Ozapenguin
11%
richie_rich123
44%

Total votes : 57

Helloclan City Mayor Election

Postby Camel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 am

Hey everyone,

Helloclan City is a big city and the most important one of the server so the staff team wants to make sure that it is run properly. To make sure of this, the staff team has decided to create an election for a new mayor to get the players more involved on who they want to pick as mayor. Here are the candidates:

Candidates
Mister_Misery aka ~Luc
Ozapenguin
richie_rich123

All candidates should post responses to what they would do as Helloclan City mayor.

Thanks for reading this topic, and happy voting!
Last edited by Camel on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Re: Helloclan City Mayor Election

Postby Camel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:58 am

The person elected will become the second mayor. Deitnerb will still be a mayor
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Postby ~Luc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:50 am

Hey everyone!

I am really excited to be a candidate for this position, and I have a number of things I would like to see improved in Helloclan City! You may be wondering, Who should I vote for, and why should they receive my vote? This is where I tell you what I want to see happen in Helloclan, and a working agenda that has room for alterations if needed in which I want to see these things fulfilled!

Firstly, and something I know everyone can agree upon, is that evictions need to be done on inactive plots, especially those that are in desirable areas. There are a good amount of buildings around the city that haven't been touched in months if not years, and that is really removing the opportunity for players to expand their businesses to plots that are closer to spawn, and more likely to get attention.

Secondly, I would like to see the Helloclan event centre put to use! Its such a great thing and there was a time in which events were hosted often, so it would be cool to see that happen again and could also result in more shops getting customers in that area!

Thirdly, I want to improve the transit system in the city. I am aware that a new subway is being finished(if not already completed), however for above ground transportation, I would like to see a player-friendly way of traveling around the whole city quickly and efficiently, and something that shops can tap into so that their buildings are more likely to be accessed by the community!

I would like to stress that I really want to put an emphasis on improving the accessibility and usability of one of the nicest government cities on the server! I really believe that in time Helloclan City can be the great city it once was, and not just a semi-used and semi-active city that most players don't really care to go to often.

As for the agenda, I would like to have evictions done ASAP! As soon as I get elected I would do an entire sweep of the city and make note of every region that is eligible for eviction (much like what I did for my private city, Oracle [now Toronto]). I was able to evict over half of the city due to inactivities, and I did it within hours of acquiring the city. I would be doing the same thing here, and would ideally have every evictable plot cleared within 2 days of being elected. As for the event centre, I am aware that it is run by staff, however being the mayor of the city would enable me to communicate to the other staffmembers what kind of events are wanted that can be done within the event centre, and see them implemented in a shorter period of time. Finally for the transit system, upon approval I would like to have it done and completed within 2 weeks of approval, and I would be working with company owners to ensure that this transit system is both useful for consumers and beneficial for companies.

I wish the other two candidates the best of luck, and I really hope you all consider me for mayor, as I really have some great things I want to see implemented into the City to improve the quality and experience of everyone who accesses the city!
10 people like this post.
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019

Postby Mighty_Torso » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:32 am

Vote Richie!
2 people like this post.
Networth: > 1 Million
Owner of the HMCSM
Founder of Union Capital

Postby ~Spider » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:12 am

I'm still with ya Luc!
~Luc likes this post.
HelloMiners Millionaire SpiderPig2323
----------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 13th 2016
Networth: F4,000,000
Top Balance: F2,500,000
Battle Place Host
----------------------------------------------------------

Postby Egor » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:53 am

Ma boi Luc :)
Amoni likes this post.

Postby richie_rich123 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Hey guys! You probably know me as I am very active around the server. Like the other candidates I have recently been granted trial mod. Before that I was actually a full mod for almost two years so I have a lot of experience as a staff member. Not only that but I am personally invested in this city and would love to see it improved.I share many of the same concerns as Luc but would like to also like to add on a bit more to what he was saying.

Evictions:
As a main city, this place is inactive in many areas due to the fact that it has been around for over 5 years. Some plots have owners that have been inactive for many months or even years. My first goal would be to find these plots and evict them so more players can buy them up to increase activity within the city.

Beautification:
For my next step, I would focus on the more dated aspects of the cities. The roads, for starters are almost entirely made of the original wool. And this being the first city ALL new players see I would like to make sure it looks good. Like many other government cities, the roads have all been replaced. This also has the added benefit of creating lots of new jobs as well. Then as for the buildings, there are several that are as old as the city and serve as important historical landmarks. These are buildings that have defined the city for years and cannot be removed. They preserve the original architecture and character that defines this city. My solution is to first determine if the building is in fact historic and appealing, then if the building must be saved, give the new owner the ability to either leave it the same or convert the exterior to concrete. This way the general design and color remains the same but it allows for players to update the city and renovate without completely destroying the buildings.

Transit:
Currently, an excellent subway system is being built under the city and will provide stops in various locations. My plan is to capitalize on this to create new main hubs of trade where the exits are similar to how different sections of the cities have almost warps built around them because of the different tp spots. This will allow players to own a plot that can still be readily accessible without owning one right next to the warp.

Events?:
There are several new quests in the works and I will not be giving out any spoilers. I would like to add some smaller activities/areas around the city that showcase some unique aspect of the server's history.

Overall, Helloclan City is one of the most interesting areas on the server. It has been here almost forever and represents the server's history. Becoming mayor would mean the world to me and I hope to be able to manage a place of such importance to this server.
5 people like this post.
#ImWithBeta
Mod richie_rich123 1700+ Honors
[17:11:36]:[HelpOp]Admin CommandoBeta:Wizards cannot fly without brooms, you muggle

Postby ~Luc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:56 pm

So after having the night to ponder what else could be done to improve the city, I decided to take a look at the city map and go further into detail on what I have planned!

As you can see the, the spawnpoint that has been set on the worldmap does not reflect the current spawnpoint of the server and this is one small fix I want to be made as soon as possible, as it makes looking at the map and interpreting it a little easier by being able to put it into perspective properly. In addition, the area that is surrounded in yellow is generally the area where majority of consumer traffic goes/stays within. During this time they enter mostly stocked shops, however they miss out on the large amount of smaller but sometimes cheaper shops that are within the main part of the city, circled in magenta. My plan is to implement or make better use of the above-ground rail systems that are in the city already. Many cities in real life are expanding their accessibility by implementing Light Rail Transit (LRT) so that people can get around the cities easier, and this is similar to what I want to see put in place here. While the subway will be great for getting players around to main and centralized stops around the city, and these can even be increased by having smaller stations added around the city, it would be great to have an LRT-style transitway in which shop owners can pay a fee to have their shops incorporated into a stop for the transitway. We do have the above-ground stops around the city that aren't used anymore, however it is this style that I am more referring to. For example, the real-life city of Toronto has both streetcars that are on ground level and at times go underground, a vast subway system, and also highways that in some areas are over ground-level, enabling local traffic and intercity traffic to both go through the dense urban areas downtown, and I believe that something similar would be useful in the city. We could have around 15 subway stops strategically placed around the city for players to access further areas. As well we could have a 'streetcar' system that is connected to shops for a small fee, and this if needed could be above street-level in some areas so that people can still walk the streets without worrying about getting in the way of minecarts travelling by. These fees for the companies can then be used for city-improving purposes such as road replacement, beautification, and event prizes. As richie mentioned, we do have some quests that are in the works, but it would be really cool to have little events around the city as often as we can, and ones that give prizes to players. Its a win-win! People can explore the historical city while on occasion earning money or items in events! Like I tried to show before, I really want Hellclan City to be user-friendly, and being friends with and hearing suggestions from people in the community, as well as observing what other successful cities have implemented, I believe that what I want to see changed is greatly beneficial to our great community.

I remember when I first joined HelloMiners 4 years ago, the very first thing I did was walk around the entire city, travel the cart rails to other cities, and explore all the historical things that surrounded the main government cities. At that time, the shops were very active and people were going to warp C all the time! These days the playerbase that makes use of HelloClan has gone down greatly, and I think all we need is to make it more attractive for players, both physically and financially!

Finally, I think its important to have a member of staff who is very active in the community and is in constant communication with the people who play with them, not just focusing on their own projects but also being involved with their peers, someone who hears the voice of the people and wants to work towards bringing that voice to life in the server! It is my belief that the community is first, and myself second, and I believe that I have shown this and continue to do so! As most of you are aware, I re-introduced the architecture competition nearly immediately after being promoted to trial, as I believe that it is a great way for people to earn money for their great building achievements on the server. I am also now the BP manager and am excited to work on improving the BattlePalace experience. As well, myself along with a few other players have acquired a great job factory and are currently working towards re-opening it. This job centre was used by many of the "Veteran players" when they joined, and was once a part of one of the greatest businesses on the server, Orubo factory, and very soon it will be reopened with improvements and modernization-implementation in order to better fit the economy of today! I am always looking for ways to improve the quality and enjoyability of the server, and this is another thing I believe is very important to be done right! I am confident that I am the best person for this position, and I hope that you will see that too!
2 people like this post.
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019

Postby Ozapenguin » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:59 pm

Hello everyone! As you can see I am running for Helloclan mayor and if I am elected for it, I hope that I can improve it vastly while making it look more updated and in sync with what HM is today. I have three things that I want to address, firstly I want to make evictions a main goal in this. Secondly, a revamp of the parks, roads and even some government buildings possibly. Thirdly, I would encourage players to give their creative input and help with the city overall

Now to address my first point which is evictions, in the past, there have been multiple attempts to do mass evictions but they usually end up with none to barely any evictions happening. I want to evict any inactive plots or eyesores that could be replaced with more up to date buildings that can actually function as shops, apartments, etc. The hiring of trusted eviction managers will also help speed up the process of locating the plots that are needing a redone/eviction.

Now, Helloclan city is relatively outdated compared to other government cities, I would like to revamp the roads, the docks, parks, and some government buildings such as the convention center. This has been a topic where people come in from all sides, but I think that it is not right that our main city, where all the new players will walk in to look so outdated. I'm sure that many people would like to see skyscrapers made out of quartz and concrete instead of wool. This would create many large-scale jobs that new and old players could take to make a few extra bucks while also helping out the server at the same time.

Last of all, I would really like it if players could give their opinions and help us directly by either building and designing or indirectly by suggesting new things that would help the city. The key thing to make you, the players happy is to communicate with you, so I would like to make that an option for all of you guys.

Thanks you for taking the time to read this and sorry for posting this late, I hope you vote for ozapenguin for Helloclan Mayor!
2 people like this post.

[Trial-Mod] since November 13, 2018
#longliveagora

Postby gbt2001 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:38 am

when does this end?

Next