Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion End Cities: Should They Be Allowed

End Cities: Should They Be Allowed

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Should End Cities Be Implemented With Lower End Land Value

Yes, but same land value
24%
Yes, and cheaper land value
48%
No
27%

Total votes : 33

End Cities: Should They Be Allowed

Postby Cardi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:36 am

If the admins would support it by making the proper forms of transport would people be interested in building cities in the end? I was also thinking lower land value in the end to help encourage these new cities. Please answer the poll and comment why you agree or disagree.

Re: End Cities: Should They Be Allowed

Postby UnboxingGold » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:38 am

i mean i guess but i wouldn't want a house in the end or a plot there kinda feels dull in the end :/ if I'm every there for business i just bring what i need wouldn't want to live down there

Postby ~Weather » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:42 am

Yeah I tried to make a city in the end and was told it could not be done because there was no viable transportation.
UnboxingGold likes this post.

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:21 am

don't try to take over the land people make beautiful mapart in with dark cities lol smh
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby ~ADR » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:32 am

CoolPaisie101 wrote:don't try to take over the land people make beautiful mapart in with dark cities lol smh

the end as far as i know has infinite land
Avara City Approved since 12/13/2018 Image
Banned until 5/19/2019. Unbanned :D
-Net-worth F250000.

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am

but if there are end cities there will probably be less land easily accessible to use form apart if the end cities are made so close to end spawn!!!!
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby ~ADR » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am

CoolPaisie101 wrote:but if there are end cities there will probably be less land easily accessible to use form apart if the end cities are made so close to end spawn!!!!

Dont be lazy and travel a bit ;p
-Net-worth F250000.

Postby _UltraPro_ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:24 am

The original idea was to have a /warp spaceport which would be like the airport however for cities in the end. The original discussion and update never occurred. Here is the original post.

End Cities

So this would be an idea to help the city economy by allowing players to have more choice on where they put their cities, this would also help out the amount of land being taken up by new cities by putting them in other dimensions. If this is successful we can easily make a variation for the nether. We might need a plugin to allow bed spawning in other dimensions but it can be done! :D

End Cities to be approved must follow the strict city approval guidelines along with the following.

-Must Take up atleast 1 entire end island (there are plenty in the end and can be expanded to include multiple islands in the future)
-Must be a minimum of 5 islands in any direction of another player's end city. (due to 60 block rule being useless considering all of the void space)
-Must include an "END PORT" (described below)

End Ports

For end cities, just like airports people will need ways of getting around. End ports are a solution to this. They are like an airport but for more like "Spaceships" To get around the end. They work exactly the same but:
-Must be built on the edge of an end island
-Have to have a control tower or some kind of lookout
-Must have some kind of docking port/landing pad for the UFO's
-Need to have some kind of security post or airlocks/customs

Ofcourse the government will have some kind of "End Hub" at the other side of the end portal which can be contracted out to players to design and build. This can also be a prepping place for fighting the end dragon and a safe hub and way to the end! We could also create a /warp spaceport.
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.
Image Image

Postby captain_2ds » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 am

um...isn't there enough cities already?? :D

(looking at the server map, isn't there plenty of land left in the overworld?)

Postby ~ADR » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:29 am

captain_2ds wrote:(looking at the server map, isn't there plenty of land left in the overworld?)

lol no it took days of searching to find a spot for avara, and there isnt much space left because of other dead cities and random regioned land everywhere
2 people like this post.
-Net-worth F250000.

Next