Ban Appeal

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Ban Appeal

Postby ~Max » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello staff and players. I'd like to start by making a public apology towards LordRomias and other players offended.
I'm not gonna say he isn't wrong because I was doing wrong, however I never meant any harm I was just trying to express my opinion. I am sorry staff and romias for my actions I will not intervene with anything like this again.

I love Hellominers its my favourite server and I meant no harm, trust me. I would very much appreciate if I could be unbanned.

However I would like to add when romias said stop I did stop. I did ask other players if they felt it was unfair. But again I won't intervene if anything of the sort again.

I really hope I get unbanned, thanks! ;)

~Max
yamaazizi likes this post.
Sas Fried Chicken- Helper Chicken

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby ~Max » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:10 pm

I feel really bad. My actions were wrong and I am truly sorry.

Postby ~Doodle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:30 pm

May I just add to this appeal, here are the logs of the ban:

[+] Logs
[12:39:28] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> yep
[12:39:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> wanna know how sad my life is?
[12:40:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> not as sad as mine
[12:40:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i dreamed last night i became mod LMAO never in a million years
[12:40:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> rippp
[12:40:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> stafff hatess me
[12:41:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> staff don't hate you
[12:41:10] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> lies
[12:41:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> ik u do at least
[12:41:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> but anyway
[12:41:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> you're just a rude little so and so
[12:41:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> we just have to put up with it
[12:41:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> who's we?
[12:41:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> the whole of existence probably
[12:42:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> who's we romias
[12:42:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> so stop bullying an insulting the staff constantly
[12:42:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> huh?
[12:42:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <_LunaticCultist_> probs some other staff Zilliux
[12:42:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i never said you had to like me but i dont bully or insult any staff romias
[12:43:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> sometiems i disagree
[12:43:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> well you keep attacking people, like you're doing now.
[12:44:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> ? attacking? im not attacking you but i am done talking to you because i dont want this to escalate
[12:44:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> wait
[12:44:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> just zip it plz and stop whining about staff
[12:44:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> wait
[12:44:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> no
[12:44:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i wasnt whining
[12:44:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> thats not how it works
[12:44:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> max was just commenting his opinions on the current situation
[12:44:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> yeah but it's every day
[12:44:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> it isnt
[12:44:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> so?
[12:45:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> its when you feel like arguing
[12:45:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> its still his freedom to say so
[12:45:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i can have an opinion any day i want to
[12:45:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i can also disagree any day
[12:45:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> if max has a problem, there's a process and that's reporting it on the forums. otherwise, max has to move on and try to build bridges with staff rather than bring his issues up in general chat consistently
[12:46:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> im not reporting anything
[12:46:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> stop it now plz
[12:46:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> and what i said wouldnt even fit in a report
[12:52:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] LordRomias left the game
[12:52:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] Hope that _LunaticCultist_ never comes back!
[12:52:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> anyone else feel like he was kinda abusing his power?
[12:52:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> saying i was attacking him
[12:52:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> bullying staff
[12:52:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> sis no
[12:53:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Zachattack2023> you kind of where no offence
[12:53:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i was not?
[12:53:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> give examples
[12:53:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [+] LordRomias joined the game.
[12:53:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> well anyway'
[12:53:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> have a good day everyone
[12:53:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] Zilliux left the game
*Zilliux gets banned at 12:59
I would personally like to add I think a ban for voicing an opinion which a staff member may not agree with is too far, whereas a mute/warning would be better suited for this occasion. I hope these logs can clear everything up and support this appeal.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby ~Max » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:32 pm

~Doodle wrote:May I just add to this appeal, here are the logs of the ban:

[+] Logs
[12:39:28] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> yep
[12:39:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> wanna know how sad my life is?
[12:40:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> not as sad as mine
[12:40:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i dreamed last night i became mod LMAO never in a million years
[12:40:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> rippp
[12:40:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> stafff hatess me
[12:41:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> staff don't hate you
[12:41:10] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> lies
[12:41:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> ik u do at least
[12:41:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> but anyway
[12:41:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> you're just a rude little so and so
[12:41:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> we just have to put up with it
[12:41:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> who's we?
[12:41:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> the whole of existence probably
[12:42:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> who's we romias
[12:42:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> so stop bullying an insulting the staff constantly
[12:42:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> huh?
[12:42:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <_LunaticCultist_> probs some other staff Zilliux
[12:42:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i never said you had to like me but i dont bully or insult any staff romias
[12:43:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> sometiems i disagree
[12:43:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> well you keep attacking people, like you're doing now.
[12:44:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> ? attacking? im not attacking you but i am done talking to you because i dont want this to escalate
[12:44:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> wait
[12:44:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> just zip it plz and stop whining about staff
[12:44:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> wait
[12:44:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> no
[12:44:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i wasnt whining
[12:44:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> thats not how it works
[12:44:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> max was just commenting his opinions on the current situation
[12:44:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> yeah but it's every day
[12:44:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> it isnt
[12:44:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> so?
[12:45:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> its when you feel like arguing
[12:45:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Doodle> its still his freedom to say so
[12:45:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i can have an opinion any day i want to
[12:45:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i can also disagree any day
[12:45:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> if max has a problem, there's a process and that's reporting it on the forums. otherwise, max has to move on and try to build bridges with staff rather than bring his issues up in general chat consistently
[12:46:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> im not reporting anything
[12:46:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mod ~Romias> stop it now plz
[12:46:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> and what i said wouldnt even fit in a report
[12:52:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] LordRomias left the game
[12:52:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] Hope that _LunaticCultist_ never comes back!
[12:52:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> anyone else feel like he was kinda abusing his power?
[12:52:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> saying i was attacking him
[12:52:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> bullying staff
[12:52:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> sis no
[12:53:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Zachattack2023> you kind of where no offence
[12:53:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> i was not?
[12:53:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> give examples
[12:53:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [+] LordRomias joined the game.
[12:53:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> well anyway'
[12:53:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Max> have a good day everyone
[12:53:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] Zilliux left the game
*Zilliux gets banned at 12:59
I would personally like to add I think a ban for voicing an opinion which a staff member may not agree with is too far, whereas a mute/warning would be better suited for this occasion. I hope these logs can clear everything up and support this appeal.

Thanks! I'd like to add I was a little angry with this I was in a bad mood so sorry if it seems like im being sassy. I do honestly feel bad.

Postby LordRomias » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Thank you for the swift apology (which will definitely be taken into consideration) and response to the ban Zilliux. This post along with the logs have already been sent to the staff, who will discuss this. A ban post will be created soon.

Rule broken on this occassion:
"Chat Rules
We like to keep the chat as nice and clean as possible. For that reason it is not allowed to insult other people, troll ceaselessly, swear excessively, or spam chat."

"Action taken when rules are broken":
"If a player breaks the rules repeatedly for much of their playtime despite multiple warnings of staff, they may be banned until further notice. This means that if their bantime is up, they will not be automatically unbanned. Rather, they will have to make an unban request before being unbanned."

Context:
Ban history: http://hellominers.com/bans/history.php?uuid=3d2dc02f-4242-4fb0-ac62-313497a7adba&from=bans
Val likes this post.
CEO of Romco

Postby ~Max » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:56 pm

LordRomias wrote:Thank you for the swift apology (which will definitely be taken into consideration) and response to the ban Zilliux. This post along with the logs have already been sent to the staff, who will discuss this. A ban post will be created soon.

Rule broken on this occassion:
"Chat Rules
We like to keep the chat as nice and clean as possible. For that reason it is not allowed to insult other people, troll ceaselessly, swear excessively, or spam chat."

"Action taken when rules are broken":
"If a player breaks the rules repeatedly for much of their playtime despite multiple warnings of staff, they may be banned until further notice. This means that if their bantime is up, they will not be automatically unbanned. Rather, they will have to make an unban request before being unbanned."

Context:
Ban history: http://hellominers.com/bans/history.php?uuid=3d2dc02f-4242-4fb0-ac62-313497a7adba&from=bans

I just need this question answered. How did I insult you in what I said. I understand there are always 2 sides to a story but from what I see I didn't insult you.
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby Amoni » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:51 pm

I think this is the grossest abuse of power i've seen in a long time, i was online at the time of the conversation (and i stress conversation because it wasn't anything more, it was very civil) and Max was very respectful.

Looking back at the logs only furthers my original opinion that Max was wrongfully banned. The conversation clearly shows that he'd like the conversation to end: "? attacking? im not attacking you but i am done talking to you because i dont want this to escalate", whilst Romais took a really aggravating stance against him.

Not only should Max be unbanned but there should be a considerate look in LordRomais' behaviour.
4 people like this post.
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Postby LordRomias » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Players other than Zilliux/~Max: unless you have something constructive to say please post elsewhere or use the report process for filing reports.

A few of us do not have forum perms to post a ban topic currently and we have to coordinate with others to post this. The evidence supplied here by a player may or may not be the reasoning behind this ban.

Please be reassured that we do not take banning players lightly.

I stress that Zilliux/~Max has not been banned for a one-off occasion but for perceived repeating patterns of behaviour and a campaign of vitriol against a member of staff.

Whilst I can see that a very heartfelt apology has been given, warnings have been given by a number of different staff members and these have been repeatedly ignored.

A simple warn every time is not going to correct behaviour when there is no learning from this, which is why action was taken. It will be up to the staff as a whole to determine the outcome so please be reassured that we try to take players treatment fairly at all times.

Please also note that the server should be a safe space for all players and staff are players too and deserve not to be ridiculed or attacked as soon as they come online as a number of us have felt on multiple occasions.
Val likes this post.
CEO of Romco

Postby ~Max » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:21 pm

LordRomias wrote:Players other than Zilliux/~Max: unless you have something constructive to say please post elsewhere or use the report process for filing reports.

A few of us do not have forum perms to post a ban topic currently and we have to coordinate with others to post this. The evidence supplied here by a player may or may not be the reasoning behind this ban.

Please be reassured that we do not take banning players lightly.

I stress that Zilliux/~Max has not been banned for a one-off occasion but for perceived repeating patterns of behaviour and a campaign of vitriol against a member of staff.

Whilst I can see that a very heartfelt apology has been given, warnings have been given by a number of different staff members and these have been repeatedly ignored.

A simple warn every time is not going to correct behaviour when there is no learning from this, which is why action was taken. It will be up to the staff as a whole to determine the outcome so please be reassured that we try to take players treatment fairly at all times.

Please also note that the server should be a safe space for all players and staff are players too and deserve not to be ridiculed or attacked as soon as they come online as a number of us have felt on multiple occasions.

I understand your frustration and I am really sorry. I will not be 'attacking' anyone from this point forward
LordRomias likes this post.

Postby yamaazizi » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Zil mate, we’ve had a “rough” friendship lately, but you are right here, I can only agree with you.

I was online at that time, after I had been inactive for a month, and boy that’s not what I want to see from the first moderator I meet after a month. Max tried to stop it escalating, but lordromias continued.

Romias you’re a great lad, and you’ve probably also had a bad friendship with max, but you shouldn’t mix your job with your private life. What I’m saying is that you shouldn’t ban Max even though you may not like him, because as a staffmember you have to be unbiased and honest.
~Max likes this post.
City evaluator
YeliExpress
WholeBlocks
Discord - yamaazizi#8149

https://www.instagram.com/yamaazizi/

Next