Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? (Appeal) gbt2008642


(Appeal) gbt2008642

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby ᴘʀɪᴠᴀᴛᴇ ᴄʀɪᴘᴘʟᴇᴅ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:40 am

Don't worry Gbt, only another 300 years until staff respond.


Some random Quotes:

"Grief is the price we pay for love." - Queen Elizabeth II
"Time flies by with a horrible quickness..." - Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna Romanova.
“Get busy living or get busy dying.” - Stephen King

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby gbt2001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 pm

bump

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:27 am

gbt2001 wrote:bump



gl lol
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Image

Image


Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon


Banned until Feb 1st

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby Camel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 am

Hey gbt! Sorry for the long wait we wanted to make sure we got everything right. Anyway after looking through all of your points it has been decided that your ban will remain the same with one exception. You will receive the 20 percent reduction for cooperating with the kilaura ban. I'll break down our reasoning below:

Kill aura doesnt just avoid afk kick. It auto aims onto mobs and kills them which isnt the same as just having a program continuously click for you or holding down on your mouse. Any mods/hacks that's not stated in the rules have their punishment decided by a staff vote. The precedent for this is the printing ban. When http used it staff decided to vote on a 2 month punishment for all printing bans. viewtopic.php?f=298&t=33032&p=329664
In your case staff decided to vote for 3 months and that is now the precedent for all kill aura bans. 3 months is also the general rule for unknown hacks/mods not in the rules but it usually depends on the severity of the mods. With the techie ban we were only able to prove that he was avoiding the afk kick.

For your duping ban you did show oza the machine but you did not one time ever ask him of it was allowed and he was clearly confused by the machine and had no idea how it did what it did.
[CHAT] [Mod ~Oza -> me] yeah but i don't get it

The bans you mention (like molderion) were not abusing glitches in the game like you were. Jcava was abusing his permissions as staff to spawn stuff in that he wanted and same with molderion. Alex was abusing a mistake we made in our job system which is similar to the whole apple situation and we based her punishment off of the apple fine precedent.

You may not have made much money however what you did use is a glitch on the game and here is a quote from the rules that shows the punishment for these glitches.

The Rules wrote:"If there is a glitch with a plugin or aspect of the server that can lead to an unfair advantage for a player, report it immediately to staff. If it is not reported and instead abused for ones benefits, the player the player will be banned based on the duping punishment."


You never reported it to oza and treated it like a potential glitch. You never asked if it was one and confused oza. You showed him the machine and I know first hand that seeing it without context is very confusing.

As for forums your ban was still being finalized and we have been having issues lately with forum permissions. Sorry for the one day delay of the topic.

If you have any more questions about your ban GBT feel free to msg me on discord
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby cmvo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 am

yeouch, rough
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby gbt2001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 am

Why did I even bother to make this appeal? You answered none of the comments I made except with lies which seems to be an occurrence on other posts like developernovas, which you quickly insulted without even reading the report. It seems you looked for the only portion about oza that supports your argument since I am guessing staff don't want to worry about giving my stuff back since you removed and burned stuff prematurely. Here is proof that my accusation about staff in general is true. Just to point out, you called out nova for not saying something that was stated exactly the way you wanted it in the very appeal you were on.

gbt2001 wrote:
Camel wrote:You haven't admitted in any of your appeals of wrongdoing. This shows you still dont understand your ban and obviously how can you change from it if you still havnt accepted it. I could be missing the part where you do admit it but I dont see it in your 2 appeals so if you wanna help me out feel free


Nova wrote: I admit what I said in front of the kids in the call is not appropriate



This one is from today on a separate topic but bringing up the same thing with nova and shows you don't even read the comments made on the appeal. How can anyone trust you or staff read appeals.

Camel wrote:
Nova wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:I was never really friends with nova. He was banned because deitnerb didnt like what he was saying to his friends who were within 2 years of his age. Everything he said was clearly a joke and everybody knows he was banned because staff wanted to get rid of him.


Why do I feel like this is more accurate then it should be? (also to be completely honest with you, I kinda disliked you Fluffy before I actually talked to you on instagram and such, kinda shows how assumptions a lot of times are wrong)

so do you admit what you did was wrong or not? very confusing what appeal do you want us to look at


Wanted to bring this comment up again also considering who it is and their experience.

CommandoBeta wrote:
gbt2001 wrote:I want to point out that this machine was shown to staff in the past (oza) and they shared no problem with it. It didn't seem illegal at all and should not be considered duping.


This seems to be an important aspect to this case that warrants an explicit official reply.

Staffmembers represent the management of the server and play a key role in the enforcement of the rules. Because they are the ones to decide on punishment, they are the main interpreters of server rules.

Because of this, players will look to the staff for guidance on how to interpret the rules. And if a staff member gives a player the reasonable belief that a certain action is in accordance with the rules, then that belief should weigh heavily in deciding if a player should be punished for that action. After all, it seems perfectly reasonable - and desirable - for players to base their actions on what staff let them know about the rules.

Of course, it remains to be seen on a case to case basis whether a player has a reasonable belief that they acted in accordance with the rules. For instance if two staff members contradict each other about a rule, a player can be expected to ask a third, higher ranking staff member their opinion.

Based from what I saw in (the first pages of) this topic, a staffmember saw the machine and said nothing about it being illegal. That seems to be a strong indicator that the player was reasonable in believing that what he did was legal.


As this precedent has shown no evidence of changing, I think commando would know best on this subject, considering he was the one that dealt with the situations with jcava and others. I want to establish as I will again below that there was definitely "reasonable" belief. I also want to bring up I only used it when testing or showing to other players/a mod, not to exploit.

Duping

You never reported it to oza and treated it like a potential glitch. You never asked if it was one and confused oza. You showed him the machine and I know first hand that seeing it without context is very confusing.


The entire log section shows it was reported to oza. While I didnt explicitly ask if it is illegal, the very fact he was shown and given a tutorial like the video but more in depth shows it was seen. He should have at least said don't use it since it is your responsibility as staff to tell us if something is illegal, especially if we are specifically taking time to show it.

[15:49:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> Mod ~Oza] well at least nate can finally make concrete equal cost
[15:49:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> Mod ~Oza] and lower
[15:49:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> Mod ~Oza] since we can ignore dye cost now


This shows he knew what it did, which just confuses me why you would even state that wasn't the case.

As a person who was directly involved in the apple scandal unlike most current staff (excluding richie, kino), it is fair to say this situation is the exact same as that one. I in fact made a post about how mods utilizing the glitch convinced me and other people the apple glitch was legal to use. Oza was shown the machine, how it worked, what it did, and said nothing about not using it or even mentioning it shouldn't be used. The duping rule also concerns all exploits, not just minecraft glicthes. It seems you just want me banned since you don't like my opinions in regards to the server or how I have called you out/complained about your actions specifically along with some other mods. You honestly wonder why veterans quit when you pull stunts like this...

"If there is a glitch with a plugin or aspect of the server that can lead to an unfair advantage for a player, report it immediately to staff. If it is not reported and instead abused for ones benefits, the player the player will be banned based on the duping punishment."


Just wanted to quote this since I showed the machine and used it for testing purposes to show nate, red, and oza, who is a mod and should have called it out. It was used as your very evidence shows to make the equivalent of a whopping 300f.

Killaura

Now, I want to move on to the killaura. It seems you are ignoring your very own precedent you set and you stated a reason

With the techie ban we were only able to prove that he was avoiding the afk kick.


This is an absolute lie. The video shows it was auto casting the line. You also ignored your precedent on nuker, since that was definitely less known than my auto attack mod I used, since the mod I used is widely utilized on hypixel. Also, I only stated it was killaura because that is what richie said. This mod isn't even called killaura and is called auto attack. I didn't realize that staff has the ability to ignore the rules and precedents they set when they feel like it.

I don't want to insinuate bias in this situation, but it is important to bring this up. Ozapenguin had motive to not support me, since he wants ownership of my stuff. I have heard from people on the server he was extremely quick to burn my stuff and other removals that should have been delayed.

If you have any more questions about your ban GBT feel free to msg me on discord


I am not stating this on discord since most times I asked staff questions on the fourms, I was ignored or responded to days later. I am also done trying to do this the polite way since clearly doing that way leads to staff not reading or caring enough. You all had weeks and what you came up with is a cherry picked line and a "we voted" and changed the precedent for me. The precedent as stated and established in the many reports I cited is to equivocate it to a rule. As stated it is an afk mod since it auto killed the mobs. How is that not afk but an auto fishing mod that automatically catches and recasts a line without a mod is.
5 people like this post.

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby natedogg723 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 am

whole staff team is a fucking joke, every single one of you. you guys all needed beta and ran him out :lol: have fun getting shit on by the rest of the community until the server dies because im fuckin out of here
"Work for a cause, not an applause" -Unknown

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby ~Doodle » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am

Wtf beta commented on this topic and you ignored all his points? Staff wtf, get a grip.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image
Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby natedogg723 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm

~Doodle wrote:Wtf beta commented on this topic and you ignored all his points? Staff wtf, get a grip.


exactly lol, this might be the most piss poor response to an appeal which had every reason for him to be unbanned or at the very least not have his account wiped... rod... he literally SHOWED a staff member the machine TOLD THEM that it doesnt need dye to change the color of an object so how tf is that his fault if the staff member doesnt have enough common sense to realize thats wrong? ofcourse hes gonna think its alright if he showed staff and they didnt say anything :lol: this is so funny..such a fuckin joke
"Work for a cause, not an applause" -Unknown

Re: (Appeal) gbt2008642

Postby natedogg723 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:08 pm

natedogg723 wrote:
~Doodle wrote:Wtf beta commented on this topic and you ignored all his points? Staff wtf, get a grip.


exactly lol, this might be the most piss poor response to an appeal which had every reason for him to be unbanned or at the very least not have his account wiped... rod... he literally SHOWED a staff member the machine TOLD THEM that it doesnt need dye to change the color of an object so how tf is that his fault if the staff member doesnt have enough common sense to realize thats wrong? ofcourse hes gonna think its alright if he showed staff and they didnt say anything :lol: this is so funny..such a fuckin joke


he literally did what the rule tells him to do, report it to staff. and the staff member didnt seem to have a problem with it so what the fuck is the problem??
MeowCookie likes this post.
"Work for a cause, not an applause" -Unknown

PreviousNext