Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Other My Apology.

My Apology.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, you can post it here.

My Apology.

Postby Tesseract » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 pm

After coming back from vacation, I started asking myself, "Why are you playing on HelloMiners?" I have been asked this question many times, because not only does it affect how I play, but how I view the server in general. For some reason, all this time I have ignored why I feel like there is a separation between me and the community. I did not bother to ask the community because I was afraid to receive backlash and judgment. It feels as if everything I've said on this server has been monitored and judged. I do not know if people still view me as the 2017 version of myself, but I cannot change what one sees. Many have called me the "wannabe-mod" of 2018, and honestly, that is correct. I felt as if I could garner other's enjoyment by being perfect in their eyes, but that envy of perfection led to a road of arrogance, too much self-confidence, and personal vengeance against others. After watching "A Wrinkle in Time", I thought back to HelloMiners and I now understood why I chose this server one year ago. I did not choose this server to become the best administrator there ever was or to impress everyone. No one forced me to join this server, I came here to enjoy myself, and that is what I should be doing. In "A Wrinkle in Time", Mrs. Which says this important quote, "All of these events, histories, moments that have gone to make everything that makes up you..." really made me feel how important it is to be yourself and enjoy what you really want to do. I actually do enjoy player helping and simply contributing in general, but I don't want to feel as if I'm doing what I'm doing just to show perfection to others. I will continue to pursue player helping and my other passions but will not try to hate myself and embrace my own specific qualities. I hope you understand this and accept my apology.
5 people like this post.
"Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole." - ~Ryan

"Ask not what your server can do for you - ask what you can do for your server." - Filipendulous

Re: My Apology.

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Could u plz stop changing u r name aha.
Over 3 years running and I've had _DJDoodle_ lol

~Doodle
2 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

#BringBackFunboi28

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby ~Bear » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Change your name back to Lacasse so everyone know who u are!
11 people like this post.
Sas Fried Chicken- Helper Chicken

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:25 pm

~Bear wrote:Change your name back to Lacasse so everyone know who u are!

Or Amazon_Alexa
4 people like this post.
Sakura the pink nose reindeer
City Department Staff

Postby Tunnel » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:45 pm

MyNameIsSakura wrote:

Or Amazon_Alexa

InfectedMoon95*
3 people like this post.
YourAverageName - Former HM Mod
-
<_number947_> avg should write a book based on harry potter: "harry potter and the changing nick"
<~notTek> tunnel got her 286,000 from the staff-ran underground nub trafficking ring if any of you werent aware
<FlyingBurger> DRAMA ALERT Tunnel keeps a drug farm under sparts castle

Postby ~Cookie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Tunnel wrote:
MyNameIsSakura wrote:

Or Amazon_Alexa

InfectedMoon95*

Oml I’ve forgotten all about that one.
~Arctic likes this post.
I'm on snap and discord. Other than that consider me dead.

Approved Cookie

Authorized Overlord

Discord is XL_Cookie#4364

Postby Gerhard » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:17 pm

If you act like a decent human being this time and not try to hide everything including who you are i will accept it...otherwise i lost respect for you over a year ago.
Tunnel likes this post.
Player manager of HelloClan City Main
Volunteer Firefighter - Goose Creek Rural Fire Dept.
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Postby Luke (LukeTheTree) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:42 pm

*cough cough* Use paragraphs *cough cough*

I didn't care to read it because I can't read it.
Inactive Since Oct. 2018 - Discord: LukeTheHat#5318

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Rob Siltanen (Credited as Steve Jobs)

Postby MissileGamer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:16 am

Hey!
I'm not sure why everyone who's posted here so far feels the need to hate on someone trying to come to terms with their behavior and improve upon what they do. The only mistake is continuing to make it once you know it's a mistake. This applies to everyone. I also have behaviors that I am not always proud of, that i'd like to change or improve on. I applaud you for coming to terms with it instead of avoiding it, and even more for having the courage to make it public. This is something not many will do out of the fear of getting judged or no longer getting validation from others. In the end, deep down everybody has something they'd like to improve on in their behavior in some ways.

I can also understand you wanting to run from your past. You don't want to be associated with the person you used to be and instead with the person you are now. This explains the name changing or the attempts to show people your change in attitude perfectly and its nothing to be ashamed of, its very logical. My only advice would be to no longer allow your self-image to be dictated by how other people react to you or if they are / aren't giving you attention as with this kind of mindset you'll find yourself running after what people think forever, never truly being happy. If this means making a statement by going back to your original username and being good, then so be it. Theres no need to run from our past with a different mindset, it made us who we are after all and we doesn't stop us from getting anywhere.

The biggest thing would be trying to distant yourself from your own ego, we each have this, and we each need to try our best to do so. As you said, play HelloMiner's not because you want a rank, but because you enjoy playing. Do good not because you expect anything in return, but because you get satisfaction from doing the good deed itself. This is the most important thing, and sometimes it can be hard. It's easy to want desires that are temporarily rewarding or that allows you to show off. It takes a lot more effort convincing yourself to do something good purely for the sake of doing good, and sometimes even not wanting a reward when its offered to strengthen your resolve.

I'm very happy to see you asking yourself the real questions and actually giving yourself the honest answer, no matter how difficult it may be to accept. Do your own thing, be good on your own without a care in the world. Let the rest come naturally/effortlessly. Trust me, this type of attitude and mindset is very noticeable in people. I wish you the best of luck! Feel free to shoot me a message if you ever have any doubts or would like to discuss these things :)

6 people like this post.

Work for a cause, not for applause.

Live life to express, not to impress.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed,
just your absence felt.

Postby ZeekHM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:39 am

HEADS WILL ROLL ON THE FLOOR *BASS DROP*

oh sorry.

Hi, apology accepted.

Next