My appeal

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 pm

thesterninator wrote:
supermagicalplay wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:I disagree with your post super. Gbts machine in fact does give him an unfair advantage. The machine is different from auto farms as it literally makes an item into another item, so gnat doesn’t have to get ink sacs which are very expensive. Yootay says it clearly in his post. Auto farms don’t just make new items from cheaper existing items. That’s why this is different


Regardless, he was merely testing the machine, and wasn't using it for any advantage.


I wasn't selling crack to kids, I was just doing so as an experiment to show the police which kids were susceptible to drug use.


That is taking it way to far. I get you don't like me, but why do you have to do the most over the top exaggeration which doesn't even discuss the points I made and instead just hits at an old point. I stated my reasoning above and if you have something new to say, just say that. I stated above that a mod approved. I stated above the complete lack of any indication this was illegal on my side (since yootay knew but idk anyone else knowing since I did bring this up to a lot of people a month or so ago and no one had any knowledge this was illegal. I stated above the complete lack of major usage and the pricings of powders and concrete's at whole blocks (which I want to point out so reads far beyond whole blocks since most of the stores in Arch and other places use the idea all concrete is the same price). You aren't contributing at all except making comments towards me and other people. I would be fine if you had an actual point to make like yootay, but you don't. You are just reiterating things already answered or things you already said.

Re: My appeal

Postby PrinceAdam » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:12 pm

supermagicalplay wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:I disagree with your post super. Gbts machine in fact does give him an unfair advantage. The machine is different from auto farms as it literally makes an item into another item, so gnat doesn’t have to get ink sacs which are very expensive. Yootay says it clearly in his post. Auto farms don’t just make new items from cheaper existing items. That’s why this is different


Regardless, he was merely testing the machine, and wasn't using it for any advantage.


Why would someone make a machine to show staff I disagree with that. Maybe resetting GBT's balance is a little extreme but GBT should have never made that machine. Also why would concrete makers be illegal in the future. Concrete makers aren't glitches.
President of 2M, Founder of 2M Gas and 2M Apartments and Hotels. Founder of 2M Build

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:15 pm

To clarify I was testing to show the other owners how it worked along with testing it with the mod that came by to show him also that we had this machine.

Re: My appeal

Postby supermagicalplay » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:16 pm

CoolPaisie101 wrote:I disagree with your post super. Gbts machine in fact does give him an unfair advantage. The machine is different from auto farms as it literally makes an item into another item, so gnat doesn’t have to get ink sacs which are very expensive. Yootay says it clearly in his post. Auto farms don’t just make new items from cheaper existing items. That’s why this is different


Cobble gen: Makes cobble from air with water and lava.

Re: My appeal

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:18 pm

I'm going to keep it simple as I realized that players don't tend to read things and I end up repeating myself a lot :P

  • You are getting a 20% reduction for admitting to using KillAura. You are completely right about that part. The new ban time is 144 days (3 months + 1 month + 40% - 20%).
  • The machine changes the color of the concrete powder. You aren't duplicating any block, per say, but you are changing the color of concrete powder without using dyes. You only needed two of a certain dye to change the color of infinite amounts of powder.
  • Even if you are still standing by that it's not duping, please concentrate your attention to this rule (listed in the ban topic as well):

    If there is a glitch with a plugin or aspect of the server that can lead to an unfair advantage for a player, report it immediately to staff. If it is not reported and instead abused for ones benefits, the player will be banned based on the duping punishment.


    You abused a Minecraft glitch (not like Minecraft made this machine to skip the dyeing process), and abusing glitches gets players the same punishment as duping.
  • The machine is very fast. If you look at just the first 30 seconds of the video you see that. The video is titled "18k/hour". That's 281 stacks of changed concrete with only 2 dye.

    To break it down more. Lapiz lazuli sells for about 1.5F each. That's 26,976F of potentially saved money per hour by skipping the need of the dye.
  • Just because you simply wanted to test it doesn't make this any better. If you want to test something, do it on a single player server. That's like joining HelloMiners with fly hacks just to "test it" and expect not to get banned on the rule you broke.
  • I asked Oza if he ever approved this machine and he said he simply saw it but never understood what it did.
  • The other players in the region aren't banned because they didn't use the machine. Only you did.
  • KillAura is a 3-month ban, just like every other hack except x-ray is. Same thing with jump hacks, speed hacks, etc. When someone uses multiple of these hacks at once, like flying and speed hacks, it gets the same 3-month ban as just fly hacking would alone.
  • KillAura is just as bad as fly hacking, if not worse. With KillAura, you got the ability to make tons of money from the emeralds you were farming. Whereas with fly hacks, someone just gets somewhere faster.
  • Cobble being made from lava and water is an intended feature from the Minecraft creators. This glitch isn't.

I think I covered everything. Let me know if you have further questions.
4 people like this post.
Image

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Re: My appeal

Postby supermagicalplay » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Even if you are still standing by that it's not duping, please concentrate your attention to this rule (listed in the ban topic as well):

If there is a glitch with a plugin or aspect of the server that can lead to an unfair advantage for a player, report it immediately to staff. If it is not reported and instead abused for ones benefits, the player will be banned based on the duping punishment.


gbt was simply building it, testing for a little while, then waiting to show to staff. This was not abuse.

Just because you simply wanted to test it doesn't make this any better. If you want to test something, do it on a single player server. That's like joining HelloMiners with fly hacks just to "test it" and expect not to get banned on the rule you broke.

Flyhacks aren't glitches, and they are already stated in the rules.

Cobble being made from lava and water is an intended feature from the Minecraft creators. This glitch isn't. [/list]

Cobblestone shouldn't be made instantly, as intended by the Minecraft creators.

Cobble gens abuses Minecraft physics.
Mob farms abuses random mob generation.

Like I said before, if gbt did intend to abuse this machine, and was using killaura, he should be banned.

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:36 pm

A mod not telling me it was illegal and oza seeing the machine and not bringing this up to staff that he had questions is definitely something that should be noted. I told him that it changes colors and he saw the machine and I even demonstrated it to him by making a few stacks. Staff should have been notified if it was illegal and should have been dealt with months ago. Also why was this only brought up after I was banned and after I could fix anything? It seems you just wanted to get rid of my stuff again. I was making a report that some people including other players and staff knew about over the unfair treatment of Agora property by staff and managers but I guess that solves everything in that regards.

The killaura is like an afk stone mining operation or afk fishing, since I could stand still and have my sword kill the surrounding stuff. You completely ignored precedent when it comes to the killaura ban which I cited previously since it wasn't factored into tashpools ban. There are reasons for a lot of staff wanting me banned like this and I just don't think how this server is going is right. I have reported things in the past and since they are buddies or simply due to laziness/apathy, nothing happens. I suddenly start defending people for this and I get banned a drastically over excessive amount considering the mod used. Using an afk fishing mod is a hack with profitability higher than this, along with the same perks as exp plus not having to take armor damage (which I had to) but techie gets banned a week. I use an afk hitting mod and I get banned for 3 months. Not to mention the fact that I apologized for using the afk hitting mod since I felt staff would mishandle this ban (which I think they did) since it turns out the only evidence you bothered to cite was a text chat between mods, which has never been enough for a ban, plus searching all my regions and stuff for the possibility of getting me banned for something else that frankly I, nor anyone that knew, nor the majority of the server even knew was illegal.

Re: My appeal

Postby supermagicalplay » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:39 pm

gbt2001 wrote:A mod not telling me it was illegal and oza seeing the machine and not bringing this up to staff that he had questions is definitely something that should be noted. I told him that it changes colors and he saw the machine and I even demonstrated it to him by making a few stacks. Staff should have been notified if it was illegal and should have been dealt with months ago. Also why was this only brought up after I was banned and after I could fix anything? It seems you just wanted to get rid of my stuff again. I was making a report that some people including other players and staff knew about over the unfair treatment of Agora property but I guess that solves everything in that regards. The killaura is like an afk stone mining operation or afk fishing, since I could stand still and have my sword kill the surrounding stuff. You completely ignored precedent when it comes to the killaura ban which I cited previously since it wasn't factored into tashpools ban. There are reasons for a lot of staff wanting me banned like this and I just don't think how this server is going is right. I have reported things in the past and since they are buddies or simply due to laziness/apathy, nothing happens. I suddenly start defending people for this and I get banned a drastically over excessive amount considering the mod used. Using an afk fishing mod is a hack with profitability higher than this, along with the same perks as exp plus not having to take armor damage (which I had to) but techie gets banned a week. I use an afk hitting mod and I get banned for 3 months. Not to mention the fact that I apologized for using the afk hitting mod since I felt staff would mishandle this ban (which I think they did) since it turns out the only evidence you bothered to cite was a text chat between mods, which has never been enough for a ban, plus searching all my regions and stuff for the possibility of getting me banned for something else that frankly I, nor anyone that knew, nor the majority of the server even knew was illegal.


I've just been called an ass for stating facts.

If you did intend to abuse the machine, or did use KillAura, you should be banned.

Regardless, there's no proof of killaura.

Facts are facts.

Things like mob farms are abusing random mob generation.

You should've noted that you were testing the machine clearly, and wasn't using it for profit.

Again, if you did abuse the machine, and was using killaura, I fully support this ban.

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:43 pm

I also want to point out super made a great point about machines in general. By the same principle you argue the powder thing is a glitch, ilmango stone gens are a gltich. They don't work in 1.13 since a redstone mechanic that shouldnt have occured was fixed. That is a "glitch" based on the same principles that a lot of people use.

Re: My appeal

Postby Jupitermax11 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:48 pm

ban him hes saving money :O

PreviousNext