Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [Discussion] Two Plugin Idea

[Discussion] Two Plugin Idea

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Do you support this idea?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Yes (Both Plugins)
44%
Yes/No (Only Builder's Wand)
No votes
Yes/No (Only Transport Pipes)
40%
No (Neither; explain why)
16%

Total votes : 25

[Discussion] Two Plugin Idea

Postby ~Maki » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Discuss down below along with voting in the poll.

If you vote no, actually be useful and contribute valuable criticism

Link to suggestion topic: viewtopic.php?f=299&t=30590
Last edited by ~Maki on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ImWithBeta

Quil Family Reunion!

Re: [Discussion] Two Plugin Idea

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Already been said no plugins will be added until 1.13, after that I would love to see this on the server, especially transport pipes
2 people like this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby ~Maki » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:Already been said no plugins will be added until 1.13, after that I would love to see this on the server, especially transport pipes

Oh I know, the reason I suggested these now, are these are actively supported plugins which will no doubt update to 1.13
#ImWithBeta

Quil Family Reunion!

Postby Zyra_bot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 pm

not a fan on the builders one as it would making building easier which would lower prices for builders and designers (one of the very few industries in where you can make decent money from without grinding.) But the transport one seems okie.
7 people like this post.

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Zyra_bot wrote:not a fan on the builders one as it would making building easier which would lower prices for builders and designers (one of the very few industries in where you can make decent money from without grinding.) But the transport one seems okie.

Not really designers but ye I see the builders thing.
3 people like this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby ~Ryan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Zyra_bot wrote:not a fan on the builders one as it would making building easier which would lower prices for builders and designers (one of the very few industries in where you can make decent money from without grinding.) But the transport one seems okie.

I agree with Zyra, my issue is with the builder's wand. We have companies that specialize in building buildings for players, with this tool, that sector of the economy my suffer.

On a related note, I love the idea of the transport pipes! But yeah, the plan was not to install until after 1.13 for two reasons. To make sure it is updated and supported with 1.13 on the developer's end, and the more plugins we have to update, the longer it will take to restart after the server updates to 1.13.
3 people like this post.
Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole.

Hellominers' Discord Link: https://discord.gg/baGBVNS

Trial-Moderator
President of Ashford
Co-Owner of R & D
Networth: ~150k

Postby ~Maki » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:33 pm

~Ryan wrote:

I agree with Zyra, my issue is with the builder's wand. We have companies that specialize in building buildings for players, with this tool, that sector of the economy my suffer.

On a related note, I love the idea of the transport pipes! But yeah, the plan was not to install until after 1.13 for two reasons. To make sure it is updated and supported with 1.13 on the developer's end, and the more plugins we have to update, the longer it will take to restart after the server updates to 1.13.

That is a valid concern, but keep in mind it allows building to be done faster which means more contracts can be taken which in turn negates that downside, also durability, crafting recipes and amount of blocks placed should be able to be changed which will lessen the effect. Designing will see no effect since the wand will have no use in that. Personally, I see the wand as a great benefit to the economy as it allows players to build more complex structures easier and more efficiently which will benefit the economy and greatly enhance the look of the server. It also allows expansions of industries like building (since it can be done faster and more efficiently, farm building (Guardians, Job Centers) and terraforming since larger areas of destroyed land can be overhauled a lot easier which will benefit both players and the government, it will also open the door for players to design higher quality cities along with the map-art industry seeing a massive benefit. As you can see it may slightly hurt construction, but it will see benefits too along with several other industries receiving massive benefits that will increase the profit made for them and greatly benefit the economy.
Endershack likes this post.
#ImWithBeta

Quil Family Reunion!

Postby TrumpVoter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:18 pm

~Ryan wrote:

Well, if builders become cheaper, people will most likely want even larger buildings since more can be fit into their budget. The costs would even out in the end. Not to mention that more people would use building services if they were cheaper.
3 people like this post.
Owner and CEO of TamarackEnterprises.

HelloMiners
City Evaluator.

Postby Zyra_bot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:36 pm

~Maki wrote:
~Ryan wrote:

That is a valid concern, but keep in mind it allows building to be done faster which means more contracts can be taken which in turn negates that downside, also durability, crafting recipes and amount of blocks placed should be able to be changed which will lessen the effect. Designing will see no effect since the wand will have no use in that. Personally, I see the wand as a great benefit to the economy as it allows players to build more complex structures easier and more efficiently which will benefit the economy and greatly enhance the look of the server. It also allows expansions of industries like building (since it can be done faster and more efficiently, farm building (Guardians, Job Centers) and terraforming since larger areas of destroyed land can be overhauled a lot easier which will benefit both players and the government, it will also open the door for players to design higher quality cities along with the map-art industry seeing a massive benefit. As you can see it may slightly hurt construction, but it will see benefits too along with several other industries receiving massive benefits that will increase the profit made for them and greatly benefit the economy.

More contracts can be done yes but when more people become builders because its easier and faster, than all those contracts will be more dispersed and less concreated to the existing companies which in theory negates the benefits of the tool and the "speed." Moreover, if its faster than everybody is completing their contracts faster, which is great for irl but on hm there are only so many contracts given at a time due to the small population of the server, therefore, making most contracts completed with no 'new contracts' to refill them. Accompany that with the fact that hm is an economy server so most players will consider time over cost when hiring a builder. If they can do it fast themselves then you wouldn't need to even consider getting a builder for those big complicated builds, therefore, reducing the demand for builders even more while supply is up. Furthermore players this will encourage more players do to copy large structures from maps or youtube previously seen impossible due to their scale. Yes it will make the server more "pretty" but it will damage designers as players will be more inclined to get professional mc players works rather than hiring a designer to do make one for them so yes it can potentially hurt designers aswell. It would also make hm feel less orginial as a large majority of builds will be from online rather than the community. I personally don't wish to see this plugin added as its benefits dont outway the negatives and could be detrimental to the security of the construction and possibly designing industries

Postby Zyra_bot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm

TrumpVoter wrote:
~Ryan wrote:

Well, if builders become cheaper, people will most likely want even larger buildings since more can be fit into their budget. The costs would even out in the end. Not to mention that more people would use building services if they were cheaper.

There are currently over 100 players with more than 100k in their bank not even including assets or banks notes. Players don't hirer builders because they are "too expensive" because people on the server have the money its just they don't want to spend it as they want to get to the top of the baltop or be relatively high. Spending money on any service to many seems a waste and making it easier to build things yourselves would ultimately mean that many people wouldn't even consider hiring a builder no matter how cheap they are, I know I wouldn't when it would be that easy for me to build something of such a large scale. Additionally terraforming land flat for many new players is a side job and with this plugin, you can efficiently say goodbye to that as well.

Next