Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Implemented [COMMUNITY/ECONOMY] Raising the 60 block rule DISCUSSION

[COMMUNITY/ECONOMY] Raising the 60 block rule DISCUSSION

Suggestions that have been implemented.

Re: [COMMUNITY/ECONOMY] Raising the 60 block rule DISCUSSION

Postby Cheerios32 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 pm

~Weather wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:Just going to throw this in here

500 blocks away for a second city is waaaaaay too much, and I shall prove it with maths:

the map radius is approx 5km. This makes the area of it 25(pi)km2 - i.e 75km2.

500 blocks in every direction from a region is 0.25(pi)km2 - goes to about 0.75km2.

0.75km2 is 1% of 75km2. Therefore, you are asking staff to search 1% of the map for every region created. That doesn't sound like a lot but staff on at a busy time might create 5 seperate regions each day. That means that on average, each staff member is searching the entire map in 20 days. This is neither a good use of time nor practical.

No, no, no... 500 blocks apart from each CITY, not any random region. I agree it'd be extremely hard to find an area without a region less than 500 blocks away. If 500 blocks was too much still, then maybe we could do like 300 or 400? Something that would prevent a city from popping up right next to another one.

Still: searching 1% of the map is quite hard :D
2 people like this post.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby ~Weather » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:00 am

B U M P !
How many will it take ? =|

Postby ~Weather » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Coming to the next Archendale city expansion due to the 60 block rule not being changed and someone regioning!

This is a reoccuring constant problem! The government can force people to move and give them compensation when the government expands somewhere, but private cities can't? This seems very unfair to private city owners such as myself!
3 people like this post.

Postby ~Weather » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:20 pm

~Weather wrote:Coming to the next Archendale city expansion due to the 60 block rule not being changed and someone regioning!

This is a reoccuring constant problem! The government can force people to move and give them compensation when the government expands somewhere, but private cities can't? This seems very unfair to private city owners such as myself!

Postby ~Weather » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:26 am

~Weather wrote:Coming to the next Archendale city expansion due to the 60 block rule not being changed and someone regioning!

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:06 am

The majority of the staff vote has voted in favor of increasing the 60 block rule to 120 blocks.
4 people like this post.
Mob maker since October 2017

Postby ~Hari » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 am

Honestly, it's something you have to deal with. Your city has only been up for like a few months at least, I can assure you that there are regions which were there long before yours.
HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016

Postby ~Weather » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:14 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:The majority of the staff vote has voted in favor of increasing the 60 block rule to 120 blocks.

Yay! Has it been implemented into the server rules yet? Also, was it ever brought up to possibly make it so new cities have to be atlesst 250-350 blocks away from another current existing city? This would help prevent congestion with cities in which itd be harder for them to run into each other.
Last edited by ~Weather on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ~Weather » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:16 pm

~Hari wrote:Honestly, it's something you have to deal with. Your city has only been up for like a few months at least, I can assure you that there are regions which were there long before yours.

I know the cobblestone farm just popped up like a month or two ago. I regioned Archendale the day of the last server map expansion knowing CB was just across the bay. :?

Postby ~Jake » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:05 am

Sad reacc
In-Game: Inactive
Forums: Inactive

Previous