Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Cities Medieval Themed City

Medieval Themed City

Medieval Themed City

Postby Medno » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 pm

So, I've mentioned before that I have a nooby city that I bought about a year ago, that I'm now working on fixing up and restarting and I was wondering how people would feel about a medieval city. Whereas most cities on the server have rules that ask for the builds to 'be modern' 'skyscrapers'. A medieval themed city would have rules that prioritise the use of old-fashioned blocks, things such as wood, logs and stone themed blocks, the city would generally sell to more experienced builders, as building in an old-fashioned style is tough, I guess the city would have things like skyscrapers, just built out of different blocks and in a different style, there could be a castle district, (similar to mansion districts) as the city is one of my only valuable (kinda) possessions, I do want to make money from it so that I can work on other projects. It could be interesting to see modern concepts for buildings (shopping centres, skyscrapers, hotels) built in a medieval style, I'm not really into roleplay, but if plot owners wanted to hold medieval style events, I could let them use the city centre if they needed it. If anyone would be interested in buying a plot, (if I were to make this) plot price would start quite low so it would be great to hear from anyone interested and we might (if there's a fair amount of interest) be able to strike a deal.
3 people like this post.
Player since 2015.
Solis City Owner.

Re: Medieval Themed City

Postby Iuoae » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Medno wrote:So, I've mentioned before that I have a nooby city that I bought about a year ago, that I'm now working on fixing up and restarting and I was wondering how people would feel about a medieval city. Whereas most cities on the server have rules that ask for the builds to 'be modern' 'skyscrapers'. A medieval themed city would have rules that prioritise the use of old-fashioned blocks, things such as wood, logs and stone themed blocks, the city would generally sell to more experienced builders, as building in an old-fashioned style is tough, I guess the city would have things like skyscrapers, just built out of different blocks and in a different style, there could be a castle district, (similar to mansion districts) as the city is one of my only valuable (kinda) possessions, I do want to make money from it so that I can work on other projects. It could be interesting to see modern concepts for buildings (shopping centres, skyscrapers, hotels) built in a medieval style, I'm not really into roleplay, but if plot owners wanted to hold medieval style events, I could let them use the city centre if they needed it. If anyone would be interested in buying a plot, (if I were to make this) plot price would start quite low so it would be great to hear from anyone interested and we might (if there's a fair amount of interest) be able to strike a deal.

OMG OMG OMG!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MEDIEVAL GG MEDNO!!!!!

You have made my day, medieval city! Finally, it was about time someone did it!
Yesss!

I will buy a plot if the price per block isn't too expensive (:3)

Thanks,

Iuoae :3
SilverKnight likes this post.
Iuoae - Musician | HelloMiners Entrepreneur

Co-Owner and founder of Sycamore City | Alliance coordinator for the Western HelloMiners City Alliance | Member of the Wilderness Preservation Dept. Management Team

Also CEO of EnderShop, CEO of HelloMiners homeless charity, official HM player helper

Net worth 460k

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Just saying medno, I'm not gonna have you change eyesore rules then destroy my apartment building for a complete other style of building.
I'd GLADLY do it! I could make an inn and everything!
Inactive since 15th of November, 2017. Ripperoni.
Sill active on the forums though! :D

Postby Sweg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

xX_LukePlayz_Xx wrote:Just saying medno, I'm not gonna have you change eyesore rules then destroy my apartment building for a complete other style of building.
I'd GLADLY do it! I could make an inn and everything!

If they change rules it doesn't apply to old plot owners
~Tunnel likes this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old IGN: JenicasSnapchat-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 300k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Owner of: Sigma Corp-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: Valencia-=-=-=-=-=

PC IS BROKEN.

likely won't be on till August 11 on pc

Postby Zyra_bot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Care, some of us may or may not be doing a style very similar already in the works.
2 people like this post.

Postby minininja » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 pm

This sounds like a lot like my ideas for my city (Horizon Falls) where I took the approach of having a classic themed city. I love that more people are taking on themes outside of modernism and hopefully we can see more of it soon!
Sweg likes this post.

Postby Gold___ » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 pm

I have a plot in old Solis, and I'd change it

Player Since March 2016
Ign: Gold___
Current Bal: 39
Host of [Soon to be] 'The Price Is Right'

Postby ~Alex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 am

Id like to say that i know someone currently planning one.
3 people like this post.
Money don't Make itself.

HelloMiners Millionaire ~Alex

ImageImage

Postby benjwu2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:14 am

I feel like a skyscraper with a medieval-looking palette of blocks would look kind of weird though. Otherwise I think this sounds like a good idea.
Creeper Custodian of Public Mine

Postby ~Malamute » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:17 am

I'd like to say omg this is idea is a first butttttt doesn't an old timey city exist...? Not saying it's bad or anything tho jus wondering
Retired player since June 2017!
If you would like to keep up with me, discord: @MrKydron; or instagram: @Foozly720

”but now - The world I knew - will fade away ‘cos today is a turn of the page. And soon, all of my dreams, they will come true they have to, yes when I’m there with you” -S3RL
"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Next