308 days

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Re: 245 days

Postby Lin » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Lmao you can bump this garbage all you want but I'm pretty sure staff still won't let you back in.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure

Owner of Chiyoko
Founder of the Discord Moderator Team
First person to do the Unknown Island 2.0!

Postby Multiexplode » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:32 pm

If you were to make a gun/violence threat towards a school, you would be immediately taken out and placed into jail/juvenile detention REGARDLESS of whether it was a joke/serious. Seeing as he had also reported (or supposedly reported) the server to Mojang, his intentions were in the direction of taking down the server. Regardless of his abilities, he had malicious intention.

I do believe (as it seems quite obvious) that he isn't a threat and it's been long enough, but you guys should all be ashamed of yourselves. Are you really turning against staff for banning someone who made threats? The ban wasn't literally for protection against DDoS attacks, it was punishing a player for making malicious threats and showing malicious intention. Argue the time duration all you want, but you guys are acting like Amaido was a victim of a tyrannical/evil staff when he brought this upon himself.

Postby AnonymousUsers » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Multiexplode wrote:If you were to make a gun/violence threat towards a school, you would be immediately taken out and placed into jail/juvenile detention REGARDLESS of whether it was a joke/serious. Seeing as he had also reported (or supposedly reported) the server to Mojang, his intentions were in the direction of taking down the server. Regardless of his abilities, he had malicious intention.

I do believe (as it seems quite obvious) that he isn't a threat and it's been long enough, but you guys should all be ashamed of yourselves. Are you really turning against staff for banning someone who made threats? The ban wasn't literally for protection against DDoS attacks, it was punishing a player for making malicious threats and showing malicious intention. Argue the time duration all you want, but you guys are acting like Amaido was a victim of a tyrannical/evil staff when he brought this upon himself.

Please inform yourself of what happened before making these kinds of comments.

Code: Select all
[10:48:59] [Async Chat Thread - #50/INFO]: <AmaidoGoodman> The following things I am going to say are a JOKE

https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=34121

Postby Multiexplode » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:04 am

Amaido the Feller wrote:Please inform yourself of what happened before making these kinds of comments.
[10:48:59] [Async Chat Thread - #50/INFO]: <AmaidoGoodman> The following things I am going to say are a JOKE

https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=34121

I go back to my initial post as it holds true in its entirety, do you expect the police to not arrest/detain you if you are making jokes/threats? (in extreme cases, its also denoted as inciting violence or fear/terror)

I am not debating the ban time or your ban appeal (as it's been 8 months for empty/joke threats), but merely calling out the people insulting staff for this ban when you knowingly did these things. Do I think you are an actual threat to the server? No. Do I think the initial banning was justified and that you have served your time? Yes. There's very blatant evidence of your understanding of what you were doing and the intent behind it, punishment was served and there wasn't much subjectivity/opinionated bias to staff abuse. It's not "guilty until proven innocent" when you were the one to incriminate/denote guilt upon yourself for something you had no ability to do (staff didn't charge you for DDoS threats/jokes until you decided to make them).

Amaido the Feller wrote: [...] I was banned for making DDoS jokes and reporting the server to Mojang [...]
Camel wrote:
[10:48:10] [Async Chat Thread - #50/INFO]: <AmaidoGoodman> How long is the ban time for jokes?
[10:51:56] [Async Chat Thread - #50/INFO]: <AmaidoGoodman> /r im surprised no one still banned me
[...] He will be able to appeal within 6 months, but seeing as this is his second time he has done this, it is not guaranteed he will be brought back.

Postby AnonymousUsers » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Bump.

Postby chickenfarm7. » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:39 pm

You make a silly joke and get perm banned.. It's really quite stupid. I think staff on this server need to loosen up a little, people are getting banned for ridiculous amounts of times for stupid reasons...
shit on it

Proud owner of Cosmo Bay, CluckWorks and Cosmo Construction
perm banned :F

Postby Lin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:47 am

Chicken it's against the rules to make threats like that, real or not. If you go into an airport and say you have a bomb, you'll get detained and sent to jail on terror charges regardless of if you have a bomb or not. To make a terror threat in the US is a class C felony, regardless of if you mean it or not. The same applies here: Amaido fucked up, he's gonna have to deal with the consequences.

Owner of Chiyoko

Postby PrinceAdam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:34 am

Lin wrote:Chicken it's against the rules to make threats like that, real or not. If you go into an airport and say you have a bomb, you'll get detained and sent to jail on terror charges regardless of if you have a bomb or not. To make a terror threat in the US is a class C felony, regardless of if you mean it or not. The same applies here: Amaido fucked up, he's gonna have to deal with the consequences.

"It should not be hard to understand that a DDoS attack on the server would be very harmful to the server, and would make the server inaccessible to the community. Although FMDIAMOND argues that this was an innocent joke, the server has ZERO TOLERANCE for any threat made towards the server, and given that this is the internet and we do not know the players personally, we cannot trust that "it was just a joke", no matter how long the player has been a member of the HelloMiners community. Whether you are a server veteran or a new player, you are treated with the same standards, especially in situations as serious as this."

What happened to all players get treated the same. I think Amaido should get unbanned. 8 Months is more than the 6 Months FMDiamond got.
President of 2M. Founder of 2M Build, and 2M Apartments.

Postby Lin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:57 am

How many times was FM punished for it though?

Owner of Chiyoko

Postby PrinceAdam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:10 am

I thought this was Amaido's first time threatening the server for DDOs.
President of 2M. Founder of 2M Build, and 2M Apartments.

PreviousNext