Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [Suggestion] Renovating/changing /warp jobs

[Suggestion] Renovating/changing /warp jobs

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Do you agree?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 18

[Suggestion] Renovating/changing /warp jobs

Postby Dylad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 am

Hello everyone,
After many cries for a new job center, it is clear that it is a dead and no good place for a new player to start that often holds the danger of a new player leaving due to the confusion that the place holds. For instance, many of the players that have rented stalls out for a while have been offline for months as well as some job centers not even existing anymore. It's a place plagued with inactivity and poor management and rules while it should be the most important place for a new player to start.
I am suggesting to hold a design competition with a prize of 20,000 forsals while the government hires players to build the new job center to create temporary jobs. The new job center would include,
-Modern design/business tutorial (what your business can sell/service, how to advertise, etc)
-Larger stalls large enough to fit a nether portal to the job center and the job center only (no more of new players being confused by the directions)
-Job center requirements (The player must not be inactive for more than a month to continue holding the stall there, the job center must have reasonable prices, the job center must function correctly). This will be checked monthly by hired job center managers, a job not requiring extensive activity. If the rules are not followed upon, the stall can be evicted from the renter for inactivity, or eyesored with 1 week to fix the issue with a mailing requirement, similar to how cities work.

Overall, this can act as a secondary job tutorial and job center hub.
EDIT: I am also suggesting that the hellominers.com/jobs link to be automatically broadcasted by the server every 5 minutes as the link goes to multiple job openings that new players can take. This will help lower/eliminate the constant "I need a job" in chat and the early leave of new players.
It's a short one,
Thanks!
4 people like this post.
HelloMiners Introduction Manager
=======================================================================================
Networth - 400k
Owner Of- Prism Builders LLC
Owner Of- The Prism Journal-Your #1 News Source!

Re: [Suggestion] Renovating/changing /warp jobs

Postby Dylad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Bump
=======================================================================================
Networth - 400k

Postby clexar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 pm

i think this would be great! i'd love to help out with this - i'll for sure bump it in the staff chat. it would definitely help with players asking over and over in chat for jobs, and then leaving bc of no steady way to make money :)
4 people like this post.

Postby Dylad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:25 pm

clexar wrote:i think this would be great! i'd love to help out with this - i'll for sure bump it in the staff chat. it would definitely help with players asking over and over in chat for jobs, and then leaving bc of no steady way to make money :)

I literally have to tell the helpers that work for me to tell her players that going to the pm to start is the best option due to /warp jobs being so bad.
clexar likes this post.
Networth - 400k

Postby clexar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Dylad wrote:
clexar wrote:i think this would be great! i'd love to help out with this - i'll for sure bump it in the staff chat. it would definitely help with players asking over and over in chat for jobs, and then leaving bc of no steady way to make money :)

I literally have to tell the helpers that work for me to tell her players that going to the pm to start is the best option due to /warp jobs being so bad.

lol when i was new i tried the job center so many times but could never figure it out and it just wasn't very appealing
Dylad likes this post.

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:42 pm

I like this idea. And I think it should be more of a secondary tutorial that we can implement along side government city job center districts. In the warp jobs we can have players rent stalls and also have an additional job tutorial there, then we can setup plots in government cities that get auctioned off to players so they can build their own job centers. It could also remove the need for auto farms under government plots due to players having easy access to the job centers and the owners can stock their government city shops quicker due to having a job center near by.
Dylad likes this post.
Mob maker since October 2017

Postby MisterJ575 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 am

Yeah lol. I show the new players /warp jobs just to tell them not to go there. :lol:
Dylad likes this post.

Postby Dylad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Bump!
Would like to see a verdict very soon on a possible plan/competition for designing and a team of players who can be hired to manage this process!
Networth - 400k

Postby clexar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:05 pm

since missile and zac are working on another project slightly like this, we're waiting to see how that would impact a new job center or how they can work together. once we figure out how everything is going to work we can start to set things into motion!
Dylad likes this post.

Postby MissileGamer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:04 am

Nice to see you ended up posting the topic after we discussed it on the server.
As you know, I have disliked /warp jobs for a long time now and seen absolutely no point in it as it stands because it achieves nothing in helping players get jobs, understand how to start companies on the server, how to work for people etc

Similar to you, I've been having to tell players to mine cobble at PM and sell it to the government for money. What kind of job is that? I don't know any new players who will find this "fun" gameplay wise. The suggestions you made for the area sound good and I like how you've suggested that we hold a building competition for it (hence allowing the community to take apart in this).

Perhaps most importantly, is making sure this new warp jobs helps players understand the economy on HelloMiners, how to get a job, how to start a company etc. In a mini-tutorial style, similar to that of /warp HelpHub (that place is also due for renovation). This area should walk through the players on how to do all of this in an engaging way.

I don't see these things mixing wrongly with anything the government is currently working on and I think this will be really beneficial for the player base overall. I'll be putting Clexar and Cedricko_21 in charge of this project as they've both showed interest and offered to help. I'll discuss this with them and see how they plan to manage the project overall and what directions they take. I look forward to seeing what they produce and seeing a better /warp jobs for all HelloMiners.
Thank you.
5 people like this post.

Work for a cause, not for applause.

Live life to express, not to impress.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed,
just your absence felt.

Next