Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Other How cool is that - ABOD


How cool is that - ABOD

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, you can post it here.

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby Dylad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Somfic wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:I don’t recall offering a bribe to ever be a bannable offense?


First time for everything.

*gives 10F*
CORRUPTION, NEW WORLD ORDER!
https://youtu.be/KTqTiW55-aM

I disagree with everything Alex Jones ever says and know he is mentally ill, but I cannot help but laugh at the stupidity of him screaming corruption all day long. He is a terrible human being too, so I am not a crazy conspiracy theorist. Think of this as the small notes under drug ads.
Tunnel likes this post.
Aloha.

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby Somfic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:22 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:
Somfic wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:I don’t recall offering a bribe to ever be a bannable offense?


First time for everything.


But where is that listed in the rules?


We obviously cannot list every possible offense and punishment in the rules, so sometimes we have to make up our own for a specific case. The current administration team determined that Abod should be punished for his bribe attempt, so it was added to his already rather long ban.
3 people like this post.
*not an actual mod anymore*

Image

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby SpartanPride7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Somfic wrote:
We obviously cannot list every possible offense and punishment in the rules, so sometimes we have to make up our own for a specific case. The current administration team determined that Abod should be punished for his bribe attempt, so it was added to his already rather long ban.


Having ban a staff member before, we encountered things where people tried to bribe a staff member. However, what harm is done by that bribe? Nothing.

No harm is done by a player trying to bribe a staff member. Unless, of course, the staff member acts on that bribe. Now, did this player try to bribe a staff member or a player? If it was a player, I can imagine the case being different as players don’t follow staff guidelines and therefore a bribe would do much more damage.

If you look at previous cases, like where a player tried to bribe a staff with real life money to be unbanned, players who try to bribe a mod is not punished more.

When you described that not every offense is listed in the rules, it sounds a lot like you are using the common sense rule as validation for this players ban. If we look at the common sense rule;

If there is anything that is not included in these rules, that gives someone an unfair advantage or damages the server or other players, ask the staff if it is allowed or not. We expect people to be able to understand when something they want to do is in the 'grey zone'. When in doubt, always consult a staffmember. If staffmember tells someone to do something, failing to do so will be seen as rule-breaking. If you don't agree with something a staffmember says, post it on the forums. If you're aware of another player breaking the rules, also report it to a staffmember immediately. A serious attempt at doing something that would break a rule is treated as breaking the rule.


we will see that trying to bribe a staff member would not be included. This is because it does not provide anyone an unfair advantage. Anyone can try to bribe staff; however, staff will never take a bribe. Since staff don’t take bribes, worrying about people bribing a staff member is not needed.

I see that this sounds very iroinic seeing as I “took a bribe” from tunnel :P. In fact, she was already let back into staff before she “bribed me”. That bribe was just a joke we pulled to make it seem like she bought her way back...don’t take it seriously :).
9 people like this post.
"'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now,
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe, just breathe."

I'm always open to chat with anyone who needs help or just wants a conversation. If anyone needs to talk, Discord me SpartanPride7#5210 . I check daily :)

Image

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby Cheerios32 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:
Somfic wrote:
We obviously cannot list every possible offense and punishment in the rules, so sometimes we have to make up our own for a specific case. The current administration team determined that Abod should be punished for his bribe attempt, so it was added to his already rather long ban.


Having ban a staff member before, we encountered things where people tried to bribe a staff member. However, what harm is done by that bribe? Nothing.

No harm is done by a player trying to bribe a staff member. Unless, of course, the staff member acts on that bribe. Now, did this player try to bribe a staff member or a player? If it was a player, I can imagine the case being different as players don’t follow staff guidelines and therefore a bribe would do much more damage.

If you look at previous cases, like where a player tried to bribe a staff with real life money to be unbanned, players who try to bribe a mod is not punished more.

When you described that not every offense is listed in the rules, it sounds a lot like you are using the common sense rule as validation for this players ban. If we look at the common sense rule;

If there is anything that is not included in these rules, that gives someone an unfair advantage or damages the server or other players, ask the staff if it is allowed or not. We expect people to be able to understand when something they want to do is in the 'grey zone'. When in doubt, always consult a staffmember. If staffmember tells someone to do something, failing to do so will be seen as rule-breaking. If you don't agree with something a staffmember says, post it on the forums. If you're aware of another player breaking the rules, also report it to a staffmember immediately. A serious attempt at doing something that would break a rule is treated as breaking the rule.


we will see that trying to bribe a staff member would not be included. This is because it does not provide anyone an unfair advantage. Anyone can try to bribe staff; however, staff will never take a bribe. Since staff don’t take bribes, worrying about people bribing a staff member is not needed.

I see that this sounds very iroinic seeing as I “took a bribe” from tunnel :P. In fact, she was already let back into staff before she “bribed me”. That bribe was just a joke we pulled to make it seem like she bought her way back...don’t take it seriously :).


Your point is very valid :)

However you forget one thing: their ban is already so large that 14 days makes no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. If it cheers you up, I could probably talk to the admins about reducing Abod's ban by a whole 2.8% of the total time to just 486 days (1 year 4 months).
~Manosxatz likes this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

Image

To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby SpartanPride7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Well when the player is on day 411 of the ban, those 2 weeks will mean a lot. While it may seem of little importance when the number is so large like it is now, it will matter a lot to that player when there is 14 more days they have to serve because of a unjust rule. It’s doesnt please me if the ban is shorten; it’s just the fact that this practice is in existence at all.
9 people like this post.
"'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now,
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe, just breathe."

I'm always open to chat with anyone who needs help or just wants a conversation. If anyone needs to talk, Discord me SpartanPride7#5210 . I check daily :)

Image

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby Iuoae » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 pm

abod311311 wrote:
Screenshot (35).png
How cool this photo is


Ik that you're upset about your ban but don't worry dude, there are plenty of servers and other things you can do.

Just put this behind you and move on positively, I'm sure you can make a good contribution to the MC community in the future :)
~Manosxatz likes this post.
Iuoae - Musician | HelloMiners Entrepreneur

Co-Owner and founder of Sycamore City | CEO of HelloMiners Productions Co. | Member of the Wilderness Preservation Dept. Management Team | Official HM Player Helper

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Net worth 1mil - Currently active

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:36 am

Trust me, 14 days mean a lot. Personally me being banned for around 1.5 years total it does matter. I am afraid I have to 100% agree with Spart on this. You can't ban somebody for something that isn't in the rules.
~Manosxatz likes this post.
80% Owner and Founder of GBS.
Player since 2013.
Net worth: 550k
Minecraft account: Forsals
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:40 am

I feel for this guy. If I had the option I would pay for what he did. Me and many other people made this same mistake but yet he got a way longer ban for so many multipliers on his ban. In reality he deserves a 90 day ban with a 90 day probation period. I am telling you from personally experience banning people for long times does not make them change. He wasn't aware of the alt rule then said he wouldn't use it after. He obviously did know about the abod and zack account and the scamming but that is all he really knew/did from my perspective. But knowing how stubborn staff are he will not be unbanned most likely insta denied. #HMREPUBLIC
~Manosxatz likes this post.
80% Owner and Founder of GBS.
Player since 2013.
Net worth: 550k
Minecraft account: Forsals
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:41 am

SpartanPride7 wrote:Well when the player is on day 411 of the ban, those 2 weeks will mean a lot. While it may seem of little importance when the number is so large like it is now, it will matter a lot to that player when there is 14 more days they have to serve because of a unjust rule. It’s doesnt please me if the ban is shorten; it’s just the fact that this practice is in existence at all.


Finally there is an ex-staff that actually can see the un-just nature in the rules sometimes.
80% Owner and Founder of GBS.
Player since 2013.
Net worth: 550k
Minecraft account: Forsals
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Re: How cool is that - ABOD

Postby clexar » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:00 am

Nova wrote:I feel for this guy. If I had the option I would pay for what he did. Me and many other people made this same mistake but yet he got a way longer ban for so many multipliers on his ban. In reality he deserves a 90 day ban with a 90 day probation period. I am telling you from personally experience banning people for long times does not make them change. He wasn't aware of the alt rule then said he wouldn't use it after. He obviously did know about the abod and zack account and the scamming but that is all he really knew/did from my perspective. But knowing how stubborn staff are he will not be unbanned most likely insta denied. #HMREPUBLIC

after joining with an alt and being banned for it, you'd think he would learn, but no, he continued to join with alts and lie to staff about it, only admitting it after time was added to the punishment. to address the part about not learning from a longer ban, the hope is that he will mature enough to know not to do these things again. i see where you're coming from and it does look like a long ban but all the factors and time came straight from the rules (except the bribing part, which i'm not sure about and will have to talk to staff for the reasoning behind its addition to the ban time). the point of having the rules for everyone to see is so players can familiarize themselves with them so there is no "i didn't know."
Last edited by clexar on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 people like this post.

PreviousNext