Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [Discuss] The New Hellominers

[Discuss] The New Hellominers

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Do You Agree?

Yes
48%
No (Explain Why)
52%

Total votes : 63

[Discuss] The New Hellominers

Postby ~Bloom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Owner Of Fresco Inc

Networth: 4.58 Million

Re: [Discuss] The New Hellominers

Postby ~Theems » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 pm

I love the people that picked "No, explain." Then didn't explain.
4 people like this post.
i am a lesbean

Postby ~Bloom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 pm

~Cheshire wrote:I love the people that picked "No, explain." Then didn't explain.

Nobody wants to explain for some reason
Endershack likes this post.
Owner Of Fresco Inc

Networth: 4.58 Million

Postby FunkyFinger » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm

I think this would make the server more active than ever, but people are afraid of change. And this would require tons of delegating and work and probably would end up failing like a certain city. But if it was feasible and people were willing to put the effort in then I'd love to see this become a reality :D
8 people like this post.
First to the key!

Owner Of Lotus Apartments

Member Of The WPT

Free Landscaping.
For Everyone.
Forever.

First to the egg!

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Like, as much as this would be cool, I personally think that it would be far to much work and it it basically re-desiging the server.
HelloMiners seems to only improve and move forward, not go back and fix previous errors made like when it was set up.
I agree with the passports and u kind of have me on the warp side, only just tho, but it would mean basically replacing the travel system and no matter how much he u try, not everyone will like lots of change.
I'd love to have a working transportation system then I would support this but right now, I would take it step by step. Proper travel, proper airports and passports, then removing warps apart from VC RC C and events. Set up a tp sign at /warp c and have main places such as swamp city and north city. This way it would bring value back into them and maybe revive them. From there you could carry on but it will take loads of time and I suggest piushing for a small thing at a time first :)

~Doodle
SilverKnight likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Ex-Battle Palace Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:08 pm

~Bloom wrote:
~Cheshire wrote:I love the people that picked "No, explain." Then didn't explain.

That's cause they have to explain why. We ain't super-robots typing 1000 words a minute lol.

~Doodle
SilverKnight likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

Founder of Cape Coral!

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Postby Endershack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 pm

This is a great suggestion, 100% support I'd love to help make this work. I personally think there should be 6 countries but no more as it would get watered down back into cities. One problem we have to compromise on is dividing the map into sections which will be difficult as 3 government cities are neighboring cities (C,VC,SC). Ashford, Solaris, and Montego Bay are in the same regions and being grouped into the same country, as well as VC being their gov city/capital will make them the most powerful country by large proportion.

_DJDoodle_ wrote:Like, as much as this would be cool, I personally think that it would be far to much work and it it basically re-desiging the server.
HelloMiners seems to only improve and move forward, not go back and fix previous errors made like when it was set up.
I agree with the passports and u kind of have me on the warp side, only just tho, but it would mean basically replacing the travel system and no matter how much he u try, not everyone will like lots of change.
I'd love to have a working transportation system then I would support this but right now, I would take it step by step. Proper travel, proper airports and passports, then removing warps apart from VC RC C and events. Set up a tp sign at /warp c and have main places such as swamp city and north city. This way it would bring value back into them and maybe revive them. From there you could carry on but it will take loads of time and I suggest piushing for a small thing at a time first :)

~Doodle

Yes, this is redesgning the server, but I believe there are enough people motivated to make this work. I've been wanting something like this on the server for a long time. Also where are all those people who play country roleplay for weeks straight? Isn't this right up your alley?
3 people like this post.
HelloMiners Tier Evaluator
Owner of Valley City Pink Stall

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Endershack wrote:This is a great suggestion, 100% support I'd love to help make this work. I personally think there should be 6 countries but no more as it would get watered down back into cities. One problem we have to compromise on is dividing the map into sections which will be difficult as 3 government cities are neighboring cities (C,VC,SC). Ashford, Solaris, and Montego Bay are in the same regions and being grouped into the same country, as well as VC being their gov city/capital will make them the most powerful country by large proportion.

_DJDoodle_ wrote:Like, as much as this would be cool, I personally think that it would be far to much work and it it basically re-desiging the server.

~Doodle

Yes, this is redesgning the server, but I believe there are enough people motivated to make this work. I've been wanting something like this on the server for a long time. Also where are all those people who play country roleplay for weeks straight? Isn't this right up your alley?

As much as id like to say it's up my alley, it isn't. I cannot do an admin/government role unless appointed it. I do think blooms idea is possible but like literally everything has to be taken slowly. Maybe we could organise a player base for this project and try make priorities over what must happen first to let the rest happen and then push for that thing. Once perfected, move on.
The idea has great potential just needs to be done slowly and properly.

~Doodle

Founder of Cape Coral!

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Postby Rock_In_Knight » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:43 pm

I agree with most of this but here are some suggestions
1- I agree and we should try to make the server more realistic and we should remove warps(except like /warp pm) and we should have a highway and railroad system linking to other city making it more realistic.
2- We should remove the map border all together this way people can explore and we aren't confined in a limited amount of space.
3- (Doubt this could be implemented)We can have states and countries. Let me explain the system I think could work: Cities can be near and their owners can decide to merge once they have a certain amount of land value and funds(Haven't thought about an estimated price) and then more cities can join and once they have enough cities(I say about 5-10 or more cities),land value, and funds could become a state and each city has a mayor that come together and hold a meeting and discuss and vote in the state. When there is enough state(About 8-15 states, land value, and funds could become a country. The country should have a president and each state sends a few people to a meeting and vote and discuss. The city tier system could be added and determine should these cities should become a state. (This is just my idea and I may over complicate things.)
4- (Goes with suggestion 3) Each state should have police officers that patrol around and look for rule breakers for said state. If a person committed a crime in that state and there is enough evidence for said crime they should be arrested and sent to jail in that country or state and stay in a cell until the punishment is lifted. (this makes things more realistic and is an alternative to a ban)
5- Citizens in a state or country should be involved and vote to change or stop change.
Other than that I like that there should be a capitol city and each country could have there own currency, people can have passports, actual Olympics and funding. ( sorry if this long you can change or modify my ideas.)

But if we are going to do change it should be rolled out slowly because to much change can be bad.
Last edited by Rock_In_Knight on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
littleern1 likes this post.

Postby sgtsurfinbyrd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:51 pm

~Bloom wrote:

That is because writing a complete counter-argument can take time. Its a long suggestion, a lot of points were made. So a counter-argument can take time to write up.
2 people like this post.

Next