Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements [Official] Helloclan Building Rule Changes

[Official] Helloclan Building Rule Changes

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

[Official] Helloclan Building Rule Changes

Postby ashlynn_rose » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:15 am

By order of the Helloclan City Council, two new building codes are being introduced. These rules will be effective immediately for all new owners purchasing plots within city limits. For all current owners, a transition period of 2 months will be given in order to come into compliance with the first rule. Those who fail to comply will be subject to eyesore and subsequent eviction.

New Building Code:
No plot shall have devices that use redstone to produce another resource outside of the bottom 35 blocks of the plot this includes crop farms, animal farms, stone/cobblestone/obsidian farms, concrete farms, flower farms and other devices of similar functionality.

No plot shall have large scale auto-sorting devices outside the bottom 35 blocks of the plot.

All other redstone devices are permited as long as significant lag is not caused by them, this is up to the discretion of the Council. Should it be determined that the device in question is causing significant lag you may be asked to remove it.

We reserve the right to re-evaluate this list and add or remove items from the ban list at any time.

Current plot owners who have machines that they wish to transfer to new land may do so by purchasing the necessary land and contacting the HelloClan City Council for assistance in transferring their machinery.

Any building already using redstone as a decorative material in any way may keep existing structures, so long as they are not functional machinery.

Next, no new buildings constructed within city limits may use wool as an exterior building material. Existing structures built from wool will be grandfathered in, and buildings designated as historic will not be subject to this rule.

The purpose of these new building codes is to improve the quality of life for all HelloClan residents and to improve the general welfare and appearance of the community.
Last edited by ashlynn_rose on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 people like this post.
ashlynn_rose
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Staff since Jan 2019
Mayor of HelloClan City
CECO of Whole Blocks
Acting CEO of DOME Architecture
Former CEO of [Vanguard Industries]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady High Chancellor for the Kingdom of Haven
Royal Countess of Esker Falls for Paradise Hills

Re: [Official] Helloclan Building Rule Changes

Postby cmvo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:48 am

there goes like half of the reason I buy large gov plots, can’t do big auto farms anymore lol
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Postby Yootay » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 am

Before I start 'trimming down' some farms I have I would like a clarification. rule reads 35 blocks. Is it meant as 35 blocks above bedrock layer (5 blocks of bedrock would makes it y=5 to 39) OR y=0 to 34 including bedrock?

Second question: Since many city plots are own by inactive players that might have such farms is the council going to go around and remove any such machinery at END of 2 month period if the owner hasnt comeback? Might consider a 'clean up' plan if immediate eviction doesnt follow.

Thirdly: Warp rc BOTTOM layer of plots was taken away from players not long ago. this NEW rule changes things around... basically says that the bottom layer CAN be used by redstone...etc. I'm sure many people will want their basement back to bedrock level although they were compensated for the lost of space. I wouldn't mind giving that money back and gaining back my basement space even if its only for storage purpose (cough)!

On the subject of the 'no wool' rule: Is wool permitted on the inside of builds? for such things as floors or other internal elements? The fact that the server cannot handle concrete floors or inside walls on subregion boundaries for apartments at the moment is really a problem that needs fixing ASAP if modern is what the council wants...

Waiting for some decent replies from the 'council' members (not the peanut gallery).
Cheers!
6 people like this post.
ImageImage

Postby ashlynn_rose » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:31 am

Yootay wrote:Before I start 'trimming down' some farms I have I would like a clarification. rule reads 35 blocks. Is it meant as 35 blocks above bedrock layer (5 blocks of bedrock would makes it y=5 to 39) OR y=0 to 34 including bedrock?

Second question: Since many city plots are own by inactive players that might have such farms is the council going to go around and remove any such machinery at END of 2 month period if the owner hasnt comeback? Might consider a 'clean up' plan if immediate eviction doesnt follow.

Thirdly: Warp rc BOTTOM layer of plots was taken away from players not long ago. this NEW rule changes things around... basically says that the bottom layer CAN be used by redstone...etc. I'm sure many people will want their basement back to bedrock level although they were compensated for the lost of space. I wouldn't mind giving that money back and gaining back my basement space even if its only for storage purpose (cough)!

On the subject of the 'no wool' rule: Is wool permitted on the inside of builds? for such things as floors or other internal elements? The fact that the server cannot handle concrete floors or inside walls on subregion boundaries for apartments at the moment is really a problem that needs fixing ASAP if modern is what the council wants...

Waiting for some decent replies from the 'council' members (not the peanut gallery).
Cheers!

To answer your first question, the lowest blocks that are not bedrock layers, that is y 5-39...we don't count bedrock layers as usable space

As far as a "cleanup plan" it's a concept that I'd like to hear some ideas on, feel free to discord me about it.

While I cannot speak for Rodney and RC, our thought was that many shop owners would prefer storage in the immediate basement rather than underneath a bunch of redstone. Also, as the goal is lag reduction, using the bottom most space puts more distance between street and farms.

As for the wool rule, I will post an edit for clarification.

Cheers, and feel free to contact me with any questions or issues.
ashlynn_rose
Staff since Jan 2019
Mayor of HelloClan City
CECO of Whole Blocks
Acting CEO of DOME Architecture
Former CEO of [Vanguard Industries]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady High Chancellor for the Kingdom of Haven
Royal Countess of Esker Falls for Paradise Hills

Postby ~Alex » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:53 am

I did not agree to this rule when I bought my plot. I will not be agreeing to these rules unless i am greatly compensated for this extream money loss by trying to force this rule on people who already have plots regarding the basement rule.
2 people like this post.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

HelloMiners Millionaire ~Alex

ImageImage

Postby gbt2001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:48 am

I believe people should be compensated for the redstone portion. Alot of plots are purchased partially for their ability to have farms and other machinery under it. People spent more money than they necessarily would have if they knew they couldn't put farms. It seems that the city is forcing people to spend thousands of forsals and time on moving machines to land they have to buy. We should do something like river city did where we compensate people for a forced rule changes like this rather than force players to pay money for things they didn't agree to when purchasing the plot.

Postby TLG_lost » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Wait does this mean we can no longer have basements I’m confused
REEEE REEEE REEEE

Postby Amoni » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Wait there was compensation offered for the removal of rc basements?!!! Camel where’s my compensation!!??
~Max likes this post.
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Postby gbt2001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 pm

It was compensation given to players that owned the plot at the time.

Postby gbt2001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:01 pm

TLG_lost wrote:Wait does this mean we can no longer have basements I’m confused

It just means you can't your plot excluding the bottom 35 blocks for auto farms and other redstone stuff

Next