Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion A thought: HM adventure map?

A thought: HM adventure map?

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Would you be interested in doing such a project?

Yes
59%
Perhaps
36%
No
5%

Total votes : 22

A thought: HM adventure map?

Postby Cheerios32 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:32 am

EDIT: We now have a discord set up! Join this to help decide what the map will be about, even if you aren't fully sure if you want to help build it.

https://discord.gg/H6YeSsj

Hello,

If you look around the community, a lot of people here have some things in common: they dream big, then work hard to achieve that. They are creative when it comes to ideas and projects. Where we differ is the broad scope of our abilities. Some of us can do redstone. Some can design really well. Some are artists (overlaps a bit with design but oh well). The scope of this communities abilities is astounding. Then I thought: well surely something you can do with such a wide range of skills is create adventure maps. If one person can create, say, Herobrine's mansion (probably wasn't one person but close enough), what could perhaps 20 people make in the same timescale? Quite a lot by my reckoning.

If you'd be interested in joining such a project comment below, along with ideas/comments/criticism of said idea.
Last edited by Cheerios32 on Wed May 01, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
_mentalgamer_ likes this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Re: A thought: HM adventure map?

Postby d0dleysvrz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:37 am

well yea, we sure have a broad spectrum of skills available.

Though the main problem i've found with doing projects as these is the time that people have available to actually build it.
For me personally, all my time on MC is distributed over several tasks for my company, personal and company projects and not to even mention amdinistration, marketing and employee hiring.

I think it'd be cool but alot of us that do have the skills you're looking for are already busy with alot of other projects on the main server.

Also we've seen how most big gov departments have been running, big projects just aren't HM's thing i guess xD

Very cool idea though, i used to post pics of maps i used to make on these very forums like 4 years back. They had some good feedback from the playerbase as well.
Cheerios32 likes this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Postby ~Doodle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Cheerios, this topic highlights the exact values that the team and I have been trying to work to on the replacement battle palace. The project consisted of normal players who design, who can code complex game mechanics in 1.13 and people who can create custom mobs and items in the latest versions of the plugin used. The entire point was for something amazing and huge like an event city that we are making to be done only by players which can show that these kind of projects don't need to be done by admins or staff (like almost all of them are now).
Unfortunately, I have been removed from the project because I "abused" permissions on HM yet staff have failed to show any solid evidence to this claim. The problem is, I've been told if I wanna continue to work on the project, I can but gov will pull all involvement in it which I find very unfair being so discriminative.
What I hope we can do from here is set up a program where players can present projects such as these when they have finished development stage and get reviewed by staff and public then implemented onto the server if it is good enough.
I strongly support something like this happening because I feel the way staff are handling things now is just putting the server to shit. We need something like this so players are always interested in doing something cool for others and can feel like they are able to give back what they've taken from the server and community.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby d0dleysvrz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:46 pm

~Doodle wrote:Cheerios, this topic highlights the exact values that the team and I have been trying to work to on the replacement battle palace. The project consisted of normal players who design, who can code complex game mechanics in 1.13 and people who can create custom mobs and items in the latest versions of the plugin used. The entire point was for something amazing and huge like an event city that we are making to be done only by players which can show that these kind of projects don't need to be done by admins or staff (like almost all of them are now).
Unfortunately, I have been removed from the project because I "abused" permissions on HM yet staff have failed to show any solid evidence to this claim. The problem is, I've been told if I wanna continue to work on the project, I can but gov will pull all involvement in it which I find very unfair being so discriminative.
What I hope we can do from here is set up a program where players can present projects such as these when they have finished development stage and get reviewed by staff and public then implemented onto the server if it is good enough.
I strongly support something like this happening because I feel the way staff are handling things now is just putting the server to shit. We need something like this so players are always interested in doing something cool for others and can feel like they are able to give back what they've taken from the server and community.

It's also what i've been trying to realize within my city. The ice karting is one of them :)
~Doodle likes this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Postby Cheerios32 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 am

bump :c
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart