Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova


Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby hmslanders » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:30 pm

ZeekHM is actually correct on what he said but I thought we all acknowledged a long time ago that Ben recording us was illegal? If you check my last ban appeal I believe even Spartan agreed with that. Even single person consent has to be announced out loud. Ben muted his mic and recorded us without any consent which is clearly breaking federal and California state law punishable up to five years in prison and a $250,000.

I'm really not here to argue but when admins start to disagree with federal and state law it bugs me a lot. Hello Miners doesn't want to admit one of their staff broke a United States federal law because they can be held legally responsible which you can view here.
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... 29638.html

If Hello Miners claims he isn't an employee then under Canadian Law no staff member on Hello Miners can issue an action to prevent someone from using a public service.

I'd also like to bring up the fact that Hello Miners is a public service and under Canadian law it legally can't restrict someone to their service unless that person breaks the terms of service. The same applies in the United States and is the same reason why Google and YouTube can't restrict a users access unless they break their terms of service or rules.

Again, I'm not interested in bring any legal matter into this put I'd suggest you guys do some research on the facts.

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby hmslanders » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:41 pm

~Satan wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:
~Bloom wrote:
No, but sexually suggestive language towards a minor can be brought up within many countries as a breach of the law.



even between two consenting minors? i dont think any country would actually care, neither should staff. This is like meeting someone at school, then you two going back home to one of your bedrooms/private space and talking about something hardly sexual but your mum is stood listening at the door and instead of telling you to stfu they tell your school and tell them to expell you.


There is no such a thing as consenting minors. Consent can only be given by adults.


So then when two minors have sex it's rape? I don't think that's how it works. Minors can consent to things to a certain extent but a lot of times these are case to case scenarios and the laws are applied on the certain things after they go to court. It's a little hard because there is no reported case of this certain scenario meaning Ben is either in the right or the wrong. It's really a gray area regarding the online thing. What I was told is typically if a minor is recorded against their own will it is dismiss-able in court if tried to be used as evidence in a crime or case. This has actually peaked my interest so I might do a little more research and email a lawyer again regarding it.

Keep in mind this is for the United States and California specifically, not Canada.

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby hmslanders » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm

One major thing I'd like to clarify. Pressing legal action is and never was planned. All I am doing is laying out the facts since Strange wants to argue with the legal standing. I didn't want this to turn into an argument but the admins automatically have to make it that don't they? I really don't get it.

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Nova wrote:We'll keep this short and simple. I've changed, I no longer do and say the things that I said and did in the past.


Funny you say that as about a month ago you said this:

Nova wrote:I was banned for comments that I made in a discord call, in all honesty I haven't changed, I still make comments like I did and if you can't handle that I don't know what to say. I am greatly inspired by youtubers like Fitz (I suggest you check his content to see what I mean) and I would love to make dark humored offensive content like him and his friends. My issue with everything in this whole situation is that the people who I was saying stuff towards had no issues with my comments, they were people who I considered friends. I'm sorry if you don't like my personality and the fact I say offensive stuff but that gives you no right to ban me on Hello Miners. Because I'm a trump supporter and I express my views on Twitter does that mean I get banned as well? I suggest you learn who I am as a person before you draw your conclusions on me, I would love to get into a call with any staff member and tell them my exact point of views and opinions on certain things regarding Hello Miners or anything in that regard.


So, one month ago you were adamant on not ever changing, yet now you have? Clearly, you're lying -- though that isn't something new.


Nova wrote:I feel I shouldn't be banned as what I did isn't clearly stated as being against the rules. If what I did was stated in the rules I 100% should have been banned for around a year but no more than a year makes sense to me. Currently we're sitting at about 11 months.


I didn't know we had to make a rule saying "don't sexually harass players you met on the server" had to be in the rules. It should be pretty clear. Common sense.


For those who are unaware on what he said, I direct you to this post.

You will not be unbanned because you are a threat to our players. You have made players feel unsafe on this server now three times. For this reason, you are not welcomed back and we have every right to keep you away from the people you have harmed.

I'm not going to say that the moderator who recorded the call was in the right. That is why the recording was never published. Though, that doesn't mean you suddenly are immune from being banned. The server has every right to ban you for whatever reason we'd like, and we think you sexually harassing players is a great reason to keep you banned.

If it wasn't clear in this post, or the dozens of posts I made previously, unban request denied.

Requesting topic lock. Requesting user to be banned on forums if they continue to create unban requests on bans that have been decided on time and time again.
Image

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby Gerhard » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:57 pm

No offense spartan but youre going way too far. He has every right to post an unban request, because you admins have used personal reasons over logical reasons.
2 people like this post.
Historic Advisor of HelloClan City
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Image
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby hmslanders » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:
Nova wrote:We'll keep this short and simple. I've changed, I no longer do and say the things that I said and did in the past.


Funny you say that as about a month ago you said this:

Nova wrote:I was banned for comments that I made in a discord call, in all honesty I haven't changed, I still make comments like I did and if you can't handle that I don't know what to say. I am greatly inspired by youtubers like Fitz (I suggest you check his content to see what I mean) and I would love to make dark humored offensive content like him and his friends. My issue with everything in this whole situation is that the people who I was saying stuff towards had no issues with my comments, they were people who I considered friends. I'm sorry if you don't like my personality and the fact I say offensive stuff but that gives you no right to ban me on Hello Miners. Because I'm a trump supporter and I express my views on Twitter does that mean I get banned as well? I suggest you learn who I am as a person before you draw your conclusions on me, I would love to get into a call with any staff member and tell them my exact point of views and opinions on certain things regarding Hello Miners or anything in that regard.


So, one month ago you were adamant on not ever changing, yet now you have? Clearly, you're lying -- though that isn't something new.


Nova wrote:I feel I shouldn't be banned as what I did isn't clearly stated as being against the rules. If what I did was stated in the rules I 100% should have been banned for around a year but no more than a year makes sense to me. Currently we're sitting at about 11 months.


I didn't know we had to make a rule saying "don't sexually harass players you met on the server" had to be in the rules. It should be pretty clear. Common sense.


For those who are unaware on what he said, I direct you to this post.

You will not be unbanned because you are a threat to our players. You have made players feel unsafe on this server now three times. For this reason, you are not welcomed back and we have every right to keep you away from the people you have harmed.

I'm not going to say that the moderator who recorded the call was in the right. That is why the recording was never published. Though, that doesn't mean you suddenly are immune from being banned. The server has every right to ban you for whatever reason we'd like, and we think you sexually harassing players is a great reason to keep you banned.

If it wasn't clear in this post, or the dozens of posts I made previously, unban request denied.

Requesting topic lock. Requesting user to be banned on forums if they continue to create unban requests on bans that have been decided on time and time again.



You clearly didn't read the reason my opinion changed so I'd like you to do that.

You're very incorrect on your statement, Canadian law states that a public service can only restrict someones access if they break their terms of service. You can not ban for whatever reason you like.

We need a public staff vote with names removed or a public vote with names removed. You're a one man dictatorship when this should be a republic. Release the vote numbers is all I ask.

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby KennethDev » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Nova wrote:You're very incorrect on your statement, Canadian law states that a public service can only restrict someones access if they break their terms of service. You can not ban for whatever reason you like.


1. This isn't a Canadian server.
2. You can ban someone from a Minecraft server for whatever reason you'd like. You own it, it is yours to do with as you please.
3. smh
~Bloom likes this post.
CEO of MojoPay

HM Player since 2015

[+] Quotes
While discussing voting crates:
"That's not an economy roleplay server, that's a social security roleplay server." - Beta

"its a tough farm to pull on this pos server" "let the lag speak for itself :P" - Yootay

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby hmslanders » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:10 pm

I forgot to add this to the last post but I am still confused who I sexually harassed? Nobody in that call reported anything.... You can't even provide an answer to that in private... "for the users safety we can't" literally Doodle was in the call, everyone was making jokes. You have the logs, you know what I said, you know what the other 4 people said. Can you just shut up on your bullshit Spartan? I'm sick of it.

Hello Miners is so dysfunctional you can't even assign correct staff roles on the forums or update to 1.13. Like it's crazy to me how much of a dictatorship this has became. Staff used to be players that were trusted with permissions and more responsibilty and now staff are treated as separate from the player base. The most active and wise people are those who should be staff. Not all staff should be some sjw white knight pansies dude. I'm sick off it, your personal bias is crazy Spartan.

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby hmslanders » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:14 pm

KennethDev wrote:
Nova wrote:You're very incorrect on your statement, Canadian law states that a public service can only restrict someones access if they break their terms of service. You can not ban for whatever reason you like.


1. This isn't a Canadian server.
2. You can ban someone from a Minecraft server for whatever reason you'd like. You own it, it is yours to do with as you please.
3. smh


The server is hosted in Canada making it follow Canadian laws. Hello Miners isn't classified as a private entity but rather a public one. Do the rest of the research on your own.

Re: Ban Appeal. Forsals/DeveloperNova

Postby ~Satan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:18 pm

Nova wrote:
KennethDev wrote:
Nova wrote:You're very incorrect on your statement, Canadian law states that a public service can only restrict someones access if they break their terms of service. You can not ban for whatever reason you like.


1. This isn't a Canadian server.
2. You can ban someone from a Minecraft server for whatever reason you'd like. You own it, it is yours to do with as you please.
3. smh


The server is hosted in Canada making it follow Canadian laws. Hello Miners isn't classified as a private entity but rather a public one. Do the rest of the research on your own.


You do realise what public means, right?

Image
~Bloom likes this post.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info

PreviousNext