Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? Ban appeal - chickenfarm7 (5) (Birthday edition)

Ban appeal - chickenfarm7 (5) (Birthday edition)

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7 (5) (Birthday edition)

Postby Sir_Binary » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 pm

I want to post this here too because feel like it's needed

well nice to see you came back for a while, it's evidently clear you're not a threat to the server and I don't know why you're still banned after so long for some ip logging (hey lets ban dynmap for leaking my ip in public chat, why don't we?), but yeah.

if any staff are reading and have voted against chickenfarm7 coming back on the server, please search up the definition of a "second chance" because you clearly are incapable of forgiving people. the man has no malicious intent for coming back, and considering the HM playerbase is already quite small you're not helping by continuing this tradition of banning people.

get this man back on the server, put him on probation and if anything new happens, you can permanently ban him (what's he gonna do, ip log the whole server? lmao acting like he'll do it again or something)

isn't the whole point of a ban to be a preventative measure? because quite clearly he hasn't done it again. if there's anyone you should be listening to, it's poiplebear because he was involved, and he too thinks chickenfarm should be unbanned. the man's seeking for freedom, give him it.

Silicon wrote:I think staff are just ignoring u tbh. I've been here for 3 years. I get why they banned you and I agree with them but I also believe that when you screw up. you haven't ruined your life, simply learn from your mistakes and come back strong and apologize. There have been very few times where staff have angered me but this is one of them. He admits that he made a mistake and he says he won't do it again and we don't know that he is lying because he hasn't been given an opportunity to return to the server and correct his mistakes and earn everybody's trust back. Not unbanning him isn't the HelloMiners I used to know.

I want to reiterate this man's point. if you're a staff member that vote against him coming back, shame. you probably just ignore all his appeals without much thought either, you're in a position of power, don't use it selfishly. he's served his time.
2 people like this post.
my last signature looked spammy so uh yeah add my disc at sirbinary#7593 if you want <3

Postby ~Luc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:30 am

Sir_Binary wrote:I want to post this here too because feel like it's needed

well nice to see you came back for a while, it's evidently clear you're not a threat to the server and I don't know why you're still banned after so long for some ip logging (hey lets ban dynmap for leaking my ip in public chat, why don't we?), but yeah.

if any staff are reading and have voted against chickenfarm7 coming back on the server, please search up the definition of a "second chance" because you clearly are incapable of forgiving people. the man has no malicious intent for coming back, and considering the HM playerbase is already quite small you're not helping by continuing this tradition of banning people.

get this man back on the server, put him on probation and if anything new happens, you can permanently ban him (what's he gonna do, ip log the whole server? lmao acting like he'll do it again or something)

isn't the whole point of a ban to be a preventative measure? because quite clearly he hasn't done it again. if there's anyone you should be listening to, it's poiplebear because he was involved, and he too thinks chickenfarm should be unbanned. the man's seeking for freedom, give him it.

Silicon wrote:I think staff are just ignoring u tbh. I've been here for 3 years. I get why they banned you and I agree with them but I also believe that when you screw up. you haven't ruined your life, simply learn from your mistakes and come back strong and apologize. There have been very few times where staff have angered me but this is one of them. He admits that he made a mistake and he says he won't do it again and we don't know that he is lying because he hasn't been given an opportunity to return to the server and correct his mistakes and earn everybody's trust back. Not unbanning him isn't the HelloMiners I used to know.

I want to reiterate this man's point. if you're a staff member that vote against him coming back, shame. you probably just ignore all his appeals without much thought either, you're in a position of power, don't use it selfishly. he's served his time.

Staff is most definitely not ignoring his appeal. As nico stated, we are discussing it right now. As for whether or not someone votes yes or no, they are entitled to their vote given the evidence as well as other surrounding circumstances to his original appeal.

Chickenfarm, we will have an official staff response/decision very soon.
[Technician]~Luc
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019
Engineering Student

Postby Sir_Binary » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:42 pm

~Luc wrote:
Sir_Binary wrote:I want to post this here too because feel like it's needed

Staff is most definitely not ignoring his appeal. As nico stated, we are discussing it right now. As for whether or not someone votes yes or no, they are entitled to their vote given the evidence as well as other surrounding circumstances to his original appeal.

Chickenfarm, we will have an official staff response/decision very soon.

it really feels like some staff just keep voting "no" without caring for his appeals. I'm not saying all of them are. it just feels like it's the same people voting "no" keeping him out, which is a shame. yes, of course all staff are entitled to their vote but surely with that amount of decisive power, they should understand more than one perspective and give him a second chance. it's like cancelling someone for something they did 8 years ago, it's clear they changed, won't do it again, and just silly to cancel them, yet people do it anyways.

hope you guys do end up giving him a second chance, it's why probation exists and as I've said in my other message, it's not like if he comes back he'll ip-log more people or something lmao he probably understands the gravity of his mistakes now (through 5 appeals) and is seeking freedom. staff have the power to decide on that, which is why I'm advising they choose on bringing him back because it seems so far like a majority of the staff are unforgiving, according to the last appeals and potentially this one too. anyway, sorry if I sound a bit harsh, I'm referring to the people who vote on not bringing him back, whether it includes you or not I don't and won't know.
my last signature looked spammy so uh yeah add my disc at sirbinary#7593 if you want <3

Postby ~Luc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi Chickenfarm, staff have voted to unban you with probation. The probation time has not been decided yet, however we will let you know what that is at some point this week. Welcome back.
2 people like this post.
[Technician]~Luc
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019
Engineering Student

Postby chickenfarm7. » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:42 pm

~Luc wrote:Hi Chickenfarm, staff have voted to unban you with probation. The probation time has not been decided yet, however we will let you know what that is at some point this week. Welcome back.

king returns.jpg
king returns.jpg (128.62 KiB) Viewed 193 times

In all seriousness thank you very much. 8 months and 5 appeals later I'm finally back with you lot! :D :D :D :D
2 people like this post.
shit on it

Unbanned after 8 months :D

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £409 (£156 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,046.8h

Postby PoipleBear » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Now you can change ur signature back to a Cosmo bay one :)
Welcome back!
Sir_Binary likes this post.
Known as: Poiple, Piepel, Pie, poip
Net Worth: F1

Postby Sir_Binary » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:26 pm

~Luc wrote:Hi Chickenfarm, staff have voted to unban you with probation. The probation time has not been decided yet, however we will let you know what that is at some point this week. Welcome back.

ayyy you guys finally did ittttt welcome back chicken

Postby Silicon » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16 pm

Glad to see you back, even if it is just a probation. Makes me smile.
Tried and failed to create an apartment building in trongo, got my friend into the business and he did it much better than I did. My long time friend _Grace____ lost contact. Completely anti-swearing.

Those bug deterrent things that you plug in the wall make a high-frequency loud as heck noise that only I can hear, those things are my arch-nemesis.

Hayden.R.Lawrence in Louisiana is the worst school ever.

Postby chickenfarm7. » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:05 pm

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :D

Am I unbanned from the discord too or not? If so could I get an inv, thanks
shit on it

Unbanned after 8 months :D

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £409 (£156 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,046.8h

Postby ~Doodle » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:08 pm

chickenfarm7. wrote:Thanks for the welcomes everyone :D

Am I unbanned from the discord too or not? If so could I get an inv, thanks

HM Gov: https://discord.gg/mTNMdvT
HM ED: https://discord.gg/3ub234D
HM Classic: https://discord.gg/ATtSxCt
WPT: https://discord.gg/Q2dyJcf
City Dept: https://discord.gg/UpZzVUj
IronBall: https://discord.gg/dsfxF4y
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

PreviousNext