Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [MISC] Private City Expansion Rule - discussion

[MISC] Private City Expansion Rule - discussion

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

[MISC] Private City Expansion Rule - discussion

Postby LordRomias » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Suggestion:
viewtopic.php?f=299&t=31436&p=324318#p324318

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on either suggestions 1, 2 or 3.

Would be nice to hear from city owners too.

My thoughts are there is obviously some confusion on the wording.

Note: I haven’t had an issue yet with the expanding of parented regions, only the parent regions which has been a bit of an issue for me as a city owner
CEO of Romco
Mayor of Snowdonia City

Re: [MISC] Private City Expansion Rule - discussion

Postby ~Maki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 pm

Removing the rule would be a horrible idea. As a former mod, I've had the experience of dealing with regioning before and after the rule was created and believe me this rule is essential. The problem is private city owners have a habit of making a bunch of small regions all over the place which makes proper parenting of plots nearly impossible a prime example of this is the city in the mesa.
#ImWithBeta

Quil Family Reunion!

Re: [MISC] Private City Expansion Rule - discussion

Postby LordRomias » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Would you support option 2 with making it clearer what the rule refers to or option 3 for making a general rule for expanding regions?
CEO of Romco
Mayor of Snowdonia City