Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Cities Crystal Bay Council Applications, and proposed gov structure

Crystal Bay Council Applications, and proposed gov structure

Re: Crystal Bay Council Applications, and proposed gov struc

Postby ~Doodle » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:56 am

IGN: _DJDoodle_

How long have you been on the server: 3 years and a couple months

Any prior experience with cities? If so, what is it?:
I founded Cape Coral which has gone through many transfers of ownership and now is at tier 1 about to expand into a bigger city. I also work in a high management role with DOME and even though I cover the city and architecture branch, before DOME city was declared on a stand still, I was looking closely to see what we could improve/expand on which included me writing up an expansion report.

Any experience with government jobs on HM?:
I used to work for the old BP with chrono, I now work with him on the H.E.L.L project as well as I work on developing BP for 1.13 with some help from others. I also have an official role as the Instagram photographer for HelloMiners so if I was able to know about events/changes to CB, I could make sure to advertise it well on the Instagram and get some amazing shots of the city too.

Any experience with politics irl?:
I don't have any political expirence as I have no job or any say in the current political situation that the country I live in stands however I have my views and opinions which myself and a few others discuss on every day or so which is just for a bit of fun.

What would you bring to CB?:
I'd bring a balanced opinion to the table with suggestions that would benefit everyone including the players - who are the most important part - while working closely with everyone and having fun while doing so. I know that we already work together well but to have a major role in a city needing help as soon as it can, I can just see that the atmosphere which working will just be great while on a serious project.

I'd like to wish everyone good luck and no matter what the outcome, do the best you can to CB before it destroys itself. Thank you.

~Doodle
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:03 pm

IGN: MyNameIsSakura
How long have you been on the server: 1 and a half years
Any prior experience with cities? If so, what is it?: I have owned many cities in the past as some may know. The best example would be Paradise Hills. I took that city from a very inactive and quite a bombsite into a well working city. I later sold the city onto Arakorni89 to continue the developments I started. At the moment I am running the city of Cape Coral which is looking really good and we are selling plots very well!
Any experience with government jobs on HM? I have had A LOT of experience with gov jobs on HM. I am currently in the city department where I approve tiers and evictions. This can be a great aid to me being a co mayor as I already know much about how to approve evictions and make sure a city is up to a great standard as I am also involved in city approval discussions. I have also been Head of The Battle Palace in the past where I have been trusted with perms such as /broadcast which shows that I am very trustworthy and have never abused this perm.
Any experience with politics irl? I am the type of person who likes to scroll through the news a lot so am always clicking on articles to do with politics. I myself find it very interesting and am always deslighed to scroll through an article about Brexit :P . This can help me in the job so much as I have good knowledge on how politics work so I can use it within the cb government to make it thrive like CB shouls have always done!
What would you bring to CB? In CB I would really like to get things going. Get everything very active with players who are stocking their shops. I would also like to defy what all other private cities seem to always do and make CB more unique as that's what will make it thrive so much. Ideas for this are things like events around CB, more ideas for possible mob shrines around CB, special monuments that will draw attraction to CB. I really just want to be allowed to give CB the love it deserves and make it what it should have been a year ago when it was first launched. I also want to ensure that players are as involved as you plan them to be within CB. This is so important as if we have players ideas within CB then it will make the players happy and make the city amazing in the eyes of the players and in ours for the amazing work we have done too it. You should choose me over other applicants as I am a very dedicated player and my imagination and ideas will rise CB to where it really needs to stand . Thank you for reading!
~Doodle likes this post.
Sakura the pink nose reindeer
City Department Staff

Postby ~Baz » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:41 pm

IGN: __Baz
How long have you been on the server: 2 years 3 months
Any prior experience with cities? If so, what is it?: I am the current manager for swampcity
Any experience with government jobs on HM? Manager and player helper
Any experience with politics irl? no
What would you bring to CB? I would love to rebuild and old city i have been placed in swamp city and was doing great until I've gotten bright as a mayor who is inactive and this limits everything i can do because this needs to be approved by the mayor.
Thanks for your time :mrgreen:

Postby ~ManoMan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:50 am

until when applications close?
Owner of Puerto Cancun
Owner Of Megaletria City! ( Upcoming)
My discord is ~Manos#1460
Networth 280k
Joined July 2016
~A goodbye is never painful unless you're never going to say hello again

Postby Ryan In The Horizon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:29 pm

IGN: RyanDaWerewolf
How long have you been on the server: From 2016 (On a different account)
Any prior experience with cities? If so, what is it?: I co-own Cape Coral
Any experience with government jobs on HM? No
Any experience with politics irl? Im also running for head boy at my school, but that aint politics is it. :(
What would you bring to CB? A more active city, with a better warp location, actual selling signs and improvements in general.
Formerly Ryan_VWorp, RyanDaWerewolf and Ryan_Shorthorn
Player Helper & City Dept Member

Postby Ryan In The Horizon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Also lel, 3 of the submitties are or were owners of Cape Coral :P
~Doodle likes this post.
Formerly Ryan_VWorp, RyanDaWerewolf and Ryan_Shorthorn
Player Helper & City Dept Member

Postby Luke (LukeTheTree) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:03 pm

IGN:
Lukes13thName (Previously LukeTheTree)

How long have you been on the server:
I started in early January 2016, so nearly 3 years.

I managed Ocelot City's eviction department for 7 months from when it opened to the opening of Broadview. I've worked on multiple different districts in the city and helped out with the construction of the first 3 Ocelot City areas.

No, not really. I was previously planning with Icy a reboot of Crystal Bay including urban development schemes and a PATH system (similar to Toronto) but it managed to be too hard to handle properly as I was going through a lot of schoolwork at the time. I did have a government job for another server as co-owner but that shut down due to the other owner going inactive.

I've been a debater of politics for a while and I heavily supported [PERSON] during her 2016 campaign, following every political move of that year up to the final debate. I also dabble in Australian Politics and the recent prime minister fiasco where Malcom Turnball was challenged by Peter Dutton but in the end, Scott Morrison became PM.

I'd finally bring work back into the city. Lots of the issues caused by CB where also the player's fault, that's why half of all plots are empty. I realised quickly as people started looking at CB after auctions that lots of plots that where empty actually did have owners, however, no-one was actually doing something about it. If I was elected as a council I'd make sure that empty plots would be evicted in a quick timeframe (with plots being checked on once a week) instead of once a month. I'd have a large spreadsheet with every plot in the city eviction rating consisting of Materials, Size, Colour, and Design. I'd also promote introducing a fully legislated urban development scheme to grow the size of Crystal Bay for the first time. I'll write about that in a different paragraph.

Urban Development Scheme Concept:
The UDSC is a concept I've been thinking of for quite some time, for all cities. (Mainly Crystal Bay). The idea is that we'd expand the city, but we shouldn't just rely on staff to do that. the UDSC introduced the House Development business to HelloMiners and would be designed and projected to let people build their own expansions to cities especially CB. Urban Developers could apply to make an expansion to the city and show a rough sketch of plot designs. These urban developers can hire architects and builders to design and create plots for the city, each with a certain theme (e.g. San Francisco styled). This would allow constant expansion at the request of the city council and mayors, however, the UDSC doesn't mean that we only rely on players, as extremely large projected expansion designs will be done by city staff.

The Government Building Scheme:
This would allow new or evicted plots to be built on before sold in a specific style. lots of reasons for the eviction of plots is their design or their emptiness, so the GBS would make sure that the city would never be empty. Newly evicted plots would be built on after sold by hired designers of council workers, and streets can rely on unique designs. This would secure that the city would never ever feel empty, and when auctioning, a plot owner can save desperate money and time from not having to build their own plot.

Crystal Bay Metro Plan:
I'd quickly introduce a new metro to the city, the main concept being subways or underground hyper loops. These would extend to both current districts and future ones, with about 3 stations for each district. These lines would reach to all sides of the cities and be in circles to increase efficiency. This would allow exploration of the city by new players and would add value to plots further behind then the first few rows as it would be much quicker to get to their plots. The line would be heavily based on the London Underground and some aspects of the New York Subway. We'd design ultra-realistic cars and motor compartments (I've worked on vehicle design before). In the future this would expand to new developments in the city with new lines and the main line's extension.

I could write much more but I'm running out of time. Thanks for listening to my application, and good luck to all other applicants of Council of Crystal Bay! :D
YourBoyRoss likes this post.
Inactive Since October 2018.

Postby Icypenguin79 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:47 am

Luke (LukeTheTree) wrote:IGN:
Lukes13thName (Previously LukeTheTree)

How long have you been on the server:
I started in early January 2016, so nearly 3 years.

I managed Ocelot City's eviction department for 7 months from when it opened to the opening of Broadview. I've worked on multiple different districts in the city and helped out with the construction of the first 3 Ocelot City areas.

No, not really. I was previously planning with Icy a reboot of Crystal Bay including urban development schemes and a PATH system (similar to Toronto) but it managed to be too hard to handle properly as I was going through a lot of schoolwork at the time. I did have a government job for another server as co-owner but that shut down due to the other owner going inactive.

I've been a debater of politics for a while and I heavily supported [PERSON] during her 2016 campaign, following every political move of that year up to the final debate. I also dabble in Australian Politics and the recent prime minister fiasco where Malcom Turnball was challenged by Peter Dutton but in the end, Scott Morrison became PM.

I'd finally bring work back into the city. Lots of the issues caused by CB where also the player's fault, that's why half of all plots are empty. I realised quickly as people started looking at CB after auctions that lots of plots that where empty actually did have owners, however, no-one was actually doing something about it. If I was elected as a council I'd make sure that empty plots would be evicted in a quick timeframe (with plots being checked on once a week) instead of once a month. I'd have a large spreadsheet with every plot in the city eviction rating consisting of Materials, Size, Colour, and Design. I'd also promote introducing a fully legislated urban development scheme to grow the size of Crystal Bay for the first time. I'll write about that in a different paragraph.

Urban Development Scheme Concept:
The UDSC is a concept I've been thinking of for quite some time, for all cities. (Mainly Crystal Bay). The idea is that we'd expand the city, but we shouldn't just rely on staff to do that. the UDSC introduced the House Development business to HelloMiners and would be designed and projected to let people build their own expansions to cities especially CB. Urban Developers could apply to make an expansion to the city and show a rough sketch of plot designs. These urban developers can hire architects and builders to design and create plots for the city, each with a certain theme (e.g. San Francisco styled). This would allow constant expansion at the request of the city council and mayors, however, the UDSC doesn't mean that we only rely on players, as extremely large projected expansion designs will be done by city staff.

The Government Building Scheme:
This would allow new or evicted plots to be built on before sold in a specific style. lots of reasons for the eviction of plots is their design or their emptiness, so the GBS would make sure that the city would never be empty. Newly evicted plots would be built on after sold by hired designers of council workers, and streets can rely on unique designs. This would secure that the city would never ever feel empty, and when auctioning, a plot owner can save desperate money and time from not having to build their own plot.

Crystal Bay Metro Plan:
I'd quickly introduce a new metro to the city, the main concept being subways or underground hyper loops. These would extend to both current districts and future ones, with about 3 stations for each district. These lines would reach to all sides of the cities and be in circles to increase efficiency. This would allow exploration of the city by new players and would add value to plots further behind then the first few rows as it would be much quicker to get to their plots. The line would be heavily based on the London Underground and some aspects of the New York Subway. We'd design ultra-realistic cars and motor compartments (I've worked on vehicle design before). In the future this would expand to new developments in the city with new lines and the main line's extension.

I could write much more but I'm running out of time. Thanks for listening to my application, and good luck to all other applicants of Council of Crystal Bay! :D

I remember planning stuff with you xd if you're coming back, I look forward to seeing you on the server!
Proud Owner of Archendale :D
Founder of the UC
Vice Commissioner of the BBE

Trial-Mod Icypenguin79 since November 13, 2018

Postby Luke (LukeTheTree) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:54 am

I do plan on coming back to the server if I manage to get the job, and if I do I can't wait till I can revive such a beautiful city... I've been interested in the Crystal Bay Paradox for a while (Hype - Sell it - call it a day - fail - repeat) and that's why I've applied for council! #ElectCBsFuture!
Inactive Since October 2018.

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Why tf would cb need a metro when they already have warp signs to each district. And expand the city??? Are you joking CB is too big not too small. Need to make the current city work before even suggesting too expand lol. Sorry if I sound rude. Just my thoughts on what ya said
Sakura the pink nose reindeer
City Department Staff

PreviousNext