Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? My ban time is up. Why am I not un-banned?

My ban time is up. Why am I not un-banned?

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

My ban time is up. Why am I not un-banned?

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:42 am

I have apologized, given a full testimony saying how I don't do what I did anymore, etc.

"Forsals is considered very likely to repeat his offence. Thus, after his 10.2 months are up, he will have to make a strong appeal convincing staff and the community that he has changed and is ready to come back to the server."

My 10.2 months have been up for roughly 2 and a half months. The day I was meant to be un-banned I appealed and stated how I no longer do what I do but I did state I still find my type of comedy funny. Apparently this wasn't good enough because staff stated that they believed I hadn't convinced them I had changed. To the staff on the server me "changing" is defined as becoming a human being that doesn't laugh at jokes or comedy that is offensive. I admit what I said in front of the kids in the call is not appropriate, I have no interest in arguing the logistics of my ban anymore. I've changed a lot in the last 14 months and I hope that the community and staff can realize that because as my ban clearly states, I need to convince "...staff and the community...".

Sorry if this came off as mean or anything, I'm just a little frustrated I am now being ignored and no official response is being stated. As I not longer have contact with any staff who will actually respond to me I literally have no info on what my ban currently entails. All I know is I was told not to appeal again or I would be banned from the forums, my only question to that is how long must I wait to appeal again? My last one was completely ignored and my first one was defined as not changing.

Thank you.

Re: My ban time is up. Why am I not un-banned?

Postby Camel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:15 am

You haven't admitted in any of your appeals of wrongdoing. This shows you still dont understand your ban and obviously how can you change from it if you still havnt accepted it. I could be missing the part where you do admit it but I dont see it in your 2 appeals so if you wanna help me out feel free
4 people like this post.
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Postby Lin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:20 am

But, his ban time is up. Unless he is deemed a significant threat on the server then he would stay banned, but his ban time is up and you haven't declared him a threat... And I don't even know if that rule exists on the actual MC server.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

I cull the herd, it's what I do.

[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure

Code: Select all
>_Owner of Chiyoko

Postby Camel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:26 am

Lin wrote:But, his ban time is up. Unless he is deemed a significant threat on the server then he would stay banned, but his ban time is up and you haven't declared him a threat... And I don't even know if that rule exists on the actual MC server.

He is required to appeal it is a perm ban with chance of appeal. The standard for threats to the server or the players is a perm ban and to be unbanned he most appeal proving he isnt a threat and that he knows he made a mistake and did the very wrong thing
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Postby Lin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am

Camel wrote:
Lin wrote:But, his ban time is up. Unless he is deemed a significant threat on the server then he would stay banned, but his ban time is up and you haven't declared him a threat... And I don't even know if that rule exists on the actual MC server.

He is required to appeal it is a perm ban with chance of appeal. The standard for threats to the server or the players is a perm ban and to be unbanned he most appeal proving he isnt a threat and that he knows he made a mistake and did the very wrong thing

Care to explain what he did exactly?
I don't remember it 100% as I left the call a few minutes after that stuff started.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

I cull the herd, it's what I do.

[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure

Code: Select all
>_Owner of Chiyoko

Postby gbt2001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:42 am

When it comes to appeals for subjects in this matter, it doesn't take alot to be unbanned as demonstrated by mrnuggly here.

https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=33989&p=337420&hilit=mrnuggly#p337420

All that is needed is an apology and statement that you wont do this again, which results in parole for a set period of time (allowed on server but any ban means you will have sentence reinstated). You have served your time so simply admitting and stating an intent to change which I think you did in this post should be enough.

Camel, can you comment on my appeal along with a few others that have been waiting for a bit?

Postby gbt2001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:45 am

Camel wrote:You haven't admitted in any of your appeals of wrongdoing. This shows you still dont understand your ban and obviously how can you change from it if you still havnt accepted it. I could be missing the part where you do admit it but I dont see it in your 2 appeals so if you wanna help me out feel free

Nova wrote: I admit what I said in front of the kids in the call is not appropriate
FMDIAMOND likes this post.

Postby ~Doodle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:14 am

You're young(ish) and everyone else on the call was around you're age within 2 years. You did not talk to "kids", you talked to friends. What you said maybe isn't age appropriate however what do you expect people to do. The fact deitnerb is still mod after breaking several international laws when he recorded the call without telling anyone or getting consent is unbelievable. What was said may be classed as "wrong" but the way the evidence was collected was illegal and you said it yourself, illegally collected evidence cannot be used to support any case. He can apologise but Rodney, this ban is illegal.
2 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby ~Luc » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:01 pm

~Doodle wrote:You're young(ish) and everyone else on the call was around you're age within 2 years. You did not talk to "kids", you talked to friends. What you said maybe isn't age appropriate however what do you expect people to do. The fact deitnerb is still mod after breaking several international laws when he recorded the call without telling anyone or getting consent is unbelievable. What was said may be classed as "wrong" but the way the evidence was collected was illegal and you said it yourself, illegally collected evidence cannot be used to support any case. He can apologise but Rodney, this ban is illegal.

This isn’t actually true. In most states in the US (where dietnerb lives iirc) the person recording the call does not need anyone else’s consent to record as long as they are a member of the call (i.e. not wiretapping). That is federal law. That means that it only matters where the recording is taken, not where the other members are located. Don’t use the law as an argument if you do not know the law inside out for the areas in which these players live. It only looks like you know what you are talking about to the people who also are unaware.
SidedSuns likes this post.
[Technician]~Luc
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:42 pm

~Luc wrote:
~Doodle wrote:You're young(ish) and everyone else on the call was around you're age within 2 years. You did not talk to "kids", you talked to friends. What you said maybe isn't age appropriate however what do you expect people to do. The fact deitnerb is still mod after breaking several international laws when he recorded the call without telling anyone or getting consent is unbelievable. What was said may be classed as "wrong" but the way the evidence was collected was illegal and you said it yourself, illegally collected evidence cannot be used to support any case. He can apologise but Rodney, this ban is illegal.

This isn’t actually true. In most states in the US (where dietnerb lives iirc) the person recording the call does not need anyone else’s consent to record as long as they are a member of the call (i.e. not wiretapping). That is federal law. That means that it only matters where the recording is taken, not where the other members are located. Don’t use the law as an argument if you do not know the law inside out for the areas in which these players live. It only looks like you know what you are talking about to the people who also are unaware.

I really don't want to argue this anymore but here we go. When all this was going on I actually talked to a lawyer about it (at the time I thought HM was going to peruse legal action considering what they had already done with the other case similar), what I know is that because of where Discord is owned and operated as well as federal law what Dietnerb did was illegal under both federal law and California state law.

I have already gotten an apology for what Dietnerb did and staff have already publicly stated how the evidence was acquired in the wrong way.

Next