Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? Appealing my Ban


Appealing my Ban

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Appealing my Ban

Postby hmslanders » Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Hey,

I was perm-banned with the chance to appeal after 306 days, today marks 306 days.

In light of recent events in my life I've decided to be truthful within everything I do and say so I really don't know what to put into this appeal. I'm not going to lie just to get un-banned as that's pointless.

I was banned for comments that I made in a discord call, in all honesty I haven't changed, I still make comments like I did and if you can't handle that I don't know what to say. I am greatly inspired by youtubers like Fitz (I suggest you check his content to see what I mean) and I would love to make dark humored offensive content like him and his friends. My issue with everything in this whole situation is that the people who I was saying stuff towards had no issues with my comments, they were people who I considered friends. I'm sorry if you don't like my personality and the fact I say offensive stuff but that gives you no right to ban me on Hello Miners. Because I'm a trump supporter and I express my views on Twitter does that mean I get banned as well? I suggest you learn who I am as a person before you draw your conclusions on me, I would love to get into a call with any staff member and tell them my exact point of views and opinions on certain things regarding Hello Miners or anything in that regard.

In about a year I am enlisting into the military to defend the right to say anything that anyone wants to say and I will die for that, if you don't respect that or don't believe in that you aren't American and in my eyes have no right to be in this country.

In all honesty typing this out makes me a little emotional, I really can't fathom how staff try to limit a right given to me by my country which thousands of people have died for, borderline disrespectful.

As well, if you think I'm trying to pull the moral card I'm not, this is my honest opinion on everything and how I see it.

Whatever you choose I'll accept, I know god will do the right thing so I'm at peace with this.

Kindest Regards,
Garner
3 people like this post.

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby hmslanders » Fri May 17, 2019 10:36 pm

One thing they clarified in my ban topic is who I was "sexually harassing", they told me that I sexually harassed Ben (dietnerb), so take that into account, IT WAS NOT A WOMAN. I would never say anything sexual towards a woman and I never have. God says to be faithful and at that time I had a girlfriend, there is no way I would have done anything like that.
2 people like this post.

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby ~Doodle » Fri May 17, 2019 10:54 pm

I actually support this appeal, not on the basis the things said were right but the fact deitnerb recorded the entire conversation without anyone's knoelagable or permission to which staff the used it as evidence to ban someone and refused to share it to the ones in the recording unless everyone agreed they wanted access to it. Sexual harassment is something different to death threats, if this was a recording of threats made on someone else's life seriously, this ban would be suitable but making jokes about gay things on a private discord call with friends isn't perm-banable. For only the reasons I mentioned above, I support this appeal.
4 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image
Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby StickMan » Fri May 17, 2019 11:36 pm

Nova wrote:In about a year I am enlisting into the military to defend the right to say anything that anyone wants to say and I will die for that, if you don't respect that or don't believe in that you aren't American and in my eyes have no right to be in this country.

In all honesty typing this out makes me a little emotional, I really can't fathom how staff try to limit a right given to me by my country which thousands of people have died for, borderline disrespectful.

I DIDNT CONSENT TO BE BORN IN THIS COUNTRY :cry:
2 people like this post.
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2015

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: StickMan#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby hmslanders » Fri May 17, 2019 11:48 pm

~Doodle wrote:I actually support this appeal, not on the basis the things said were right but the fact deitnerb recorded the entire conversation without anyone's knoelagable or permission to which staff the used it as evidence to ban someone and refused to share it to the ones in the recording unless everyone agreed they wanted access to it. Sexual harassment is something different to death threats, if this was a recording of threats made on someone else's life seriously, this ban would be suitable but making jokes about gay things on a private discord call with friends isn't perm-banable. For only the reasons I mentioned above, I support this appeal.


I still have never gotten the recording, to this day.

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby hmslanders » Fri May 17, 2019 11:50 pm

StickMan wrote:
Nova wrote:In about a year I am enlisting into the military to defend the right to say anything that anyone wants to say and I will die for that, if you don't respect that or don't believe in that you aren't American and in my eyes have no right to be in this country.

In all honesty typing this out makes me a little emotional, I really can't fathom how staff try to limit a right given to me by my country which thousands of people have died for, borderline disrespectful.

I DIDNT CONSENT TO BE BORN IN THIS COUNTRY :cry:


I was just a little mad and disappointed while writing that. In all honesty I believe everyone has the right to live in this country even if we disagree on certain points of view. I just don't believe in censorship or taking away american rights.
~Arctic likes this post.

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby cmvo » Sat May 18, 2019 7:00 am

100% support his unban. I think its ridiculous you can get banned. If it was truly sexual harassment and was taken seriously, staff should have permanently banned with no appeal. If you're going to punish for sexual harassment, either go full-bore or not at all. Looking forward to having you back.
2 people like this post.
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby Theemy » Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 am

I completely agree with this appeal.

I still think it's absolutely shameful that moderators joined a discord call from a discord server which had no relation to hello miners, and recorded the whole conversation without anybodies consent. And proceeded to use it to ban you.

How your ban was handled was extremely unprofessionally too, there were lies made up to make you out to be older than you are, and even a predator?

When I saw you banned that day I lost a lot of respect for the staff team, I've never seen a situation where the staff slipped up like that again in my opinion, but it still happened, and you deserve to be unbanned.
5 people like this post.

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby hmslanders » Sat May 18, 2019 8:33 pm

cmvo wrote:100% support his unban. I think its ridiculous you can get banned. If it was truly sexual harassment and was taken seriously, staff should have permanently banned with no appeal. If you're going to punish for sexual harassment, either go full-bore or not at all. Looking forward to having you back.


I actually agree with this. If someone is truly sexually harassing any gender I believe it should be a permanent ban with no chance at appeal, that's certainly how we treated it while I was working in the Roblox community and Minecraft Bedrock community where it is dominantly 10-12 year old kids or younger. The comments I was making in the discord call if made on Hello Miners should have been a perm-ban, but they weren't. It was in a call while we were playing Hypixel, not Hello Miners. They essentially are saying you can be punished for actions you take in real life.

I believe in due process but not a process where staff vote on my ban when they are all biased against me excluding a few. I make this suggestion to the staff team, let the players vote on the ban as well. Lay out all the information from both sides and let people choose on their own if I should be un-banned because in the end it's the players who have to deal with me in the community.

Re: Appealing my Ban

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Nova:

Thank you for your appeal. Staff have discussed this and have decided that you will not be unbanned. Before I explain why you will not be unbanned, I'd like to first explain the nature of your ban in the first place. It seems most people jumping in here are severely mistaken on what really occurred.

For a refresher, here is a link to the ban you are appealing. You also had another sexual harassment ban before that. That ban details have already been PM'd to you when it happened, and is not public to protect the victim's requested privacy. Then there is this ban for racism. And, finally, here and here are your other two bans that were, thankfully, not related to sexual harassment or racism. So, you have been banned a total of five times, with three of the five making players feel severely uncomfortable and unsafe. In addition, you have received 17 warnings, 5 mutes, and 1 kick.

Anyways, the day you have banned you, as mentioned in the ban report, you were in a Discord server based around HelloMiners with filled entirely with HelloMiners players. Additionally, the Discord was spread around in chat to many players the day of this incident. Now, we have an environment where there are dozens of players from the HelloMiners server, in a group based around the HelloMiners server, and shared through the HelloMiners server. Then we started to receive numerous reports of highly inappropriate, and even illegal, things being said by you. I'm not going to go too much into detail as they are truly disgusting. Though they involve the sharing of inappropriate photographs, racism, and sexual advances to other players. Might I also remind you that most people on this server, and in that discord group, are minors. That means, by most countries laws, they are to be protected more than anyone from sexual harassment. As when it involves a minor, it is no longer simply the (already illegal) sexual harassment.

So, once we started recieving these reports, Deitnerb did go in to begin recording. You did, in fact, receive a transcript of this conversation when you were first banned. I'd be more than pleased to send it to you again if you seemed to have misplaced the first one. The original audio will not be released to protect the other voices in the conversation.

The things being said in that chat were highly inappropriate, made numerous players feel uncomfortable, and also illegal. Since you made it very clear that you are from the United States, and clear that you do not understand most of the ways its Government, laws, and even the constitution work, here is the definition of sexual harassment from the United States:

Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.


While what you did may not have happened in the server, the server is obligated to respond. If a player feels threatened by another player that both met on the server, the server has to take action to protect the victim. When you say demeaning, inappropriate, and haunting things to young people that you met on the server, us not responding and taking appropriate action would cause us more than moral and ethical issues, it could involve the law and courts. So yes, when you break laws, especially when directed to other players you met on the server and in an environment surrounded by the server, we will respond and we will protect our players. The security and safety of our players come before all else.

Now, I'd like to discuss why we are denying this appeal. First of all, you show absolutely zero remorse for any of the actions you did. You also clearly stated that you are still the same:

Nova wrote:I was banned for comments that I made in a discord call, in all honesty I haven't changed, I still make comments like I did and if you can't handle that I don't know what to say.


This immediately stood out to every staff member. It clearly infers that you may come back and do the same inappropriate things. Why would you be unbanned when you will just commit the same offense again, putting more players into danger?

Nova wrote:My issue with everything in this whole situation is that the people who I was saying stuff towards had no issues with my comments, they were people who I considered friends. I'm sorry if you don't like my personality and the fact I say offensive stuff but that gives you no right to ban me on Hello Miners.


This is simply false. The things you were saying were said in a public discord which was shared with many HelloMiners players. Before Ben even got there, the things you were saying were reported to staff by a handful of players.

Nova wrote:I'm sorry if you don't like my personality and the fact I say offensive stuff but that gives you no right to ban me on Hello Miners. Because I'm a trump supporter and I express my views on Twitter does that mean I get banned as well? I suggest you learn who I am as a person before you draw your conclusions on me, I would love to get into a call with any staff member and tell them my exact point of views and opinions on certain things regarding Hello Miners or anything in that regard.


Coming onto a discord chat (once again, the chat was based around HelloMiners, shared on the HelloMiners server, and populated with HelloMiners players) and then proceeding to say inappropriate comments that made players feel uncomfortable and in danger (i.e. calling out players asking to join actions revolving around sex) is far different than sharing political believes on twitter. When our players are put in danger, the staff will respond and we will protect our players. We don't care about your political beliefs, gender, race, sex, or anything else. When our players are put into danger and you are breaking the law, you lost every right to be playing on a server we provide for free to anyone.

So, we are denying your appeal as it the original ban was already too severe for you to come back, this is now your second ban related to sexual harassment, and you clearly inferred that you still make these comments (putting even more players in danger).

Sincerely,
HelloMiners Staff

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I would also personally like to address some of your other comments made as you seem to not be clued in on what the Bill of Rights actually is. The Bill of Rights is a list of rights you have that the Federal Government (most of them also started to be applied to State Governments as well throughout history, though not all) cannot infringe on. That means you are free to say what you like (as long as it does not break Justice Holmes "clear and present danger" rule). However, you have no freedom of speech in regards to anyone or anything that is not the Government. If you walk into a park owned by a private school and start protesting, they can ask you to stop and to leave. You have no freedom of speech or freedom of assembly on private property. This server is also private property. You do not have freedom of speech here, hence the rules. However, you also don't have freedom of speech on this server as this server is not in the United States.

This server is owned by someone not American, half of the Administrators are not American, handfuls of the moderators are not American, and the server is hosted in Canada.

I hope you are safe when you are in the army. I also hope you learn more about yourself and the country you claim to know much about. I also hope you start to value other humans; their emotions, their believes, and their respect that everyone deserves.

Requesting topic lock. Unban request denied, please do not continue to make further unban requests as that would be spamming forums. If any questions, PM a staff member on forums or discord.
2 people like this post.
Image

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Next