Ban appeal

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Ban appeal

Postby mrminer02 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 am

I was banned over three hours ago for 24 hours with the reason being "Trolling" and "Attempted Grief".

First off, I would like to apologize for all the actions that lead up to my ban. However, I believe that what I did should not have justified a ban.

To explain the alleged "attempted grief", my plot in the city of Archendale, arch92, had recently been eyesored. My plot had been eyesored because I needed to do more to the interior of the building along with adding more lighting. This was the second eyesore to my plot in recent months. I had thought that I had fixed the issues mentioned in the eyesore notice, but the eyesore had not been removed after I had thought I fixed my building. I had become frustrated at the fact that not only was my plot still classified as an eyesore, but that it was also the second time my plot had been eyesored in the past few months. This frustration lead to me placing a single bucket of lava onto my Archendale plot as a way to demonstrate that I was unhappy with the eyesores and as a smart-aleck way of showing that I had enough light sources on my plot. I did not keep the lava on my plot for a long time; my intention was to show this to WEATHER2DAY and then remove it. WEATHER2DAY, however, did not like this display at all and immediately reported it to the mods online. I had removed the lava source from my plot by the time the mods had arrived, but the lava had not yet disappeared completely.

[+] Logs of attempted grief
Irrelevant logs have been removed.
Code: Select all
[18:17:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] We're watching where you place that lava.
-This is when I place the lava
[18:21:14] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> What are we doing here mrminer02?
-Ravenmoon01 shows up first, I had already removed the lava at this point
[18:21:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> waiting for the lava to go away
[18:21:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> Your lava seems to be flooding into the street ☺
[18:21:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> yes but it wont be once it's gone
[18:22:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> it's almost all gone
[18:22:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> just wait
[18:22:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> ok it's all gone ☺
[18:22:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> wait
[18:23:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> ok now it's all gone ☺
[18:23:10] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> like my plot?
[18:23:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> Lovely.
[18:23:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> yay
[18:23:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> WEATHER2DAY doesn't seem to think so
[18:23:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> he has it eyesored
[18:23:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> are you all here for the archendale expansion?
[18:25:17] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> Quick question mrminer02
[18:25:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> Why exactly are you spilling lava over the side of your building?
[18:25:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> to add more lighting
[18:26:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> as it says on my eyesore
[18:26:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> though, I would agree, it is an extreme and immature way of adding more lighting
[18:26:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> from an unfair eyesore that I don't deserve
[18:26:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> Did you not know that it would flow off your plot and into the street?
[18:26:55] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> and onto the plots next to ^
-The lava did not reach the plots around it except for my own and only stayed on the street; there was no damage whatsoever
[18:27:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> it didn't
[18:27:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> just the road
[18:27:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> It did.
-It did not
[18:29:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> can my eyesore be removed?
No more regarding the lava placement had been brought up. About 13 minutes had passed between the confrontation with staff and my ban. 13 minutes is definitely too long to decide whether or not to ban a player.

I decided to review the server's rules regarding grief. Directly from the server rules, I was able to find clear punishment details for committed grief, but there was nothing in the server rules mentioning attempted grief.

[+] Rules on griefing
Greifing:
We decide in which of five greifing categories the destruction can be placed. A scale one griefing means that only a few blocks are damaged, category five means that one or multiple large structures have been destroyed (nearly) completely. The punishments for the categories are:
Category 1: a 5 day ban
Category 2: a 20 day ban
Category 3: a 1 month ban
Category 4: a 3 month ban
Category 5: a 5 month ban

After having found nothing in the server rules detailing attempted grief, I went to the Ban List on hellominers.com to search for bans for attempted grief. I inputted several different variations of grief attempts into the topic-search bar, including attempting to grief and grief attempting. I could not find any bans involving grief attempts, which makes me believe that my ban is unjust.

Along with the alleged grief attempting, I had also been banned for trolling. Though I do admit to trolling in the chat, I do not believe that the necessary and correct actions had been taken by staff before banning me.

[+] Logs of trolling
Irrelevant logs have been removed. Swear words have been censored
Code: Select all
[18:30:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> archednal lowkey has a bad airport stall
-This is when I would say the trolling began
[18:31:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Baz> i think it looks good
[18:31:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Reibcat> yea no where are their tickets lol
[18:31:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Reibcat> oh duh
[18:31:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <KidG7> FIRST ever arch ticket :D
[18:32:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> Stand at plots you with to buy and I will unlock the sign!!
[18:32:55] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> DON'T SPEND A DIME ON AN ARCHENDALE PLOT UNTIL MY PLOT IS UNEYESORED!!!
-I was still very frusterated by my Archendale plot eyesore
[18:32:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ASmallPriceToPay> how much would a plot cost?
[18:33:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> The prices are listed on the plots ㋡
[18:33:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Slubstitute> ASmallPriceToPay WEATHER2DAY told me 5k
[18:33:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> DON'T SPEND A DIME ON AN ARCHENDALE PLOT UNTIL MY PLOT IS UNEYESORED!!!
[18:33:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <TLG_lost> arch196 is gonna be my plot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[18:33:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <KidG7> WEATHER2DAY's city is great mrminer02
[18:33:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> ON'T SPEND A DIME ON AN ARCHENDALE PLOT UNTIL MY PLOT IS UNEYESORED!!!
[18:33:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> mrminer02 I hope you don't intend to spam that ☺
-I listened to Ravenmoon01 and did not spam my message
[18:33:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ASmallPriceToPay> arch197 probs mine
[18:33:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> I wont
[18:33:40] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ASmallPriceToPay> it says to be auctioned
[18:33:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ASmallPriceToPay> lol
[18:33:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <TLG_lost> ima bid like 40k
[18:33:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] * mrminer02 is now AFK.
[18:34:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> Unlocking sell signs now!
[18:34:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] * mrminer02 is no longer AFK.
[18:34:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> DON'T SPEND A DIME ON AN ARCHENDALE PLOT UNTIL MY PLOT IS UNEYESORED!!!
-This message is a said a whole minute after my previous message
[18:34:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <TLG_lost> it looks so weird without any buildings
[18:34:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Slubstitute> WEATHER2DAY
[18:34:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> yes Slubstitute?
[18:34:44] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Slubstitute> i cant buy a plot ☹
[18:34:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Slubstitute> i found a cheap nice one
[18:34:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> good
[18:34:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> I am coming Slubstitute :D
[18:35:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> I found a free plot in archendale
-This is referencing my plot, arch92
[18:35:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> Just stand at the plot and I will be there ㋡
[18:35:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ASmallPriceToPay> WEATHER2DAY
[18:35:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> and now it's f****** eyesored
-The first time I use profanity
[18:35:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ASmallPriceToPay> I found a plot i want
[18:35:14] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> alright im coming :D
[18:35:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> DON'T SPEND A DIME ON AN ARCHENDALE PLOT UNTIL MY PLOT IS UNEYESORED!!!
[18:35:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Oza> caps
-I listened to ozapenguin here and removed all the caps from my message
[18:35:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> ok
[18:35:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <ASmallPriceToPay> this one right here
[18:35:28] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNoodles> mrminer
[18:35:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNoodles> whats wrong with ur plot?
[18:35:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> nothing
[18:35:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNoodles> what "wrong" with your plot then
[18:35:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> but the eyesore hasn't been removed
[18:35:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> "lighting and interior"
[18:36:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <TLG_lost> woah archndale has a staudium now
[18:36:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> who gives a s*** about the inside?
-This is referring to my eyesore, again
[18:36:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNoodles> just fix that quickly lol
[18:36:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> I did
[18:36:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> WEATHER2DAY can't take a second to see that it's fixed
[18:36:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> I am a bit busy mrminer02
[18:36:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> and I am not
[18:37:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> don't spend a dime on a plot in archendale until mine is uneyesored!!!
-As I had said, I remove the caps from my message
[18:37:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Slubstitute> why plots are little bit more expensive?
[18:37:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> 17F per f****** block
[18:37:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> Hmm...
[18:37:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <KidG7> Ravenmoon01 I used to always hate u but if u do this Ill love u
[18:37:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] pokemonwarriorx left the game
[18:37:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> Slubstitute the plot prices are based off the size of the plot
[18:37:55] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> Its F17/a block
[18:38:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> or I could give you one free
[18:38:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <TLG_lost> wait does the expansion not connect with the old archndale
[18:38:28] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> It does :D
[18:38:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> no
[18:38:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> There is a tunnel :D
[18:38:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <TLG_lost> oh lel
[18:38:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> don't spend a dime on a plot in archendale until mine is uneyesored!!!
[18:38:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> mrminer02 your extremely rude and deserve a mute or even ban for what you have done in Archendale
[18:38:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> but you're not a f****** mod
-At this point, I had had it with all that was going on in Archendale and my eyesored plot. WEATHER2DAY's comment only made it worse
[18:39:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> But I am.

[18:39:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> oh no
[18:39:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> warn me please
[18:39:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> spare my soul
[18:39:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> ill leave now if you dont punish me
[18:39:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~T90X27> No no, do stay.
[18:39:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> no
[18:39:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <WEATHER2DAY> The Archendale expansion is now open! Be sure to check out the new tunnel that leads to the Financial District of Archendale!
[18:39:40] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> im leaving
[18:39:44] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <mrminer02> f*** archendale bye
-After this message, I had left. I had tried joining back later only to find out I had been banned after I left.

Once again, I decided to look at what the server rules were about chat related offenses. Here is what I had found.

[+] Rules on chat offenses
Chat related offenses:
For chat-related offenses, players will be warned twice (or warned and kicked) before they are banned. If the offenses are of a very serious degree, a player may be banned without warning. The bantime per serious offense (usually a severe insult using profanity) is one day of ban per violation.
If a player receives 4 warnings within 3 days time in the Warnings plugin, they are banned for 1 day. A bantopic will not be made for these bans.

At no point had I been explicitly warned or kicked by staff and I do not believe that anything that I had said was "very serious", as defined in the rules. The only message I said that I would consider an insult was when I told WEATHER2DAY he was not a mod, but I would still not consider that severe.

After reviewing the logs and server rules, I am convinced that my actions did not justify a punishment as severe as a ban. I hope that staff take the time to look over my ban appeal and agree that I deserve a lighter punishment.

Thank you,

mrminer02
ViHQ likes this post.
Oyster Cove is currently on over 1 million forsals of land!!
Oyster Cove official topic here: viewtopic.php?f=286&t=28964

Re: Ban appeal

Postby Dylad » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:28 am

LOL
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2.5 Years
Fmr. OQIL Commissioner

Postby thesterninator » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:40 am

you were also warned that you'd get muted and banned to which you were very passive aggressive as if it were a game. You ended the conversation saying you were leaving and left with a "f*** Archendale" I believe. The logs you'd provided also dont show that you were spamming over and over every minute or so "DON'T SPEND A DIME ON AN ARCHENDALE PLOT UNTIL MY PLOT IS UNEYESORED!!!" I'd say you said it about 6 times prior to being told to stop by staff to which you did and then baited staff into muting you. you were warned several times as far as I'd seen by both staff and regular players. In my opinion your 24 hour ban is justified. also it's 24 hours just take the bullet dude.
Dylad likes this post.

Postby mrminer02 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 pm

thesterninator wrote:The logs you'd provided also dont show that you were spamming over and over every minute or so "DON'T SPEND A DIME ON AN ARCHENDALE PLOT UNTIL MY PLOT IS UNEYESORED!!!" I'd say you said it about 6 times prior to being told to stop by staff

The logs I provided show all instances of me saying that message. They are unchanged and show that I was not spamming. And technically, I had not been clearly told to stop by any staff.

thesterninator wrote:you were warned several times as far as I'd seen by both staff and regular players. In my opinion your 24 hour ban is justified. also it's 24 hours just take the bullet dude.

Staff had told me not to spam my message or to use caps, which I listened to by removing all caps and increasing the time between messages. At no point was I warned that I had to stop or that if I continued that I would be banned.

Can a staff member please look at this now?

Postby thesterninator » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:46 pm

regardless, you were trolling. Purposefully and with intent to harm someone else's lawful financial gain. You can twist it all you want into saying you were "technically" not asked to stop, but you were clearly told of the consequences. You were told you would be muted or even banned and you followed that with a F*** Archendale which seems an awful lot like you going out of your way after being told of the consequences to pull, what professionals would call, a dick move.

Also, yes you did stop with Caps after being told to, good for you. Doesn't change the fact that whether you are screaming it or whispering it slander is still slander. You had intent which where I'm from can sometimes be just as bad as the commitment of said crime. Also there's only a few hours left on your ban, move on and learn from your mistakes. You made them, no one else.

Postby ~Bloom » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Maybe this will teach you to grow up. Hopefully you realize that we don’t put up with this behavior. Now take your punishment before it does any further damage to your reputation.

CEO of WonderWorld Parks & Resorts. Hellominers Largest Theme Park Project

Check out our forum topic!
https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=34296

Networth 5.4 Million

Postby mrminer02 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:35 pm

Bump. I am still awaiting a response from staff.

Postby ~Weather » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:47 pm

The fact you did this minutes before our grand opening of the major expansion shows you intended to harm Archendale and it's reputation. I might not have immediately reported this to staff if this hadn't happened before. If anything, the ban stays but really, imo it should be longer. This is a repeat offense...

Postby cmvo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:48 am

imagine crying about a 24 hour ban lol
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:38 am

cmvo wrote:imagine crying about a 24 hour ban lol

lel can u imagine it either
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016