My appeal

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

My appeal

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:48 pm

First off, I want to state I am fine with a ban. However, the ban for duping is absolutely pathetic. It isn't duping to change the color of powder since it takes an input of powder to get an output.

I want to point out that this machine was shown to staff in the past (oza) and they shared no problem with it. It didn't seem illegal at all and should not be considered duping. The machine works by pushing one color powder into another powder whichs results in color changing. It is slow and I barely used it since the machine wasn't even made for me. Also, 2 other people are added to that farm, but I dont see their ban report for duping.

I also want to point out the previous person banned for kill aura was banned 3 months for flyhacking. 3 months seems excessive considering what it does and especially considering it wasn't factored into any additional ban time for tashpool.

I just want to say I am sorry again but I find this excessive.
4 people like this post.

Re: My appeal

Postby thesterninator » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:11 pm

[+] quote
gbt2001 wrote:First off, I want to state I am fine with a ban. However, the ban for duping is absolutely pathetic. It isn't duping to change the color of powder since it takes an input of powder to get an output.

I want to point out that this machine was shown to staff in the past (oza) and they shared no problem with it. It didn't seem illegal at all and should not be considered duping. The machine works by pushing one color powder into another powder whichs results in color changing. It is slow and I barely used it since the machine wasn't even made for me. Also, 2 other people are added to that farm, but I dont see their ban report for duping.

I also want to point out the previous person banned for kill aura was banned 3 months for flyhacking. 3 months seems excessive considering what it does and especially considering it wasn't factored into any additional ban time for tashpool.

I just want to say I am sorry again but I find this excessive.

OOF. Way to throw your business partner under the bus...
4 people like this post.

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:14 pm

I am not throwing them under the bus. I am stating something that helps with my appeal. I am not throwing people under the bus and I don't want to. I am citing a staff member. I don't want to throw mud.
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby CudleyNubles » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:19 pm

Gbt you should take your time and make a real long appeal. This entire ban is completely unreasonable. Number 1, Regardless if you admitted it or not staff don't have to prove that you actually used kill aura. They banned you and then made you admit you used it in order to get evidence which is completely stupid. On top of that, the apparent ban for duping isn't really duping its just a glitch in the game. An account reset is completely irrational. The most similar situation to this is when Jcavalier5 used world edit for personal uses such as stocking his shop and building his city im pretty sure. In that situation, jcav was creating blocks out of thin air yet he didn't get his account reset. Even so, staff can see how much sand GBT put into the machine, Why not fine him for the amount he put in there instead of getting rid of everything. Regardless staff need to rethink this ban as there is no video evidence and an account reset is completely irrational.
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:21 pm

I do want to point out the definition of duping when referring to games.

In computer games, dupe or duping refers to act of a player tricking the game and generating a duplicate of another item

And to point out I am not simply selecting a definition

A duplication bug (dupe bug) is a video game bug that replicates a valuable gaming element or gaming currency.

Having powder change colors is harmless especially given the effort involved as well as the fact that whole blocks sells powder the same price for all powder anyways. Sand and red sand is also the same prices at most stores.

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Also I want aware it wasn't filmed. Maybe because it isn't as amazing as it sounds. I simply hit things around me with my swords. I still took damage from the mobs the same way I did without using it.

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:26 pm

Also I will add more to this later. I am at a swim meet and I can't get to my computer, but felt I needed to respond since I know many staff would be more than happy to get rid of my stuff again.

Postby thesterninator » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:40 pm

General rules
Minecraft is a very open game, which means there are many things that can be exploited. Using exploits or glitches is not allowed in our servers. Duping, exploiting a glitch or plugin to create items, is also not allowed. With regard to mods, we have a simple general rule. Any mod that gives an unfair advantage over players that don't use it is not allowed. That includes Xray, Nodus, and MobRadar, and any other third party clients. When in doubt, ask a staffmember if a mod is allowed.

I agree that you weren't duping but you were exploiting a glitch and while you weren't exploiting it to make items you were using it to change items and in that affect making something out of an item it wasn't intended for. Duping may be the wrong vernacular but the rule was still broken in the same way imo.

Also the killaura mod, reasons not withstanding, does in fact give you an advantage of doing the same actions as other players but with fewer button clicks or attention. Yes, you were using it because your finger hurt and you were trying to watch tv but the same could be said for any mod like auto-fishing ones or x-ray. ex. "I didn't feel like digging all over the place and i was going to clear the area anyway so x-ray didn't help me very much even though I used it." regardless of the reason it's still violating the same rule.

Also if you'd had waited to see what was being done or asked questions then maybe you wouldn't be in the situation of having outed yourself in your previous post. I think things would have gone a lot differently had you not made that post blatantly saying you used the killaura mod, for example the staff would be without one more piece of damnable evidence. 5 and a half months is a bit extreme but the math does add up imo.
3 people like this post.

Postby gbt2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Cooperation supposibly gives 20% decrease in ban time also and since your evidence relied solely on me saying sorry. If anything though, kill aura should be viewed like an afk ban, since it isnt an abuse similar to fly hack or x-ray. What I mean is it involved less involvement with the game at hand. That would categorize as an afk, not a fly hack.

Postby ~Doodle » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Changing colour of dyes isn't duping, or exploits, such as making a concrete power go half way between 2 blocks to make a really cool effect in designing, also isn't exploiting or duping. Cooperation should have had a 20% reduction of the final total should be 134.4 days instead.
3 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Next