The Truth

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

The Truth

Postby hmslanders » Wed May 22, 2019 8:05 pm

Hello,

Though you may not realize this Spartan has lied to you all.

He is now accusing me of asking for inappropriate photographs which never happened at all, you can ask anyone in the call Anon, Ember, Jazzy, all of them will say I never asked any of them for nudes or anything of the nature. In the call I said dumb stuff like "Can I have feet pics" but these logs were taken very out of context, everyone in the call knew this was a joke as asking for feet and earlobe pictures was an over exaggerated thing meant to "meme" people that actually ask for nudes. No sexual advances were ever made and I find it very disgusting that Spartan would accuse me of that at all. I was also accused of racism which I could partially see happening, I say very stereotypical stuff as very dark humored jokes which I could see being taken as racist but I can assure you I have no issue with any race.

In the log sheet I was sent it only includes what I said in the call making everything look worse then it actually was. It literally makes it look like I was the only one saying offensive stuff when in reality it was multiple people having a conversation where we all were saying stuff. Please don't take this as me trying to blame anyone for anything, some of the stuff I said shouldn't have been said but if you ask if I regret it I would say no.

Another thing I find funny is how they wont tell me who I "made sexual advances" on, they wont tell me who I "shared explicit photos" to, like they are accusing me of stuff yet they can't even tell me who I did it to? That makes no sense at all. In all honesty I think the staff team is making stuff up so I stay banned and it's disgusting. Nothing they accused me of happened and I encourage them to give proof to what I did because I literally did nothing of the sort.

I have not lied one time throughout all of this but Spartan seems to lie in everything he says, he is super biased in all of this and frankly shouldn't be the one handling this. The staff team shouldn't even handle this one, they are truly biased against me and that means I will never be un-banned. If the player base was to vote on this issue I presume I would be un-banned. In all honesty having the player base vote is better because they are the ones who are "harassed" and made "feel un-safe" by me.

I will admit in my time of this server I have made some mistakes and have been immature but to accuse me of what they are accusing me of is a next level thing. I also don't understand what you mean by this stuff was reported by "numerous players" when there was only like 10 people in the whole discord? To my knowledge I never posted anything to the text chat of discord and only a select few people ever joined the voice call. The only time the discord was ever even advertised on the server was when we were reading fan fictions.

For you to even suggest I asked any of those girls for nudes is honestly disgusting as I literally preach against that type of stuff and have severed relationships with people in the community because they do what you are accusing me of. Literally check my Twitter, Instagram, Music, anything and you will see that.

Another point that you failed to mention is that Jazzy, Anon, Ember, Jakers, and Hydrolight all said on my original ban appeal that I didn't deserve to be banned in the context of the platform in which I was being vulgar. This whole time you have treated your allegations as facts and have not said they are allegations.

"Coming onto a discord chat (once again, the chat was based around HelloMiners, shared on the HelloMiners server, and populated with HelloMiners players) and then proceeding to say inappropriate comments that made players feel uncomfortable and in danger (i.e. calling out players asking to join actions revolving around sex)"

Based on this from Spartan I honestly feel like you're kind of stupid. THE SERVER WAS NOT BASED AROUND HELLO MINERS, what do you not understand about that. The server was made to avoid the 10 member group chat limit on discord.... On that server we played all sorts of stuff, not just Hello Miners. Yes, there was HelloMiners players in the server but that doesn't mean it's some third party HelloMiners discord. If a user at any point felt uncomfortable or in danger they could have left or asked me to stop yet that never happened, I'm not a mind reader. We all know I was saying offensive stuff in that discord call, that isn't a secret but accusing me of asking any user for sex is just insane, I really don't think you proof read any of the stuff you're saying. It's all lies.

Also, did anyone notice how Theemy's post got 5 likes yet no one who liked that post liked Spartans? I think this is another sign the player base is against what you're saying Spartan so you literally has to slander me to make me look bad so that you can get the player base on your side.

"I would also personally like to address some of your other comments made as you seem to not be clued in on what the Bill of Rights actually is. The Bill of Rights is a list of rights you have that the Federal Government (most of them also started to be applied to State Governments as well throughout history, though not all) cannot infringe on. That means you are free to say what you like (as long as it does not break Justice Holmes "clear and present danger" rule). However, you have no freedom of speech in regards to anyone or anything that is not the Government. If you walk into a park owned by a private school and start protesting, they can ask you to stop and to leave. You have no freedom of speech or freedom of assembly on private property. This server is also private property. You do not have freedom of speech here, hence the rules. However, you also don't have freedom of speech on this server as this server is not in the United States."

Good to see we're on the same page in regards to this, this does mean you have no right to limit what I say on discord though... if I said vulgar stuff on the server I deserve a ban... not discord though. Since you're so knowledgeable about the law I hope you'll address the fact that it was illegal for Ben to un-knowingly record the voices of the users in that chat.

Spartan, I truly hope whatever your going through in life gets solved. I believe god will do the right thing. I put my faith in him. I know this was kinda long but I think I got everything out that I needed to, keep in mind a lot of this is very out of order.
My Request:
I request a statement from Spartan addressing what actually happened in that call WITHOUT SLANDER. I also request a different person to type up the response and actually address everything I said. I put them into chunks for you so hopefully it's more easy. Hopefully you guys can come to your senses and release the logs from the call that you sent to me so people can draw their own conclusions. Thank you.

I have already accepted I likely wont be un-banned and I'm fine with that but I wanted to get my side of the story out there. I'm just still a little blown away that an admin would even do something like that. It's just crazy to me. I would also like to thank anybody that actually did their research and came to the conclusion that the staff are in the wrong here.

Hopefully not but this thread will likely be deleted and I may even be banned from the Hello Miners forums for this but I had to get my side out there as staff have a very frequent habit of locking threads right after they slander people. Censorship?
3 people like this post.

Re: The Truth

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm

whats ur ig?
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby hmslanders » Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:whats ur ig?

I think it's in my forum thing on my profile but if not you can find it at "@dymforreal"
2 people like this post.

Postby ~Satan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Ah yes, it's a full moon again, it's time for the bi-monthly forsals rant again.

Sad to see you haven't changed.

So for starters, funny that you think that the community wants you back, I recall the latest topic you made to be rather controversial and people calling you out on your bullshit.

I don't see the use to entirely go past every point you make and debunk it again but let's keep it simple shall we?

Let's say you're a parent of a 12 year old and you find your child chatting with a stranger about sexual topics / writing sexual fanfics. Would you see that as harmless and let your child continue? Unless you're stupid you'd know the answer is definitely no. You'd be freaked out and make sure that your child doesn't get in touch with that stranger ever again.

Now to translate the analogy, you're the stranger that talks / jokes about sexual stuff (and I can't stress this enough) with 12 year olds. Staff here is the parent, wanting to protect the child and thus removing your ability to connect with the 12 year old.

What you did was wrong and I understand you're young yourself as well, your prefrontal cortex needs it's fair share of growing as well I suppose. However, until you acknowledge that what you did was wrong, you shouldn't be on this server.

Also for the love of God, stop citing things like the Bill of rights, it's frankly getting annoying.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info

Postby Ferd_Fairlane » Wed May 22, 2019 9:41 pm

I just don't understand. Admins this was clearly a joke. From your own actions you treat the game and discord separately. We have different mods on the server as well as the discord server. It feels like admins are in fact twisting this in their favor. Plus this was not in a hellominers related server. You cannot punish someone for something that is not in your domain. This makes as much sense as the USA arresting a Portugal citizen for possession of drugs inside Portugal.
2 people like this post.
1 Fair Lane Dr, Dearborn, MI 48128

#I'mwithbeta

Postby hmslanders » Wed May 22, 2019 9:48 pm

So it has came to my intention that before my ban Ember and others were contacted by Missile. From what was told to me Missile accused Ember of lying about what happened in that call so that staff could push the narrative I was a predator. I mentioned this in private so I'll mention it here as well. The only thing I regret was being mean to Ember. Regardless of that me and her are still friends which is something that the staff team don't want to admit because again, they are pushing a narrative. I don't care about being un-banned anymore but I can't stand being slandered and told I did something I never did. All I care about now is making sure I'm still on good terms with Ember and Anon which I am, that's all I care about now.
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby Ferd_Fairlane » Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 pm

~Satan wrote:Ah yes, it's a full moon again, it's time for the bi-monthly forsals rant again.

So for starters, funny that you think that the community wants you back, I recall the latest topic you made to be rather controversial and people calling you out on your bullshit.

I don't see the use to entirely go past every point you make and debunk it again but let's keep it simple shall we?

Let's say you're a parent of a 12 year old and you find your child chatting with a stranger about sexual topics / writing sexual fanfics. Would you see that as harmless and let your child continue? Unless you're stupid you'd know the answer is definitely no. You'd be freaked out and make sure that your child doesn't get in touch with that stranger ever again.

Now to translate the analogy, you're the stranger that talks / jokes about sexual stuff (and I can't stress this enough) with 12 year olds. Staff here is the parent, wanting to protect the child and thus removing your ability to connect with the 12 year old.

What you did was wrong and I understand you're young yourself as well, your prefrontal cortex needs it's fair share of growing as well I suppose. However, until you acknowledge that what you did was wrong, you shouldn't be on this server.

Also for the love of God, stop citing things like the Bill of rights, it's frankly getting annoying.

Funny how you are on every ban topic is it not? And you always argue against it. First off the recording of another without asking is morally wrong. Secondly are you mini-modding? You do not speak for the community. I believe that the community should speak for itself instead of you stifling the community, by blocking their opinions. The one who speaks the loudest is not always morally right.
3 people like this post.
1 Fair Lane Dr, Dearborn, MI 48128

#I'mwithbeta

Postby ~Doodle » Wed May 22, 2019 9:51 pm

I would like to pass a few comments on the matter as I was also in this call.

Spartan, you have only offered transcripts of the conversation yet at the time, the entire occupants of the call were being told they can have it if we all agree to it being sent to each other. I think saying context doesn't matter in this situation is generally a bad attitude to take given if you can be banned for being a threat to the server, such as having the ability to DoS anyone at anytime, surely discussing such matter could be taken as a threat against the server and the players should be banned immediately! Ender was the only on that declined. On that basis, could Nova be given access to the full recording taken and if permission is gained by Ender, can we all be sent the recording like agreed to at the start.

Secondly, I can back up, no photos or anything was sent to anyone in the duration of the call, even then, it is not staff's concern what people are doing in their private life. Simply asking as a joke for feet pics is not sexual harassment in any world and cannot be used as evidence to ban someone for sexual harassment! There has also been a lack of evidence proving any sexually explicit content being exchanged to unwilling members of the community which I think Nova should at least be able to see.

Another point I'd like to highlight is Deitnerb's invitation to the group. At the time, Jazzy valued Deitnerb as a good friend and accordingly was invited to have a conversation about current issues we were all facing. When Deitneb joined, he had all the time in the world to say, Nova, stop it, you are sexually harassing me and to leave to call YET, he stays on mute and records all of us with no permission or knowledge of it happening.

After doing some research into the country's we live in and by asking, in person, people who enforce laws in these situations, the recording was made illegally and the bearer had no right to do so. If this was to be taken to some form of international hearing, the person who took the recording could come up with a large fine or a 6 month jail sentence for breech of privacy in unsanctioned recording of unwilling people. Just as if you don't want to be recorded and uploaded to YouTube, the owner of the footage cannot upload the footage if the people on it make a problem about it. YouTube would have the video taken down almost instantly. The problem in this situation is the admins in this case are not understanding these laws and human rights we bear on our own privacy and are not acting upon it due to the fact they feel they don't want a player to be part of the community they are in. These are close to breeches of human rights, just as China's surveillance system is. These things are illegal to do and breech the human rights on privacy. If you want more detail on this, PM me as I am writing on this topic to contribute to pass one of the exams I am taking.

Finally, I'd like to bring up a video which is an amazing example of how this situation is going and why it happened in the first place. It is by Johnathan Pie, an English comedian who covers a lot of controversial topics. In this case, he is talking about Mark Meechan (Count Dankula) who was taken to court because he made his girlfriends dog make joke in the most mocking way towards the Nazis. Be warned, the video does have some mild language: https://bit.ly/2VHOZUV. From this video I'd like to point out a few things he mentions. It was joke Nova made, everyone in the call found it funny yet it's banable to ask someone to send you feet pics. If you keep taking bits of the illegally taken recording and use it in individual words and make it seem extreme, what do you think the response is going to be? Many jokes were made to which everyone found funny yet it seems like that is irrelevant given somebody on mute who had every chance to leave found it offensive and decides to piss of here and make a big deal about it. If you are going to start banning people for having dark humour, why don't you ban everyone who has gone through a global disaster, seen things they can't unsee because they use dark humour to steer away from suicide.

The recording of a friends call to which everyone was in and having a laugh for someone to overhear and can't take the fact our humour and way of communicating is slightly different to theirs, then use it to ban someone for sexual harassment and then keep the rest of staff on their side? This is utter bull and I seriously see how so many people leave and don't come back. Events like these were you can be banned for making any joke at all that somebody takes offence to just proves how unjust staff can be. It links into irl problems, there is no longer freedom of speech and if any person takes offence or can't handle it, it's not their fault anymore. So on this basis, let me sum up what I'm saying:

• The recording was taken, invading the individuals on the calls, human rights
• Deitnerb had every chance to leave the call or make a protest about what we were discussing yet he never took it
• Real life occurrences should not be taken into the virtual world.
• Private life is now being taken into a game which is for having fun and meeting new people
• We cannot make any jokes in case someone so desensitised to reality takes offence and makes it our problem
• The evidence is significantly lacking and every person in the call should be given the chance to hear the recording due to them being on the call before making a decision to weather they are comfortable with the recording of them being taken

Before we finish, I'd like to quickly point out I swear I saw an admin say they were changing the rules so if something happens on discord, you can't be banned in-game and on the forums. I think the same should be taken into account in situations such as real world to virtual just like Icy's ban. Unless sexual harassment happened on server owned property, outside events should not have any bearing on punishments on the server.
3 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby hmslanders » Wed May 22, 2019 9:53 pm

~Satan wrote:Ah yes, it's a full moon again, it's time for the bi-monthly forsals rant again.

The thing you don't realize is that me, Anon, and Ember got more personal than you realize, to clarify, NOT IN A SEXUAL WAY. We all were very good friends. Banning me literally didn't stop me having contact with them at all. Also to clarify, no one was 12.

I understand what I did was wrong to some extent but not everything.

I never cited the bill of rights, that was Spartan.
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby Theemy » Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 pm

I agree, there's so much misinformation around your ban.

The discord group where this took place had no relation to Hello Miners, despite the fact that the majority of the participants were members of Hello Miners also.

The first reason this whole thing is bs is that everything that happened in that call was lighthearted, there was no harassment and absolutely no intention to do so.

Secondly, this whole situation has been twisted around with misinformation BY moderators and it is completely unprofessional and dishonest. I don't get how a 15 year old boy jokingly saying 'send feet pics' could cause you to think that they are a 20 something year old man asking for explicit pictures.

Thirdly, I am still disgusted that moderators snuck into a call between friends and recorded it, twisting it and using it against Nova.

This whole situation is a mess and it's pretty clear that even if Nova doesn't deserve an unban (which in my opinion you do) the moderators dealing with your ban dealt with this using bias and misinformation.

Spartanpride7 wrote: - As for you nova, you need to just be quiet. It is absolutely absurd you are thinking this is ever okay. Why in the world do you, a supposedly 20+ year old, think it is okay to talk with children about sex and then share sexual images. Something must clearly not be clicking for you if you think that is okay in any way.

Reality: A 15 year old sent some ironic fan fictions to a group chat, As well as a scientific diagram of a penis. This whole situation is bias and stupid.
5 people like this post.

Next