Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? (Appeal) gbt2008642

(Appeal) gbt2008642

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby Sweg » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm

This sever seems to have gotten very hostile so I’d like to just say a few things before i start my reply.
I respect the server staff and have no interest in disrespecting or attacking them in this post. I’m attacking your decisions and the reasoning behind them, not you.
Even if not actively playing, I’ve followed and been a part of this community for over three years now and I believe that gives me a decent point of comparison for the things happening in regards to this ban.

The KillAura ban seems generally fair. He used an illegal modification, and even if he did not benefit from it’s use, he still used it.

The duping ban is what I take issue with. A member of staff saw this machine, and did not question it or show in any way that they disapproved. I don’t see how any player would continue to have doubts about the legality of a machine after a staff member looked it over and took no action upon seeing it.
Nowhere in the rules does it say that two staff members must check the legality of something before it is allowed. The rules state that, “When in doubt, ask a staffmember if a mod is allowed”. I believe it would be fair to assume that this principle also applies to GBT’s machine in this case, as it it something that could give him an unfair advantage over other players, similar to the way some mods can.
If a player told a staff member they were using XYZ mod, and the staff member took no issue with it, it would not be appropriate or fair for another staff member to ban the player later that day.
The argument that Oza never actually asked or knew what the machine did is a weak argument. As a staff member, they should have questioned what the machine does and how it functions if they had any doubt as to whether or not it would be allowed under the server rules. As Oza did not see a problem with the machine, or think there could even possibly be a problem with it, GBT reasonably assumes he would be allowed to continue using it.

The machine gives GBT an unfair advantage and should not be allowed, but he should not be punished for it’s use after an authority figure on the server took no issue with it.
7 people like this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Postby natedogg723 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:34 am

I really wonder if staff even read the appeal.. gbt spent hours writing this appeal and has literal proof that he did not break the rule they said he broke, as he DID report it to a staff member.. so what else do you want him to do? theres no specifications on how he has to report it to a staff member and thats the reasoning for the appeal being denied? like come on lol
2 people like this post.
"Work for a cause, not an applause" -Unknown

Postby cmvo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 am

I don’t often get involved with ban issues and such, but this is ridiculous.

If GBT isn’t offered ATLEAST an actual answer as to why this is still in place, preferably unbanned, I’m out.

Thats atleast Nate, me and I’m assuming others gone. Core members of the economy, just like gbt who has literally controlled the economy at points.
4 people like this post.
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Postby 4K606 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:32 am

cmvo wrote:I don’t often get involved with ban issues and such, but this is ridiculous.

If GBT isn’t offered ATLEAST an actual answer as to why this is still in place, preferably unbanned, I’m out.

Thats atleast Nate, me and I’m assuming others gone. Core members of the economy, just like gbt who has literally controlled the economy at points.

staff: "Gbt made an appeal? Huh didnt notice that"

or...

staff "no u"
Owner of SEL
West Helloclan City Manager
Hellominer's City Dept. Offical

Net Worth: F300,000

Postby Sweg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:46 am

Staff- Do you truly believe the server is better off, more orderly, or safer with GBT banned?
I don’t know how you’d answer yes
Sweggy__

Postby natedogg723 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Do you guys even accept appeals anymore? should we even be wasting our time? you guys say you vote on it but clearly the staff is trying to protect themselves instead of helping the community and doing their JOB. So why even try to appeal.. you guys just make up a half assed excuse on why its taking so long just to say no with virtually no reason, because "he didnt report it to staff correctly" is not a fucking reason

Postby natedogg723 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm

natedogg723 wrote:Do you guys even accept appeals anymore? should we even be wasting our time? you guys say you vote on it but clearly the staff is trying to protect themselves instead of helping the community and doing their JOB. So why even try to appeal.. you guys just make up a half assed excuse on why its taking so long just to say no with virtually no reason, because "he didnt report it to staff correctly" is not a fucking
Sweg wrote:Staff- Do you truly believe the server is better off, more orderly, or safer with GBT banned?
I don’t know how you’d answer yes

well gbt did use kill-aura, he did use a hacking client and he deserves that, but i really cant believe they are going to say that gbt didnt report the machine to oza in the right way.. that actually makes no fucking sense, theres no specifications on the rule saying how it needs to be said. And Rod can we please not act like gbt didnt tell oza that it ignores dye costs, it changes the color of concrete powder and changes sand to red sand.. he said exactly what it does???? gbt doesnt know how the machine works either its an ilmango machine? thats like asking me to explain to you exactly how an ilmango stone gen works.. you guys are just trying to save your own reputation now but it honestly just made you guys look so much worse.
Sweg likes this post.

Postby ~Felix » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Don’t bother appealing. Doesn’t matter how much proof you have they don’t care. It’s not about proof anymore, it’s about the staffs personal opinion apparently. They even choose to avoid certain evidence to make their case.... it’s very worrying.

Postby 4K606 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 pm

This is a lesson to you all....
Don't use a hacking client in the first place.
The "duping" machine~that is in staffs judgement but the lesson here is don't use a hacking client in the first place.
Owner of SEL
West Helloclan City Manager
Hellominer's City Dept. Offical

Net Worth: F300,000

Postby Sweg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Yeah i wouldn’t bother defending the kill aura that’s a rule you knowingly broke so it is what it is but the machine thing is bs
Sweggy__

PreviousNext