Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Other Hellominers:

Hellominers:

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, you can post it here.

Hellominers:

Postby ~Ryan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:35 pm

Hello,

Currently, our server is facing some of the worst issues it (arguably) has ever faced in its existence. We are all aware of the lack of active players and staff, along with the growing disconnect between players and staff. Personally, seeing the server in this state is very distressing, as I, along with others, have enjoyed this server for years. And with that came active staff and a very active players base (remember summer 2016?)

At the very core, I think this is something we all can agree on. And something we all want to change.

I am writing this topic in hopes of spurring some healthy conversation about changes we would like to see within the server. Some topics I have heard frequently from others include the following:

1) The addition of more active staff members: the lack of staff members on at any given time, in my opinion, is kind of appalling considering in order to do many things the help of a staff member is required. This is something that most definitely should be changed.

2) The lack of reasons to stay: This is a very large issue with many contributing factors. Ultimately, there are not many reasons to stay because of the lack of players, and automation of many jobs available to players. I used to join due to having friends on the server who I enjoyed talking to. In addition to that, there were many events and such taking place on the server which piqued my interest and kept me playing.

3) The staff/player disconnect: It would be impossible to write this topic without acknowledging the growing discconect between players and staff. While it is a heated topic, it is something that needs to be acknowledged and discussed.

I want all of you to put in your input in ways to make the server better, and then, on the flip end, reasons why you aren't looking forward to playing as much as you used to.

My #1 rule with this will be no arguing. There is enough argument on many other posts that I ask we keep it there. Please be respectful of others opinions and at the core understand we kind of all want the same thing.
4 people like this post.
Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole.

Discord Tag: ~Ryan#0034

Networth: ~250k

Re: Hellominers:

Postby SidedSuns » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:22 am

I agree with the fact you have that if you want to make money, a lot of the times you must make auto and semi-auto jobs. So many jobs aren't available to players due to this. You have to start a company to make good money, and fewer jobs are being distributed due to that.
~Ryan likes this post.
Assembly member of Ancient Greece.
Almost 2 years on the server
iCentiPay executive
Made HelloMiners 1st ever bus station: SunBus
:D

Postby ~Ryan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:33 am

Again, I would like to highlight one idea of mine:
~Ryan wrote:Private cities, as we know, have been (for the most part) dying for a long time. I have hardly heard many people talk about private cities in the few days that I have been back. So that leads us to wonder how we can alleviate this issue. Now I can not take complete credit for this idea as I remember discussing it with someone awhile back, but I still thought I should suggest it as I would love to see it implemented.

When a new player joins the server, they go through the tutorial, and then they spawn at Helloclan City. It has been this way for years and years, but I think it is time to change. This suggestion I am about to introduce easily works with the teleport signs we have. I suggest that we allow players to choose the private city they would like to start out in. After the tutorial, I suggest players are teleported to a room where they can choose the private city to start their HM life in.

As Dylad explained to me, he doesn't believe that this should be a tier reward as I previously thought it should have been. This being because then the larger cities will continue to thrive, and the smaller cities will continue to fall victim to the lack of market. I do believe, however, there should be a few requirements in order to be granted access to this feature, those of which I am not entirely sure

The New Government Department:
In order to ensure that the cities being allowed in this suggestion are suitable, I suggest a new department is implemented into the HM Government. I have not thought of a name for this, so I will just explain what they do. This new department would take applications from private cities, examine the applications, and then examine the cities. If they deem the city to be acceptable and passes the aforementioned requirements, they then can approve the city and pass it along HM Staff as to get the sign implemented. In order to get through cities more efficiently, I suggest that this department be composed of four trustworthy individuals who the staff agrees on hiring.

Overall, I believe this idea would greatly impact the Private City sector of the economy for the better. Thanks for reading the lengthy topic.
Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole.

Discord Tag: ~Ryan#0034

Networth: ~250k

Postby FMDIAMOND » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 am

~Ryan wrote:Again, I would like to highlight one idea of mine:
~Ryan wrote:Private cities, as we know, have been (for the most part) dying for a long time. I have hardly heard many people talk about private cities in the few days that I have been back. So that leads us to wonder how we can alleviate this issue. Now I can not take complete credit for this idea as I remember discussing it with someone awhile back, but I still thought I should suggest it as I would love to see it implemented.

When a new player joins the server, they go through the tutorial, and then they spawn at Helloclan City. It has been this way for years and years, but I think it is time to change. This suggestion I am about to introduce easily works with the teleport signs we have. I suggest that we allow players to choose the private city they would like to start out in. After the tutorial, I suggest players are teleported to a room where they can choose the private city to start their HM life in.

As Dylad explained to me, he doesn't believe that this should be a tier reward as I previously thought it should have been. This being because then the larger cities will continue to thrive, and the smaller cities will continue to fall victim to the lack of market. I do believe, however, there should be a few requirements in order to be granted access to this feature, those of which I am not entirely sure

The New Government Department:
In order to ensure that the cities being allowed in this suggestion are suitable, I suggest a new department is implemented into the HM Government. I have not thought of a name for this, so I will just explain what they do. This new department would take applications from private cities, examine the applications, and then examine the cities. If they deem the city to be acceptable and passes the aforementioned requirements, they then can approve the city and pass it along HM Staff as to get the sign implemented. In order to get through cities more efficiently, I suggest that this department be composed of four trustworthy individuals who the staff agrees on hiring.

Overall, I believe this idea would greatly impact the Private City sector of the economy for the better. Thanks for reading the lengthy topic.

I wouldn’t say gov cities thrive, my front row north city warp plot gets like 5 sales a week, I’d say rc front row and second row and maybe cv front row, I must say the removal of the vc stalls is one of the factors of the state of the economy and a key example of exemplary staffing.
2 people like this post.
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby Egor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:36 am

As I have been here for nearly 3 years, I feel like I deserve to say something.

In my opinion, it’s not the staff’s fault (although some are inactive but that doesn’t change the server’s popularity) for the lack of progress on the server’s situation, nor is it the toxic players, but it’s the lack of updates, and guess who are the only people who can solve that...

It is quite obvious that the current staff team cannot do anything not because they are lazy or just don’t want to, but because of the inactivity of SK and Tedde.

Which brings me onto my next point, we can’t just sit on our asses expecting staff to do something, we have to do something ourselves. Therefore, I propose messaging Tedde on Instagram or Twitter, so that he finally notices us, and just takes the 2 minutes of his life to transfer us the login details, since this server still has a chance to thrive...
~Ryan likes this post.

Postby Cheerios32 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:57 am

Egor wrote:As I have been here for nearly 3 years, I feel like I deserve to say something.

In my opinion, it’s not the staff’s fault (although some are inactive but that doesn’t change the server’s popularity) for the lack of progress on the server’s situation, nor is it the toxic players, but it’s the lack of updates, and guess who are the only people who can solve that...

It is quite obvious that the current staff team cannot do anything not because they are lazy or just don’t want to, but because of the inactivity of SK and Tedde.

Which brings me onto my next point, we can’t just sit on our asses expecting staff to do something, we have to do something ourselves. Therefore, I propose messaging Tedde on Instagram or Twitter, so that he finally notices us, and just takes the 2 minutes of his life to transfer us the login details, since this server still has a chance to thrive...

We've got contact with Tedde that is as active as we can reasonably expect, but not SK which is an issue.
~Ryan likes this post.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby Egor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:
Egor wrote:As I have been here for nearly 3 years, I feel like I deserve to say something.

We've got contact with Tedde that is as active as we can reasonably expect, but not SK which is an issue.

Can Tedde not provide the details?
Last edited by Egor on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ~ManoMan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Being a member of the server since summer 2016 , i know that there are many ppl that have joined before me , but in these 3 years that i have been on HM , ive lived so much . From the server being top to the server being rock bottom. I agree with the perspectives that ryan is setting , most of them if not all of them in my opinion are true. A thing that you didnt mention is also the community. HM isnt a family anymore and that is a big issue. It has become just like irl. PROFIT . The community is very hard on new players . We have to be united when the server's in crisis. Why cant this happen?
~Ryan likes this post.
I came,i learned,i saw. Forever grateful<3

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Egor wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:

Can Tedde not provide the details?

Tedde created a team to take care of the server. Currently he is setting up all of us on the team with full access accounts. Once he is done with that, we will be able to clear up most if not all issues the server is having currently. And will be able to handle most things without Tedde.
~Ryan likes this post.

Postby Egor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:46 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:Tedde created a team to take care of the server. Currently he is setting up all of us on the team with full access accounts. Once he is done with that, we will be able to clear up most if not all issues the server is having currently. And will be able to handle most things without Tedde.

Thats great, any idea on the progress he's done so far or how close it is to being done?
2 people like this post.

Next