My appeal

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Re: My appeal

Postby Yootay » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:21 pm

We can all agree you are not duping concrete powder... you are duping dye! black ink sack from squid, blue from lapis... expensive dyes...

And its not the type of thing you have a mod approve. You need an admin.

I did that when mesa and red sand was added and it was denied at the time by Beta as it was considered using a glitch. I went thru Marc at the time which first said yes... then no... He should remember that.

Anyway just to clarify your 'appeal'
4 people like this post.
ImageImage

Re: My appeal

Postby supermagicalplay » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 pm

First of, my reply has nothing to do with any opinions against staff, this ban, or gbt.

Clearly, gbt's admitting of using KillAura was to reduce his ban time, and was forced by staff. There clearly wasn't any evidence presented on the ban topic. For all we know, staff never had any evidence from the beginning.

Regarding gbt's machine, according the proof provided by the ban topic, we can see that gbt only used the machine for testing purposes only. For all we know, he built the machine to report this bug. Regardless, exploiting game mechanics are done on a daily bases. Whether it's cobble gen, auto farms, or gbt's machines, they are all not playing the game as intended.

If this rule was enforced:
Duping, exploiting a glitch or plugin to create items, is also not allowed.
All players who owns an autofarm should be banned.

The machine wasn't "duping". According to Google: "Duping refers to the practice of using a bug in a video game to illegitimately create duplicates of unique items or currency in a persistent online game, such as an MMOG." Nothing was duplicated, only changed.

Additionally, as mentioned in the ban topic, gbt only owns that farm partially. If building this gets gbt banned, all players added on the farm should be banned.

Any mod that gives an unfair advantage over players that don't use it is not allowed. That includes Xray, Nodus, and MobRadar, and any other third party clients.
Optifine is also giving an unfair advantage, by taking away lag, and giving zoom to players. If this rule is enforced, the server should be empty.

Again, I don't condone these alleged behaviors, and if gbt did do them, I think he should be banned.
2 people like this post.
Image

Re: My appeal

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:53 pm

I disagree with your post super. Gbts machine in fact does give him an unfair advantage. The machine is different from auto farms as it literally makes an item into another item, so gnat doesn’t have to get ink sacs which are very expensive. Yootay says it clearly in his post. Auto farms don’t just make new items from cheaper existing items. That’s why this is different
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Re: My appeal

Postby thesterninator » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:02 pm

1. if irl I press coal under tremendous amounts of pressure to get a diamond that's not making something out of nothing. that's science.

2. If I get a hand full of chicken bones, close my eyes, and wish real hard and it makes diamonds then I'm a witch.

what gbt did is option 2.

Image
4 people like this post.

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:26 pm

thesterninator wrote:1. if irl I press coal under tremendous amounts of pressure to get a diamond that's not making something out of nothing. that's science.

2. If I get a hand full of chicken bones, close my eyes, and wish real hard and it makes diamonds then I'm a witch.

what gbt did is option 2.

Image


Concrete powder is easily buyable for at the same price for all at whole blocks. Dyes themselves are all farmable excluding lapis on a massive scale, which I never used. I never had a use for the machine as I was not in charge of making concrete. I created and used it for a few tests to show the others I have mentioned and that's really it. As you can see, all my uses were minor and weren't even recent, when I became in charge of certain colors of concrete at Agora, which I used normal dyes for. I have had mods over and even demonstrated it to a mod and it wasn't brought up that it was illegal and should be taken down. I have always fixed eyesores and taken down machines that weren't allowed when it was brought up to me and I asked a mod about it. I took down an auto furnace, powder to concrete maker, etc. in Agora just because a mod said it would be illegal in future months. I didn't even need to do it for months but did it anyways. The idea I used this to make all my money is a lie, and you can tell from the logs it wasn't even enough to come close to filling a single chest.

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:29 pm

I still want to point out that using killaura has had a precedent established with tashpool, and that precedent was that it was mentioned in the ban report and wasn't factored in. Suddenly, I am given a 3 month ban for it when there isn't even a rule for it even after someone had it listed in a ban. This should not have resulted in a 3 month ban and the only reasons I can think of that made my ban beyond reasonable are some I don't want to bring up since I don't want to cause issues.

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:35 pm

CoolPaisie101 wrote:I disagree with your post super. Gbts machine in fact does give him an unfair advantage. The machine is different from auto farms as it literally makes an item into another item, so gnat doesn’t have to get ink sacs which are very expensive. Yootay says it clearly in his post. Auto farms don’t just make new items from cheaper existing items. That’s why this is different


For 1 I had to place it, and 2, I used it for testing purposes. Look at the logs, this wasn't chronic usage and was made to help out another owner of Agora, who idk if even used it since he still used normal dyes and was incredibly tedious to do when you can just buy powder from whole blocks at the same price or simply use the stock gained from our dye farms, squid farm, and our sell shop. It took to long and if we use whole block prices again, there is no difference in prices.

Re: My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Yootay wrote:We can all agree you are not duping concrete powder... you are duping dye! black ink sack from squid, blue from lapis... expensive dyes...

And its not the type of thing you have a mod approve. You need an admin.

I did that when mesa and red sand was added and it was denied at the time by Beta as it was considered using a glitch. I went thru Marc at the time which first said yes... then no... He should remember that.

Anyway just to clarify your 'appeal'


You make a good point, except how was I supposed to know this? This has never been stated to me and simple mod approval is good enough since it can be brought up with other staff including admins if need be. There also was no post or anything about this being illegal.

Re: My appeal

Postby supermagicalplay » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:40 pm

CoolPaisie101 wrote:I disagree with your post super. Gbts machine in fact does give him an unfair advantage. The machine is different from auto farms as it literally makes an item into another item, so gnat doesn’t have to get ink sacs which are very expensive. Yootay says it clearly in his post. Auto farms don’t just make new items from cheaper existing items. That’s why this is different


Regardless, he was merely testing the machine, and wasn't using it for any advantage.
Image

Re: My appeal

Postby thesterninator » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:01 pm

supermagicalplay wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:I disagree with your post super. Gbts machine in fact does give him an unfair advantage. The machine is different from auto farms as it literally makes an item into another item, so gnat doesn’t have to get ink sacs which are very expensive. Yootay says it clearly in his post. Auto farms don’t just make new items from cheaper existing items. That’s why this is different


Regardless, he was merely testing the machine, and wasn't using it for any advantage.


I wasn't selling crack to kids, I was just doing so as an experiment to show the police which kids were susceptible to drug use.

PreviousNext