended to write one of these when the time came - i was just going to leave. But i feel there are a few ways my post can be a positive thing. Have been here since June 2013 (seems obligatory that everyone needs to post when you started)

1) I run a couple businesses IRL. I can tell you this - the key to HM being successful again is Beta. Take it or leave it. It wont affect me at this point. Just being real with you. No strings.... no "plan" to prove himself worthy..... if he wants to come back and help, you should just hold the door wide open for him. It is amazing to me he still wants to help after being treated so poorly over the last year or so, however long it has been. I think it speaks even more highly to his character.

2) Serving on HM staff is hard. You have to be able to handle criticism well, and you also have to not let the power go to your head. I think everyone who serves on staff needs to "take a pulse" every now and then and make sure they arent failing in one or both of these areas.

3) Players need to chill out about staff and stop complaining so much. Its a FREE server with UNPAID staff. and you're supposed to just have FUN. playing MINECRAFT.

4) If you want HM to survive, and not just become some nasty chat room and ugly forum that turns people away, you need to get rid of the filth. It's gotten horrible. Some of it has always been there. But it is not even tolerable for me anymore. And if you don't want to police that, then you should put disclaimers that kids shouldn't join.

5) Some of you know - one of the only reasons I stayed on after Muno stopped playing was to keep my RC store full of free books with good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I emplore each of you to consider the God of the Bible - and the Good News of Jesus - that we cannot make ourselves worthy by good works. Rather, by Jesus living a perfect life and dying the death that WE deserved, we are saved (and by no other means).

Life will pass you by quickly..... stay focused on the big picture. Once you get that, everything else is clearer.

many of you know i am a CS Lewis fan.... heres a good quote to end with
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen... not because i see it, but because by it i see everything else"

Cheers, all, and God bless each of you.
Daisypark777

I dont really do discord, but i will try to check it from time to time
KingHrothgar#4119
I can help spread your message and I would be happy too.
Owner of The Mine Shop.
Made By Egor

I'm not special.
I just work hard.
I suggest you do to.
I'm just a hard working American.

#I'mwithbeta
#unbanforsals
#unbangbt
#unbanzillux

Postby Chrono » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Definitely on of the most respected players leaving...

Even though we never talked much, your opinions and arguments in discussions were ones I could always relate to and agree with. Your posts alone should be enough to justify bringing Beta back.
I hope your efforts will not be forgotten and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your life!
Used to be known as c_or_789
Official Government Events & Quests Staff

Next