Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? Ban appeal - chickenfarm7


Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby chickenfarm7. » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 pm

I had the guilt of accidentally clicking on the link and seeing the publically accesible IP's. There were about 10-15 logged actions there. While a perm ban may be harsh, a ban of 1 year + is in order for the blatant and public posting of a ip logger that he would have had to register and agree to use. While I doubt he was a serial killer trying to get vulnerable men/womens Ip addresses, we cannot find out his intention for if he has used the IP adresses for or if he did.

Chickenfarm, you publically and intentionally released a, while not as malicious as say a trojan dropper or a jpeg exploit, malicious logger that collects IP addresses of a user. These IP addresses can be used for all sorts of nasty things, even some that could get them in legal trouble, including DDOSING via their computers (Though this would be a very rare occurance based on what I think you were doing). You shouldn't have your sentence reduced at all, and if it is then only by a minor amount.

I call that he should stay perm banned as this was blatant post of a malicious service that the users did not know they were opting into. If he cannot stay perm-banned, he should have his sentence reduced to 1-2 years from now.


Clicking an IP logging link does not show you the IPs of other people who have clicked on them, at least not with grabify, so I can only assume that you somehow gained access to the control panel link to view it. Presumably the control panel link was sent to you from me.
If you say you cannot find out my intention's of sending the IP logger, how come the other player's intention who sent the IP logger was found to be "an accident" and they were unbanned?
IP addresses can be used for malicious things, but the point is they weren't
As with the most of your posts, zeek, you have gone against the majority with this one.
And, if I was a serial killer, using someone's IP would be a very ineffective, inefficient way of finding people's locations, as doodle said. I can tell you that I have used an IP locator for my own IP, and it pins it to be a few towns away.
Also, there was no where near the amount of IPs collected as you think, and this is considering that every time a link is sent, a discord bot clicks on it to check it is secure and not a straight up virus, meaning that many bots appear on the list along with around 2-3 players.
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


  • Worth: £444 (£171 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,022.3h

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby chickenfarm7. » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:15 pm

bump
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


  • Worth: £444 (£171 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,022.3h

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby chickenfarm7. » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 pm

bump
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


  • Worth: £444 (£171 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,022.3h

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby chickenfarm7. » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:55 pm

bump
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


  • Worth: £444 (£171 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,022.3h

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby HulloMinrs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:02 am

We're not going to unban you kid, stop bumping it.

You messed up, now take the shit.

Unless you have proven to the admins you were broken into, this is a shitty excuse.
Grinbear9 likes this post.
Hello.

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby chickenfarm7. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 am

HulloMinrs wrote:We're not going to unban you kid, stop bumping it.

You messed up, now take the shit.

Unless you have proven to the admins you were broken into, this is a shitty excuse.


No you're not going to unban me as your not staff, and it is therefore not your decision to make. Its quite ironic how you of all people call me "kid" :lol:

I have already spoken about the theft in my original post.
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


  • Worth: £444 (£171 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,022.3h

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby Cheerios32 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:43 am

HulloMinrs wrote:We're not going to unban you kid, stop bumping it.

You messed up, now take the shit.

Unless you have proven to the admins you were broken into, this is a shitty excuse.

Zeek stop with the backseat moderating, especially in the first person as that makes you sound like a staff member when you aren't.

Anyway, I'll admit I told you to wait a while and then appeal, I was expecting you to wait a bit longer if I'm honest.

Having said that, ignoring for a moment the fact that we don't believe you, did they ever catch this person and/or recover what was stolen?
chickenfarm7. likes this post.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby HulloMinrs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 am

Cheerios32 wrote:
HulloMinrs wrote:We're not going to unban you kid, stop bumping it.

You messed up, now take the shit.

Unless you have proven to the admins you were broken into, this is a shitty excuse.

Zeek stop with the backseat moderating, especially in the first person as that makes you sound like a staff member when you aren't.

Anyway, I'll admit I told you to wait a while and then appeal, I was expecting you to wait a bit longer if I'm honest.

Having said that, ignoring for a moment the fact that we don't believe you, did they ever catch this person and/or recover what was stolen?



I'm not backseat moderating im stating facts, why would be unban someone who's trying to prove that his acts werent him and is continuing to bump his post with the same shit.
Hello.

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby Cheerios32 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:21 am

HulloMinrs wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:
HulloMinrs wrote:We're not going to unban you kid, stop bumping it.

You messed up, now take the shit.

Unless you have proven to the admins you were broken into, this is a shitty excuse.

Zeek stop with the backseat moderating, especially in the first person as that makes you sound like a staff member when you aren't.

Anyway, I'll admit I told you to wait a while and then appeal, I was expecting you to wait a bit longer if I'm honest.

Having said that, ignoring for a moment the fact that we don't believe you, did they ever catch this person and/or recover what was stolen?



I'm not backseat moderating im stating facts, why would be unban someone who's trying to prove that his acts werent him and is continuing to bump his post with the same shit.


We're not going to unban you kid, stop bumping it.


Stop. Any more backseat moderation posts will get deleted.
~Doodle likes this post.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby chickenfarm7. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:Having said that, ignoring for a moment the fact that we don't believe you, did they ever catch this person and/or recover what was stolen?

Unfortunately not, there were no DNA matches from the evidence at the house. However, some stuff was found in the back of a dumped van, but most of it hasn't been found yet, if ever and the stuff that was found wasn't of much value, just my keyboard (as in musical) and a couple other bits.
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


  • Worth: £444 (£171 with sales)
  • Games owned: 59
  • Games played: 54 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,022.3h

PreviousNext