Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Thanks for fixing VC!

Thanks for fixing VC!

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Thanks for fixing VC!

Postby FMDIAMOND » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:11 am

what is this big ugly building in the middle of vc?!?!? why are the stalls removed! what astounds me the most is that there was never meant to be a building there ever, there was support to be a park, which is why the VC stalls were implemented there, as a fun way of selling things with minimal impact on the front row buildings keeping their value and keeping the park. now those building are worth absolute shit, and why you ask!? because some smart person replaced 24 good stalls with 4 shitty shops even though almost every player opposed it, like why the hell would you remove a working system of shops to only kill a city and make 4 shops that only the richest can own. With the VC stalls players who didn't have 800,000F could have a little part of the front row market, it made VC alive and popular. now it is dead due to this monstrosity of a 'building'.

if you want to fix I say don't remove things that make people active.
Last edited by FMDIAMOND on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 people like this post.
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Re: Thanks for ruining VC!

Postby Amoni » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 am

1) They were outdated and this was very clear from doing the evictions, nearly all stalls were instantly able to be evicted.

2) If players accurately and actively advertise their stores then it can be very lucrative and very good for VC

3) people opposed to the building as they misunderstood its purpose, but values have clearly remained at a v high level showing there is a considerate interest in it
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Postby Senjara » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:22 am

honestly gotta say i miss the stalls too, they were a convenient, aesthetic and fun way of buying things quickly and didn’t take away from the overall look of vc. The new building just distracts from the front row and i’m not really a fan of it.
10 people like this post.
Co-owner of Ocelot City and Crystal Bay Council Member

Postby TLG_lost » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:39 am

The new big thing in the middle of vc I own one of the stalls and rarely make sales like 1-3 ever week at most and I advertise almost every day, if those old stalls were brought back and i was refunded/got a free stall It would be very good for business :D
4 people like this post.
The best weaboo on the server
True Meme Lord

Postby ~Arctic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:31 pm

The whole building is an eyesore, it's dreadful. Just make it a park
6 people like this post.
<Mypuppyrue> reyt nice they ar
<~Arctic> aye
<Mypuppyrue> i dint ask ow u was
<~Arctic> them reilways ar reyt nice ar they
<Mypuppyrue> they are
<~Arctic> yeh get whattamean?
<Mypuppyrue> i get whatyamean
<~Arctic> ah gud
<Mypuppyrue> do tha lot get what us mean
<Trial-Mod ~Ash> my brain hurts

Postby ViHQ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:52 pm

The VC Skyline has been completely ruined by the building - it's not an ugly building and I like the design a lot - but overall, Valley City's aesthetic, purpose, and skyline have been ruined. Iconic buildings hidden from sight
10 people like this post.
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Postby Zyra_bot » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:46 pm

not a bad building but its architectually disruptive and damages the surrondings. It has killed the major attraction to vc which where the stalls. The stalls should of got landmark status like the rc tower does. It should be protected in some form way. Personally (and I think im talking for a lot of ppl here) it would be so GREAT if they brought back the vc stalls
2 people like this post.

Postby ~Headsup » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 pm

I agree with everyone, the building looks nice but it simply shouldn't be there. The problem to me is that when you warp there all that you see are large buildings on all 4 sides, right there next to the warp. The whole city now seems more cramped because of this.
Zyra_bot likes this post.
Headsup46 - HM player since October 2015

Founder and Co-owner of Torched

Net worth of 300k+

NOTE: Returned from yearlong inactivity July 17, 2019. https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=34878

[+] The Perfect Song for Hard Times
Always know that everything will get better with time. Stay positive and stay strong! :)

Postby ~Max » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:24 pm

whoever designed that shitty weird building Is a terrible designer...
~Arctic likes this post.
Sas Fried Chicken- Helper Chicken

Postby FMDIAMOND » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:59 pm

I really hope we can have our precious stalls back. They were amazing, it was like a mini RC exept people could afford stalls. Because these 24 stalls were a reason for 24 people to be active. And just because amoni is mayor doesn’t mean he has the power of Vito, it should of been a whole community decision, even that, like Zara said it should of been landmarked.
2 people like this post.
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Next