Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? My ban time is up. Why am I not un-banned?

My ban time is up. Why am I not un-banned?

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: My ban time is up. Why am I not un-banned?

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Camel wrote:You haven't admitted in any of your appeals of wrongdoing. This shows you still dont understand your ban and obviously how can you change from it if you still havnt accepted it. I could be missing the part where you do admit it but I dont see it in your 2 appeals so if you wanna help me out feel free

Then answer this?

"I admit what I said in front of the kids in the call is not appropriate, I have no interest in arguing the logistics of my ban anymore. I've changed a lot in the last 14 months and I hope that the community and staff can realize that because as my ban clearly states, I need to convince "...staff and the community..."."

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Nova wrote:
Camel wrote:You haven't admitted in any of your appeals of wrongdoing. This shows you still dont understand your ban and obviously how can you change from it if you still havnt accepted it. I could be missing the part where you do admit it but I dont see it in your 2 appeals so if you wanna help me out feel free

Then answer this?

"I admit what I said in front of the kids in the call is not appropriate, I have no interest in arguing the logistics of my ban anymore. I've changed a lot in the last 14 months and I hope that the community and staff can realize that because as my ban clearly states, I need to convince "...staff and the community..."."

because nova man bad
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby Woof__ » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:48 pm

~Luc wrote:
~Doodle wrote:You're young(ish) and everyone else on the call was around you're age within 2 years. You did not talk to "kids", you talked to friends. What you said maybe isn't age appropriate however what do you expect people to do. The fact deitnerb is still mod after breaking several international laws when he recorded the call without telling anyone or getting consent is unbelievable. What was said may be classed as "wrong" but the way the evidence was collected was illegal and you said it yourself, illegally collected evidence cannot be used to support any case. He can apologise but Rodney, this ban is illegal.

This isn’t actually true. In most states in the US (where dietnerb lives iirc) the person recording the call does not need anyone else’s consent to record as long as they are a member of the call (i.e. not wiretapping). That is federal law. That means that it only matters where the recording is taken, not where the other members are located. Don’t use the law as an argument if you do not know the law inside out for the areas in which these players live. It only looks like you know what you are talking about to the people who also are unaware.

Why are we talking about lawyers now, I thought this topic was on the base of being unbanned, and now the it's back to the report whether we think Nova was wiretapping or not. Wiretapping laws are varied wherever you live, whether it's the state you are in, or it can be federal, or there can be no laws at all. The thing is, at federal which makes it illegal states that:

Regardless of whether state or federal law governs the situation, it is almost always illegal to record a phone call or private conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent from at least one party, and could not naturally overhear.

So as previously said, deitnerb did not wiretap, as he was a part of the conversation, unless i'm wrong about the side of the story I had heard. Also i'm pretty sure this is simply called "recording" instead of "wiretapping" since there is actually no way to listen to anyone's conversations without joining a call(if you exclude the "hearing people outside the call" bug)

Postby ~Doodle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Woof__ wrote:
~Luc wrote:
~Doodle wrote:You're young(ish) and everyone else on the call was around you're age within 2 years. You did not talk to "kids", you talked to friends. What you said maybe isn't age appropriate however what do you expect people to do. The fact deitnerb is still mod after breaking several international laws when he recorded the call without telling anyone or getting consent is unbelievable. What was said may be classed as "wrong" but the way the evidence was collected was illegal and you said it yourself, illegally collected evidence cannot be used to support any case. He can apologise but Rodney, this ban is illegal.

This isn’t actually true. In most states in the US (where dietnerb lives iirc) the person recording the call does not need anyone else’s consent to record as long as they are a member of the call (i.e. not wiretapping). That is federal law. That means that it only matters where the recording is taken, not where the other members are located. Don’t use the law as an argument if you do not know the law inside out for the areas in which these players live. It only looks like you know what you are talking about to the people who also are unaware.

Why are we talking about lawyers now, I thought this topic was on the base of being unbanned, and now the it's back to the report whether we think Nova was wiretapping or not. Wiretapping laws are varied wherever you live, whether it's the state you are in, or it can be federal, or there can be no laws at all. The thing is, at federal which makes it illegal states that:

Regardless of whether state or federal law governs the situation, it is almost always illegal to record a phone call or private conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent from at least one party, and could not naturally overhear.

So as previously said, deitnerb did not wiretap, as he was a part of the conversation, unless i'm wrong about the side of the story I had heard. Also i'm pretty sure this is simply called "recording" instead of "wiretapping" since there is actually no way to listen to anyone's conversations without joining a call(if you exclude the "hearing people outside the call" bug)

You got a few things wrong. He was invited as a friend to join, when he did he almost immediately went on mute and as it turns out, he was recording us the entire time.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Woof__ wrote:
~Luc wrote:

When all of the stuff first happened I was told by an admin (who I wont name) that legal action may be taken. So logically I hired a lawyer to see what my options were if charges were pressed. I think your assuming that I meant I was going to sue, no, that was never even a plan. I'll clarify a few points, one party consent means that Dietnerb would have needed to announce he was recording but he does not need consent from any other party. Dietnerb through the duration of the call never talked once. If somebody listens in on a call (which discord is legally registered a talking/texting service under US law) with the only intention to record that call with other people not knowing that is illegal under US wire tapping laws.

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:48 pm

I do not want to argue the legal side or the logistics. Please stop the arguing. What I did was wrong and I am willing to do whatever the staff team needs me to do to prove that I believe what I did was wrong.
Theemy likes this post.

Postby ~Felix » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Camel wrote:
Lin wrote:But, his ban time is up. Unless he is deemed a significant threat on the server then he would stay banned, but his ban time is up and you haven't declared him a threat... And I don't even know if that rule exists on the actual MC server.

He is required to appeal it is a perm ban with chance of appeal. The standard for threats to the server or the players is a perm ban and to be unbanned he most appeal proving he isnt a threat and that he knows he made a mistake and did the very wrong thing

Answer to your own crimes lmao before addressing others.

Postby Camel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Your appeal will be discussed with staff
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Postby ~Felix » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Camel wrote:Your appeal will be discussed with staff

Make sure to discuss your own report as well :)

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:51 pm

Camel wrote:Your appeal will be discussed with staff

Thank you, I was also wondering if I could get the vote numbers again like before? Possibly make them public this time?

PreviousNext