Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Cities Crystal Bay Council Applications, and proposed gov structure

Crystal Bay Council Applications, and proposed gov structure

Re: Crystal Bay Council Applications, and proposed gov struc

Postby Luke (LukeTheTree) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:15 pm

MyNameIsSakura wrote:Why tf would cb need a metro when they already have warp signs to each district. And expand the city??? Are you joking CB is too big not too small. Need to make the current city work before even suggesting too expand lol. Sorry if I sound rude. Just my thoughts on what ya said

Yes, the expansion was what I was thinking also. And on the idea of warp signs, that idea will still flourish with a metro system. See, multiple servers have introduced global metro systems, where, at certain places, or stops, you can take a warp anywhere else. That's why the current system is flawed. By warping somewhere it's challenging to figure out how to get back, and the metro would help with that, while still letting people explore the city. And to cover the bases of expansion, that was also my plan, which is to rebuild the current city then expand so other players can have their own cities right next to Crystal Bay for cheap, just with slight restrictions and regulations (like a proper private city). I completely agree with your thoughts and have brought them in account with my plans, and even modern-day, real cities follow your ideas of fixing before expanding.
Inactive Since Oct. 2018 - Discord: LukeTheHat#5318

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Rob Siltanen (Credited as Steve Jobs)

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:42 pm

I just think that right now there is no point in making a metro when we have a compromise that can work for the time being. Above all we need to focus on reviving CB by getting all plots evicted and eyescored and make an active CB. We also need to make CB unique to make people have a reason to put time into CB. Like having an events area in CB.
Sakura the pink nose reindeer
City Department Staff

Postby Luke (LukeTheTree) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:42 pm

MyNameIsSakura wrote:I just think that right now there is no point in making a metro when we have a compromise that can work for the time being. Above all we need to focus on reviving CB by getting all plots evicted and eyescored and make an active CB. We also need to make CB unique to make people have a reason to put time into CB. Like having an events area in CB.

Yes, that'd be an advantage of the metro. By working on stations and areas in quiet parts of the city profits and buildings will go up and disappointment will go down. If I was elected my main goal would always be to make sure that Crystal Bay has an active, special, and unique player base, and my ideas will slowly develop into a "projection, eviction, revival, expansion" with ideas that have been made by the community.
Inactive Since Oct. 2018 - Discord: LukeTheHat#5318

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Rob Siltanen (Credited as Steve Jobs)

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Luke (LukeTheTree) wrote:
MyNameIsSakura wrote:I just think that right now there is no point in making a metro when we have a compromise that can work for the time being. Above all we need to focus on reviving CB by getting all plots evicted and eyescored and make an active CB. We also need to make CB unique to make people have a reason to put time into CB. Like having an events area in CB.

Yes, that'd be an advantage of the metro. By working on stations and areas in quiet parts of the city profits and buildings will go up and disappointment will go down. If I was elected my main goal would always be to make sure that Crystal Bay has an active, special, and unique player base, and my ideas will slowly develop into a "projection, eviction, revival, expansion" with ideas that have been made by the community.

Nah rn a metro would simply be too much work considering how big crystal bay is and should be maybe considered in the future. If players buy plots in the quiet parts of the city then it can become more loud lol. We just have to give them reasons to want too so aka providing more unique things towards CB. A metro is not unique at all so isn't what we really need to focus on. Why make a metro to get our player base to go to quiet areas if CB doesn't even have a player base yet.
City Department Staff

Postby yamaazizi » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Sak what sounds more realistic, a metro system or some teleport signs?
City evaluator
YeliExpress
WholeBlocks
Discord - yamaazizi#8149

https://www.instagram.com/yamaazizi/

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm

yamaazizi wrote:Why sounds more realistic, a metro system or some teleport signs?

I get that you talk about realism but its pointless trying for realism when there are so many things that are already unrealistic about the server. The TP signs are much more accessable and easy to understand by new players so will be able to include new players in CB more. If we really wanted realism in the server we would have no warps and no suicide but we clearly are not working for that. We are trying to make things easier for players and this in my opinion is the best way
City Department Staff

Postby ~Doodle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:15 pm

When are we going to find out who has been elected for the council?
Domination LT likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby ~Arctic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:59 pm

IGN: ArcticPlayz

How long have you been on the server:
1 year and 4 months

Any prior experience with cities? If so, what is it?:
Helped make a city (Leeds City), District manager in OC & Co-Owner of city that will be approved soon.

Any experience with government jobs on HM?
Nope, but I wish to in the future.

Any experience with politics irl?
I often enjoy taking part in political debates at my school, and I like thinking about concepts for government systems.

What would you bring to CB?
I would love to see CB become into a thriving hub for HelloMiners business and to make it a place where new players can be introduced into HelloMiners. I would make a new Housing Affordablitiy Scheme (HASh) so all new players would be able to fit into the city and have enough to get a job, or even try and open a store.

I would also like to impliement fair Democracy in Crystal Bay, possibly making server wide democracy. I think CB has "died" because it lacked any plans and just came crashing into HelloMiners. I would contruct a plan to renovate CB that would be voted on by the citizens of HelloMiners, to make sure it is the kind of upgrade they want to the city.

I would also make sure there are strict building regulations, as to make for a nicer looking city. This may go as specific as colours or materials of buildings, as well as the height.
<Mypuppyrue> reyt nice they ar
<~Arctic> aye
<Mypuppyrue> i dint ask ow u was
<~Arctic> them reilways ar reyt nice ar they
<Mypuppyrue> they are
<~Arctic> yeh get whattamean?
<Mypuppyrue> i get whatyamean
<~Arctic> ah gud
<Mypuppyrue> do tha lot get what us mean
<Trial-Mod ~Ash> my brain hurts

Postby Icypenguin79 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:25 pm

_DJDoodle_ wrote:When are we going to find out who has been elected for the council?

Applications end at 11:59 EST on 1/1/19.
Proud Owner of Archendale :D
Founder of the UC
Vice Commissioner of the BBE

Trial-Mod Icypenguin79 since November 13, 2018

Postby ~Doodle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:38 am

Icypenguin79 wrote:
_DJDoodle_ wrote:When are we going to find out who has been elected for the council?

Applications end at 11:59 EST on 1/1/19.

Thank you!
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

PreviousNext