Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [Discuss] The New Hellominers

[Discuss] The New Hellominers

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Do You Agree?

Yes
48%
No (Explain Why)
52%

Total votes : 61

Re: [Discuss] The New Hellominers

Postby MrPumpcan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:57 am

Rock_In_Knight wrote:
DR_StevenStrange wrote:What if we made a new map that you can warp to so we could test this out?

What if we had a plugin that has multiple worlds. You can travel to a new map and back to the old hellominers map. That way people who want a map reset and players who want to keep the old map can be satisfied.

Cough*Multiverse Plugin
SilverKnight likes this post.

Companies/Citys I Own

Pumpcan Corp
Cookiemon
Palm Shores
Centx Banks
Summerville Falls City

Net Worth 100K
#I'mWithBeta - Spread the hashtag.

Postby skunkdonkey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 am

I like many of the points in this post, but there are a few I question.

~Bloom wrote:Passports :
Passports are something I quite like and believe should be incorporated for realism. Players should require a passport to travel to each country. The passport would allow them to enter an area where they can purchase their ticket like in a real airport. This would create some extra revenue. This would make players pick the countries they wish to travel to giving the countries a more competitive feel while competing for the most citizens.

What is the point in these? These seem like a pointless idea to implement, as it would just be another inconvenience. We don't have to be 100% accurate to real life. This would also take up time as someone would have to approve every passport.

~Bloom wrote:Currency -
Each country gets it's own bank note system universal for that country meaning that
Ashford and it's closest government city would be on the same currency. This currency can not be used/traded in banks in different countries and must be changed to the other currency in the airport at currency exchange.

We already have this system but for cities - and I do not know why. No-one spends their time in one city or will spend their time in one country, as they want to explore the map and cities. Also, these can't be used on chestshops, which is the main way people would want to use them.

~Bloom wrote:Funding
Each city is provided with a certain amount of money which they can spend. They have no more excess money and must rely on other sources of income to raise the rest of their money. Such ways of funding can be toll's on highways, passport stamps, charging for entry to government buildings and social events to raise money. This will allow the city to put the tax-payers money to work and improve their services/infrastructure (Improving public transport/government buildings etc)

Here, it seems you are essentially helping noob cities grow by giving them free money. Cities should have to get funding themselves, not rely on the government to spoon-feed them it.
4 people like this post.
ur mum innit

buy from rotoyl superstore or ur mum gay, and you wouldn't want that would you.

Postby ~Arctic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 am

I picked yes, though I have a problem with one thing. Here is what I think could happen:

1) I think VC, RC and CB should be made private cities and HelloClan City becomes the Capital city for the entire of HelloMiners or something.

2) Each city is their own country but can team up with nearby cities to be 1 entity.

Question about your Country idea:
What about when people want to make new cities? ;)
2 people like this post.
CEO of Jet1
Alpine District in OcelotCity
Buyer of Roytol Superstore for 45k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#RemoveWarps, Make Private Cities active & profitable
En tant que laboratoire de recherche sur l'arctique..... nous faisons des recherches concernant l'arctique.

Postby ~Satan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 am

As usual I am a big fan of removing warps, however I do have a few points on your suggestion:

- As much as I love adding some good realism to the server I don't think it would be wise to have like 5 countries that were created by the government. Instead, I think a much better idea would be to remove the silly tier 15 (Nation) requirement of having won 2 city vs city games because let's be honest I don't think anyone ever did a city vs city game. That way players get the freedom to start their own countries without too much gov. interference. Also City owners have worked hard for their cities and suddenly having their freedom taken away because of having to form a country ain't cool.

Furthermore, I agree that we should have a transport infrastructure, which we currently don't have, our highway system isn't worthy of being named an infrastructure, thank god gov started working on it. That should be in place before we even think of removing warps because no one wants to spend 10 minutes traveling because of incompetent infrastructure. If we are going to remove warps it should be as painless as possible. Ergo it should be super duper easy to get from one place to another, just without the privileged warps.

and yeah I agree that removing warps would allow companies to become actual companies and to compete or as I pointed out in a topic on the removal of warps before.

This here is a map of an international company called Spar, they are a bunch of retailers and wholesalers all operating under the same brand. Spar does market research before they open a new location, does a city have enough customers, is there any competition etc. All of these things are researched by the company before they open a new store. Just as any other retailer or wholesaler they have to deal with competition and they need multiple locations in order to stay ahead of the competition in terms of market share etc.

If we had warps in real life like on HM (idk it would probably be /Warp New York, Warp Shanghai, Warp Tokyo) than all companies would def. move to these warps and ditch any other cities. Because if anyone can /warp to New York why even bother having 400 locations accros the nation if everyone uses warp. If warps were ever possible irl they'd kill local economies and we'd see the richest cities become hubs where people live and consume.

Now here is a map of GNR (No hate, you guys just are the perfect example)
As you can see, GNR only has 1 location and why should they even bother having more locations? Their current location is fine, people can simply go to /warp rc from anywhere they are and go their shop. Having multiple locations wouldn't be logical. This is why cities like RC, Helloclan and NC become economical hubs (or well more like only their first two rows because why even bother going further away). These spots are only available for the richest.

Removing warps would make private cities useful again and companies would actually compete with each other in a fair way since ANY player could make a private city successful and popular. We'd see stores having multiple franchises, do market research and work together with local city governments which is pretty cool imo.

Part of why I stopped expanding Teslo to multiple cities was realizing that private cities were useless, I'd love to build a mega multinational company but it's no use as long as warps are still there. I mean having one megastore in front of a warp sounds pretty boring to me, that's not running a company that's passive income.
4 people like this post.
Also known as ~Satan , Damn you Somfic, Damn you.

Hellominers City Department - City Tier Evaluator - Contact me to get plots evicted or cities (tiers)approved ;)
CEO at Morningstar Capital Group (80% Owner of TESLO INC. & 100% owner of The Forsalist)

District Manager for Paradise Hills.

Creator of Hellominers Guide, HM's Fansite and Company/City Database.( https://HMguide.info )

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:37 am

nightemperor wrote:As usual I am a big fan of removing warps, however I do have a few points on your suggestion:

- As much as I love adding some good realism to the server I don't think it would be wise to have like 5 countries that were created by the government. Instead, I think a much better idea would be to remove the silly tier 15 (Nation) requirement of having won 2 city vs city games because let's be honest I don't think anyone ever did a city vs city game. That way players get the freedom to start their own countries without too much gov. interference. Also City owners have worked hard for their cities and suddenly having their freedom taken away because of having to form a country ain't cool.

Furthermore, I agree that we should have a transport infrastructure, which we currently don't have, our highway system isn't worthy of being named an infrastructure, thank god gov started working on it. That should be in place before we even think of removing warps because no one wants to spend 10 minutes traveling because of incompetent infrastructure. If we are going to remove warps it should be as painless as possible. Ergo it should be super duper easy to get from one place to another, just without the privileged warps.

and yeah I agree that removing warps would allow companies to become actual companies and to compete or as I pointed out in a topic on the removal of warps before.

This here is a map of an international company called Spar, they are a bunch of retailers and wholesalers all operating under the same brand. Spar does market research before they open a new location, does a city have enough customers, is there any competition etc. All of these things are researched by the company before they open a new store. Just as any other retailer or wholesaler they have to deal with competition and they need multiple locations in order to stay ahead of the competition in terms of market share etc.

If we had warps in real life like on HM (idk it would probably be /Warp New York, Warp Shanghai, Warp Tokyo) than all companies would def. move to these warps and ditch any other cities. Because if anyone can /warp to New York why even bother having 400 locations accros the nation if everyone uses warp. If warps were ever possible irl they'd kill local economies and we'd see the richest cities become hubs where people live and consume.

Now here is a map of GNR (No hate, you guys just are the perfect example)
As you can see, GNR only has 1 location and why should they even bother having more locations? Their current location is fine, people can simply go to /warp rc from anywhere they are and go their shop. Having multiple locations wouldn't be logical. This is why cities like RC, Helloclan and NC become economical hubs (or well more like only their first two rows because why even bother going further away). These spots are only available for the richest.

Removing warps would make private cities useful again and companies would actually compete with each other in a fair way since ANY player could make a private city successful and popular. We'd see stores having multiple franchises, do market research and work together with local city governments which is pretty cool imo.

Part of why I stopped expanding Teslo to multiple cities was realizing that private cities were useless, I'd love to build a mega multinational company but it's no use as long as warps are still there. I mean having one megastore in front of a warp sounds pretty boring to me, that's not running a company that's passive income.

You are saying warps should be removed and pritty much the only reason people got the plots, is removed.
How on earth will this benefit the server? Taking people's dream and peoples hard work and throwing it away.
Having warps, they make massive trade hubs which make players want to get a plot there. There are 3 trade hubs and eather you choose one or you try to get on in all 3. Removing these benefit us how?
You cannot go and say warps should be removed because we want companies in private cities, you can't do that. People spent ages working to get that warp plot and plan on using it for as much as they can. It is a market, and we are short on then right now. Why is removing 2 massive trade hubs benefiting the server?
You are essentially dooming the cities. It just becomes another private city and nobody would want a plot there. Everyone's plot at c
Vc and RC that they spent possibly 100s of k on, don't forget up to 70k a stall in VC if front row, would lose its value so dramatically.
Nobody wants that!

My solution is that we actually remove some of the warps. There are so many now and I think they are beginning to get overused.
Keep ./warp C,VC,RC and any events that happen (i.e fakecb summermarket) then delete the rest.
In /warp c make a tp hub where it would have tp's to all other types of warps such as EC,PM,ect. and that gives the possibility of a revival attempt at swamp city and north city.
If they were given proper spawns and a decent setup, they could become more active and make them like a cheaper tradehub that less expirenced players could try and start a company.

Removing all warps just crash the cities and make millions of hard earned forsalse dissapere.

~Doodle
SilverKnight likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Ex-Battle Palace Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Postby Cheerios32 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:38 am

I like this suggestion but Jesus it'll be a lot of work.
3 people like this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby Zyra_bot » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:31 am

Quick question what happens to netherhubs?
and do the "countries" country the entire map and in effect give others control of land that you already own or cities that you own?
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby skunkdonkey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:32 am

Zyra_bot wrote:Quick question what happens to netherhubs?
and do the "countries" country the entire map and in effect give others control of land that you already own or cities that you own?

I don't see why netherhubs would go.
ur mum innit

buy from rotoyl superstore or ur mum gay, and you wouldn't want that would you.

Postby Zyra_bot » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:43 am

skunkdonkey wrote:
Zyra_bot wrote:Quick question what happens to netherhubs?

I don't see why netherhubs would go.

Okie thats good but what about the exisig cities who controls them?

Postby thehackedchicken » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 pm

I love this suggestion. 10/10. It's exactly what HM needs. If we take it step by step, it won't be too overwhelming, and the server will start to come back to life.
Endershack likes this post.

PreviousNext