Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Hello Miners is Failing.

Hello Miners is Failing.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:57 am

I am making this topic to share why I think Hello Miners is failing.

Lets put this into perspective. Currently there are 3484 bans. At the start of 2017 there was 592 bans. Over the course of five years only 592 people were banned yet in two and a half they have banned nearly 2900 even with player numbers decreasing? I truly believe 2017 is where Hello Miners started to fail and I'll give a few reasons why.

Mid 2017 was the last time Hello Miners had any plugins updated. It has been two years since any plugin updates have happened. This isn't just by chance either. Mid 2017 is when SK moved on. This left only one active person with permission of the backend of the server and website. There is a reason the website hasn't been updated since December of 2017.

Tedde, SK, Arctic, and one other person who wont be named were the only people who ever had full access to the backend. With Arctic locked out of console and the inability to log onto the server he is powerless. All of HM is resting on the shoulders of a dictator staff team with dictator admins who have removed all the former admins who made the server great.

Tedde's vision for the server is now gone, ranks like sr-mod and player-helper have been added. Old admins demoted, other admins like Beta and Freshblood have been denied when they have offered to come back. It's crazy.

Despite my disagreements with staff this goes beyond that. The old players do not like how things are being ran and that's a fact. Though a lot of the more active old players don't share it they have issues with how things are handled. The server is essentially ran by an immature 14 year old, an sjw 17 year old, and a power hungry 30 year old. I'm getting pretty tired of it.

Seems like staff don't enjoy criticism so if my thread is taken down and I am banned you will know why.

Though you may not like the facts here they are:

SK is never coming back.
The server will never update past 1.12.
Players will leave as they already are (player amounts have been declining since 2017, even the minecraft resurgence didn't bring any back)
The website will never be updated and will eventually no longer work.
Website ranks can never be updated.
The server will shut down in a few years.

Edit:
I also failed to mention the people they are making staff. In my opinion these people who just joined like 8 months ago should not get staff, they haven't had a long enough period to show they are mature enough. In my opinion staff should be the old players who have seen the changes that the server has gone through. Also in my opinion we shouldn't be giving people elevated console access who just joined the server in early 2017. That's just dumb.
Last edited by hmslanders on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 people like this post.

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby BllurryFace » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:06 am

That's really hard to hear but we still have to accept the fact that it is true
2 people like this post.

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:11 am

BllurryFace wrote:That's really hard to hear but we still have to accept the fact that it is true

I'm sorry that you didn't get to experience the server when it was in it's prime. I'm sure you would have enjoyed it a lot more.

All I can say is don't start issues with staff, it will never end well for you or anyone.
3 people like this post.

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:16 am

Another thing that blows me away is the only 2014 staff still here are Chris, Marc, and Arctic.

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:25 am

Another thing that can be added to my list is the fact that my ban has been up for two and a half months and they refuse to un-ban me citing I evaded yet there is no ban topic? I have been banned for 13 months now and it's ridiculous. There is no where in the rules where it states a timed ban should be set permanently on the server side and then refuse to un-ban them after their time is up. It literally states no where that this is allowed.
Lin likes this post.

Postby StickMan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:26 am

:|
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2015

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: StickMan#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Postby OmnieDD » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:12 am

I’d honestly give hellominers until December before our average players online is around 1 to 2 people. It kinda sucks that people have spent so much time on building things like cities and factories, only for them to be forgotten once the server completely dies. HM had a good run tho :p
6 people like this post.
Mayor of Silver Lake
CEO of Omnie Inc. Retail
Co-Owner of Stellar Apartments and Shops

Postby supermagicalplay » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 am

Most of the bans are alt bans.

It is agreed that HelloMiners is failing.

It's also agreed that there are corrupt, immature staff. I'm not going to name them, but they should know who they are.

Players have grown increasingly "toxic" as well.

At the time of writing, there is 1 player online.

This is the last chance for staff to step it up, before this server dies completely.

The first thing to do is to stop banning the biggest contributors to HM's economy.

The next thing to do is to switch out corrupt, immature staff with veteran HM players, who are nice, and mature.

Then, remove "toxic" members, by muting temporarily, etc.

Let's stop worrying about adding cars. Let's start re-building HelloMiners, and improving our community.
2 people like this post.

Postby Camel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:01 am

Nova wrote:I am making this topic to share why I think Hello Miners is failing.

Lets put this into perspective. Currently there are 3484 bans. At the start of 2017 there was 592 bans. Over the course of five years only 592 people were banned yet in two and a half they have banned nearly 2900 even with player numbers decreasing? I truly believe 2017 is where Hello Miners started to fail and I'll give a few reasons why.

Mid 2017 was the last time Hello Miners had any plugins updated. It has been two years since any plugin updates have happened. This isn't just by chance either. Mid 2017 is when SK moved on. This left only one active person with permission of the backend of the server and website. There is a reason the website hasn't been updated since December of 2017.

Tedde, SK, Arctic, and one other person who wont be named were the only people who ever had full access to the backend. With Arctic locked out of console and the inability to log onto the server he is powerless. All of HM is resting on the shoulders of a dictator staff team with dictator admins who have removed all the former admins who made the server great.

Tedde's vision for the server is now gone, ranks like sr-mod and player-helper have been added. Old admins demoted, other admins like Beta and Freshblood have been denied when they have offered to come back. It's crazy.

Despite my disagreements with staff this goes beyond that. The old players do not like how things are being ran and that's a fact. Though a lot of the more active old players don't share it they have issues with how things are handled. The server is essentially ran by an immature 14 year old, an sjw 17 year old, and a power hungry 30 year old. I'm getting pretty tired of it.

Seems like staff don't enjoy criticism so if my thread is taken down and I am banned you will know why.

Though you may not like the facts here they are:

SK is never coming back.
The server will never update past 1.12.
Players will leave as they already are (player amounts have been declining since 2017, even the minecraft resurgence didn't bring any back)
The website will never be updated and will eventually no longer work.
Website ranks can never be updated.
The server will shut down in a few years.

Edit:
I also failed to mention the people they are making staff. In my opinion these people who just joined like 8 months ago should not get staff, they haven't had a long enough period to show they are mature enough. In my opinion staff should be the old players who have seen the changes that the server has gone through. Also in my opinion we shouldn't be giving people elevated console access who just joined the server in early 2017. That's just dumb.

I'm not gonna deny that hellominers has no issues however so many things are inaccurate in this post.

1. There have only been 1125 bans all time. This is based on how many ban topics there are.

2. Plugins being added and updated aren't as old as an issue or as big as an issue as you make it sound. The only issue with plugins are that ftp is needed to update all of them for the server update to 1.13 then 1.14. There also seems to be a storage issue since dynamap crashed the server when we ran it off the server storage at the most minimal settings.

3. We haven't demoted an admin since maxwalpro and that was for inactivity. No admin has been demoted for anything besides inactivity since Jcava. Also your attitude about dictator and stuff I'm not gonna go deep into since it's just a flame war but staff votes on basically every issue.

4. The beta decision is also a flame war waiting to happen but the terms beta wanted to come back on were just too short term for anything to look like it would work out. There is also more reasons on his topic that staff has listed and if you want any more info that's where you should go since I'm not gonna mention anything else.

5. Fresh blood has never been denied to rejoin the staff team (unless it was a situation long ago that I'm not aware about). He has also never asked to rejoin while I have been staff (since November 2016)

6. There is only one staff member under the age of 15 (The recommended requirement to be staff) so im not sure why you say it's being ran by 14 year olds.

7. If you have criticism or a suggestion for the server you can suggest it. As long as it isnt breaking rules you wouldn't be banned.

8. We are working with tedde to update the server and get more access. His response time is around 3 days to a week so with a couple more fixes and if everything goes right it actually wouldn't take that long to update.

9. The least server experienced admin joined early 2016 so not sure what you mean by people joining in 2017 having console. Also the newest staff member by join date joined in 2017.

Hellominers does have its issues and I agree with that point. Spreading fake lies like this only brings negativity though and that's the reason I felt I should make a response to this topic.

Without the players there would be no hellominers and no one to have fun with on a minecraft server. It hurts that we are 2 updates behind and have other issues to handle as well. Positive support is the best way for all of us to get through this time as we hope tedde can quickly resolve our issues with file access as he has been working on it for the past month. Spreading lies like this doesnt help the server at all. If you have a suggestion that you think would better the server then please suggest and and please do it in a way that wont cause a flame war. Staff is always open for suggestions and it has gotten bad since it seems there is drama these days with every suggestion. You shouldn't be scared to point out ways we can improve but also be respectful about it too. We all love the server just like you and it isnt any fun to see it like the way it is now. Things like this take time and cooperation with everyone and I thank all the people that have been patient throughout this whole process and the people who avoid unnecessary drama. Anyway again I hope you all take what I said into consideration and thank you for reading
5 people like this post.
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Postby CakeDevil275 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:08 am

Camel wrote:6. There is only one staff member under the age of 15 (The recommended requirement to be staff) so im not sure why you say it's being ran by 14 year olds.

Hello Mr Oza Pingoo

But also yeah,
Camel is right, no one want's HM to go under because everyone has spent and put in so much time and effort in to it. If you keep creating Forums like this, you aren't benefiting anyone.

Seriously Nova, what good was this post supposed to bring anyone? All you're doing is spreading negativity about HM.

That's all I have to say about that :p

-Cake :D
CakeDevil_275
Net Worth: No clue
Since Aug 2016 :D
Shop @ Blueline

[+] My long list of jobs
- CEO of iBuy (2016-2018)
- Chairman of DTR (2018-2019)
- Owner of Blueline (2019 - present)
- Player Helper (2019 - present)
- City Department Evaluator (2019 - present)
- Manager of Ferron Island (2019 - present)
- stacked X. Board Member (2019 - present)

Next