Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Cities [Official] DOME City rules.

[Official] DOME City rules.

[Official] DOME City rules.

Postby d0dleysvrz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Related links:
Discord
City rules
Portfolio

Versions.
[+] versions
1.0 - 13-11-2017
1.1 - 13-11-2017
2.0 - 23-12-2017
2.1 (Fixed a typo in the district rules) - 3-1-2018
3.0 - 13-5-2018
4.0 - 11-3-2019

Due to recent events i'm forced to enforce the rules in my city more. Appearently some people have not read them which caused me alot of trouble. A mansion was torn down against it's rules and another was modified as well, not with good outcome...

Therefore all the rules will be clearly stated here, updated at all times so it's always available to anyone. Instead in the city welcome messages players will be directed to this topic. The sign rules are just for official purposes to get it approved correctly.

All players who sell a house in DOME city, notify the new owner of important rules or ask them if they've read them. It saves me alot of time and discussions.

Regular rules (Apply's to every house/building in every district.)
In bold, the rule, in italic some extra explanation.

1. Only modern styled buildings allowed. - The city is themed modern so please try to keep your design fit to the theme!

2. Eyesores must be fixed within 2 weeks. Not doing so will result in eviction. - Your plot will be marked with a sign and you'll be notified of it by mail in-game.

3. An eyesore is a rather unpleasing looking building which will be judged by the city administration. - More info in the eyesore rules section.

4. Bans or inactivity for 2 months or longer will result in eviction.

5. Not more than 3 pets are allowed on 1 property.

6. Predesigned buildings may NOT be changed.

7. Shops are only allowed in the business districts. - This includes financial district & downtown.

8. Apartments may only be rented on plots that are specifically appointed for these buildings. - Inform at the city administration for more info on apartment plots.

9. Any rule broken must be fixed within 2 weeks of city staff pointing out the specified rule broken. - This will be marked by a sign, same as eyesores.

10. No farms (of any kind) above ground level.

11. Owners may not sell buildings using sell signs.

12. Self designed Mansions & houses (not towers) must be approved by city administration before building. - If this is not the case a building risks being eyesored and will follow the eyesore policy

13. Houses, mansions or entire towers can not be rented out. Only apartments in a tower can be rented.

Eyesore rules.
Members of eyesore administration:
Melvinolino & D0dleysvrz

Any building that looks unpleasing or ugly can be reported as an eyesore by members of the administration. Under eyesore we understand the following things: (In order for a building to be marked it does not have to include any of these things.)

Blocky houses, non-modern houses, 1 material houses, random placed blocks, obsidian, nether stuff, lava, ice, End stone, only-glass, empty plots*, ore blocks, dirt, grass, prismarine, bright colored wool, leaves, sand, gravel.
*Plot owners have a 1 week time period to build on an empty plot.

An eyesore will be marked with a sign on the walkway saying the date it's marked for eviction if the building is not fixed by. If an owner decides not to fix it before the eviction date he will be evicted from the plot without refund whatsoever.

Distric rules.
Every district also enforces specific rules. These rules only count towards the district they are set for and don't count in the other districts.

Under the rules you'll find a map what part of the city falls under which ruleset. This so that you can see which houses and plots have what rules added to them.

Mansion district
1. Mansions are not to be changed when bought. - This rule is also in the general rules but also added here because mansions ARE NOT EVER to be destructed or changed exteriorwise in any way.

2. Mansions are not always bought fully to bedrock. - Down below is a list of houses and mansions that are not regioned to bedrock!
[+] updated13-5
-Jplot5
-Jplot6
-Jplot8
-Jplot8-1
-Jplot10
-Jplot11
-Jplot12
-Suplot12
-Fdplot1
-Fdplot2
-Fdplot3
-Fdplot4
-Fdplot5
-Fdplot6
-Fdplot7
-Fdplot8
-Fdplot9
-Fdplot10

3. Walls around a mansion are not allowed

4. Nature around the house must be kept in pristine state. - The city handles a very strict policy on landscaping. The nature around a house must always be kept!

5. Shops are not allowed.

6. Self designed houses must be approved before building. - Upon request a house may be build by yourself in the mansion (on exception only), these designs must first be approved by the eyesore administration before it may be build in the city.

The suburbs
1. Buildings may not be higher than 2 stories, which is counted as 5 blocks per story including the ceiling. (Roof is not counted).

2. Shops are not allowed

3. Walls around a house are not allowed

4. Suburb houses may be deconstructed and rebuild in another shape or design.

5. Little Venice and all other suburb related districts fall under the suburb rules.

Financial dsitrict
1. Eyesores and rules broken must be fixed within 2 weeks of city staff notifying you of the rule broken - The note will be send me ingame mail and a sign will be put up on the street.

2. An eyesore is a rather unpleasing looking building which will be judged by the city administration. - For more info check the eyesore rules.

3. Bans or inactivity for 2 months or longer will result in eviction.

4. No farms of any kind above ground level.

5. Predesigned buildings may not be changed when bought unless pointed out by city administration.

6. Buildings must be a reasonable height and cannot be unrealistically high. This will be judged by the city amdinistration.

7. No laggy redstone circuits.

8. Basements can not go deeper than 20 blocks from ground level.

9. Owners may not sell buildings using sell signs.

10. Houses, mansions or entire towers can not be rented out. Only apartments in a tower can be rented.

11. The downtown, boulevard and all other highrise districts follow the same rules as the financial district rules.

NOTE: Mansions located in the financial district fall under the normal mansion district rules.

Down below the district list.
In red - Mansion district
In yellow - The Suburbs
In green - Financial district

In light green - Downtown district (Same rules as financial)
In white - Public areas

For others really wanting full proof, here are the screenshots of the in-game rules.
[+] updated13-5

I hope this rule list and explanation provides more insight on how our city is build and how the rules apply. If you're still doubting something make sure mail me in-game or send me a DM in any way, i'll be happy to answer any questions you might still have.
Last edited by d0dleysvrz on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
MonkeyJ.Guy5100 likes this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Re: [Official] DOME City rules.

Postby BaileyVandenbroek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:00 am

Restored the house now can you unblock me ;)

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Unlocked at the request of the original poster

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby d0dleysvrz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Post updated with the new approved finanical district rules!
MonkeyJ.Guy5100 likes this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Postby MonkeyJ.Guy5100 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:50 am

Off topic but dod can you cut away a plot for me in the financial district, about 13x13 buildable area? If not give me a plot about 16x20 and I have an idea
Staff of Puerto Cancun
Owner of MCorp

Postby Marc » Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Topic Unlocked!

Admin marc050301

“This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adherent to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours"

- Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson - Cosmos a Spacetime Odyssey - Standing up in the Milky Way

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:38 am

Bump.
d0dleysvrz likes this post.

Postby BaileyVandenbroek » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:20 am

Hope I'll see Dome city again ;)