Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Re: Ban appeal - chickenfarm7

Postby MagnusFrost » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:49 am

Hey so, by the way, there are free services online in the right places where you can DDOS people for free, e.g LOIC.

Please refrain from teaching kids how to ddos people thanks
3 people like this post.

Postby HulloMinrs » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:56 am

MagnusFrost wrote:
Hey so, by the way, there are free services online in the right places where you can DDOS people for free, e.g LOIC.

Its a public application that's actually for software load testing, not DDOS-specific. You also need your own webserver if I am correct. Also, that isn't the real name of it ;)
Hello.

Postby MagnusFrost » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:14 am

HulloMinrs wrote:
MagnusFrost wrote:

Its a public application that's actually for software load testing, not DDOS-specific. You also need your own webserver if I am correct. Also, that isn't the real name of it ;)

I completely agree with you. This is just a daily reminder that we are dealing with children that may think it's funny to go and try to download something that may be malicious. (see op's post)

Postby ~Hari » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:53 am

I do believe that a perm ban is harsh. Other people have done this in the past and didn’t get banned at all never mind permanently.

There is so synchronisation its cooperation in the current administration and everybody plays by there own rules. Speaking of rules, they need to be updated with the new introduction of discord as for the moderators on there to not do simply as they please.

Back onto the ban, I have to wonder if it was inline with previous rulings and the current lengthy rule topic. I will provide quotes and examples later as I am on my phone.
~Doodle likes this post.
HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016
Epic owner of Rotoyl Inc - concrete GODS!

Postby chickenfarm7. » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:09 pm

~Doodle wrote:
chickenfarm7. wrote:
StickMan wrote:You weren’t sending direct threats, you were getting private, sensitive info on community members which is worse than ddos imo :?

As far as I'm aware only one person's private info was discovered. Whilst this isn't ideal, nothing happened as a result of it. In comparison a ddos attack ruins the ability of someone being able to use their potentially very expensive PC. Despite this, you are still entitled to your opinion.

You could just change your ip :roll:. Furthermore, unless you are infecting people's pcs with malware which runs malicious scrips behind their back, there's like no chance you could DDoS the server or ruin peoples ability to use their pc because you would need to have several people doing it at the same time for it to be distributed. Even then, you would need to collate a decent upload speed (which like nobody has these days) to bring anything near to overload. Alternatively, just threaten a bot attack.

Yeah, I've got no clue how to ddos someone regardless. I haven't seen any evidence with threats related or unrelated to a ddos anyway.
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £196 (£157 with sales)
  • Games owned: 58
  • Games played: 53 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,002.6h

Postby Tyler15390 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:00 pm

~Hari wrote:I do believe that a perm ban is harsh.

I agree. Perm bans should only be used with alt spamming and the most extreme situations (Like hacking)
Joined 2017

Real estate owner
Builder/designer
Shop owner

“Form ever follows function.” – Louis Sullivan

Postby HulloMinrs » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:20 pm

I had the guilt of accidentally clicking on the link and seeing the publically accesible IP's. There were about 10-15 logged actions there. While a perm ban may be harsh, a ban of 1 year + is in order for the blatant and public posting of a ip logger that he would have had to register and agree to use. While I doubt he was a serial killer trying to get vulnerable men/womens Ip addresses, we cannot find out his intention for if he has used the IP adresses for or if he did.

Chickenfarm, you publically and intentionally released a, while not as malicious as say a trojan dropper or a jpeg exploit, malicious logger that collects IP addresses of a user. These IP addresses can be used for all sorts of nasty things, even some that could get them in legal trouble, including DDOSING via their computers (Though this would be a very rare occurance based on what I think you were doing). You shouldn't have your sentence reduced at all, and if it is then only by a minor amount.

I call that he should stay perm banned as this was blatant post of a malicious service that the users did not know they were opting into. If he cannot stay perm-banned, he should have his sentence reduced to 1-2 years from now.
Hello.

Postby ~Hari » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 am

Someone else posted the logger.. they’re unbanned. What’s different?
HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016
Epic owner of Rotoyl Inc - concrete GODS!

Postby thesterninator » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:47 am

~Hari wrote:Someone else posted the logger.. they’re unbanned. What’s different?

It was ruled in that one that the circumstances were a mistake. The person was discussing what had happened and posted the link to show someone what it was, but did so in open discord. They did not intentionally post it as chickenfarm did with what could be perceived as the same intent.
Grinbear9 likes this post.

Postby ~Doodle » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:18 pm

HulloMinrs wrote:I had the guilt of accidentally clicking on the link and seeing the publically accesible IP's. There were about 10-15 logged actions there.

Correct me - but if I'm mistaken - chicken used grabify, which in that case, you couldn't see what ip's were gained unless you had the control panel link.

HulloMinrs wrote:While a perm ban may be harsh, a ban of 1 year + is in order for the blatant and public posting of a ip logger that he would have had to register and agree to use. While I doubt he was a serial killer trying to get vulnerable men/womens Ip addresses, we cannot find out his intention for if he has used the IP adresses for or if he did.

Again gets to the same debate, ips aren't as accurate as you make them out to be. We can already presume by textual analysis of chickens posts and comments in-game/discord related, that he is not of any age over 16. Again, correct me if I'm wrong on this but it doesn't take a genius to figure he is no threat as he lacks the ability to stalk anyone. Even then, it rarely happens with people who can travel anyway. However, remember the fact that ips do have exploits that can be used, and I'm not correcting those as they are valid reasons to warrant a ban.

HulloMinrs wrote:Chickenfarm, you publically and intentionally released a, while not as malicious as say a trojan dropper or a jpeg exploit, malicious logger that collects IP addresses of a user. These IP addresses can be used for all sorts of nasty things, even some that could get them in legal trouble, including DDOSING via their computers (Though this would be a very rare occurance based on what I think you were doing).

I would like to highlight a few things.
First of all, there is no actual way that you're trying to pass on the fact you can use people's pc's to ddos only from their ip. Like, try to do some research. That is false, no question about it.
Secondly, you have just claimed that chicken here has infected 10-12 community members pc's with malicious code he is going to use to preform DDoS attacks. Are you stupid? There is no evidence to prove this other than your word. Please for the love of god, don't make replies which spread misinformation about the situation. If what you said were true, staff would have put that in the ban report.

All this has done is tried to make the situation look as if it was nothing close to how bad it could be if he hadn't been banned sooner. Putting the idea of an under 16 traveling across the world to find a player who he doesn't have the exact location of is not something people should be seeing. Furthermore, giving the idea he could using their pc's to preform malicious tasks and DDoS'es to other targets by only having their ip is ludicrous.

Come on bro, let this guy appeal and actually read it instead of doing this.
2 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

PreviousNext