Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? Ban Appeal: Spiderpig2323

Ban Appeal: Spiderpig2323

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: Ban Appeal: Spiderpig2323

Postby Sweg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm

nightemperor wrote:
It’s not fair that our rules aren’t clear enough to the point where it’s.

The rules are quite clear.

If there is anything that is not included in these rules, that gives someone an unfair advantage or damages the server or other players, ask staff if it is allowed or not.

Did selling premium items that were made out of thin air for huge sums of money give spider an unfair advantage?

The answer is yes, as non-premium players can not replicate his way of making money. This gives him an unfair advantage.

Common sense isn't rocket science and you can't expect staff to make rules about everything. Which in this case wouldn't be needed as the rules are very clear here.

Your definition of clear isn’t the same as mine.

Maybe he never thought it wasn’t allowed while he did it.

I’m not saying he should have done it or that it isnt allowed, but why should players be left to decide if they think something could potentially be against the rules or not? It says in the rules that if in doubt, ask a staff member. If they didn’t have any doubts at the time, they would have no idea it’s not allowed

Edit: and why can’t we expect staff to make rules about something if there have been multiple bans about it. Takes 20 words.
2 people like this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Postby ~Satan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Sweg wrote:
nightemperor wrote:
It’s not fair that our rules aren’t clear enough to the point where it’s.

The rules are quite clear.

If there is anything that is not included in these rules, that gives someone an unfair advantage or damages the server or other players, ask staff if it is allowed or not.

Did selling premium items that were made out of thin air for huge sums of money give spider an unfair advantage?

The answer is yes, as non-premium players can not replicate his way of making money. This gives him an unfair advantage.

Common sense isn't rocket science and you can't expect staff to make rules about everything. Which in this case wouldn't be needed as the rules are very clear here.

Your definition of clear isn’t the same as mine.

Maybe he never thought it wasn’t allowed while he did it.

I’m not saying he should have done it or that it isnt allowed, but why should players be left to decide if they think something could potentially be against the rules or not? It says in the rules that if in doubt, ask a staff member. If they didn’t have any doubts at the time, they would have no idea it’s not allowed

Edit: and why can’t we expect staff to make rules about something if there have been multiple bans about it. Takes 20 words.

It clearly isn't I guess (pun intended) You don't have to be a genius to figure out that what spider did was giving him an unfair advantage. Does having an unfair advantage break the rules? It does. Not thinking about the rules doesn't mean you're immune to the rules. It's not staff's job to think for players, spider could have asked staff if what he did was against the rules.

If we had to make rules about everything that can be seen as common sense the rules would become a big mess that no one would read or understand.
Also known as ~Satan , Damn you Somfic, Damn you.

Hellominers City Department - City Tier Evaluator - Contact me to get plots evicted or cities (tiers)approved ;)
CEO at Morningstar Capital Group (80% Owner of TESLO INC. & 100% owner of The Forsalist)

District Manager for Paradise Hills.

Creator of Hellominers Guide, HM's Fansite and Company/City Database.( https://HMguide.info )

Postby Sweg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 pm

I’m not saying what he did was allowed but if there’s a precedent of banning for it then how hard is it for an admin to edit 30 words into a post
Sweggy__

Postby ~Satan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Sweg wrote:I’m not saying what he did was allowed but if there’s a precedent of banning for it then how hard is it for an admin to edit 30 words into a post

Because we'd have to start doing that for every offense under the common sense rule otherwise you're just confusing people. It's easier and more effective to ask everyone to use common sense. The rules as they are now are quite clear and short to read. Having to implement 20 words rule every time a player doesn't use his common sense makes the rules a mess. I mean we'd end up with a rules list as long as a Terms of Service agreement that no one reads.

Hellominers City Department - City Tier Evaluator - Contact me to get plots evicted or cities (tiers)approved ;)
CEO at Morningstar Capital Group (80% Owner of TESLO INC. & 100% owner of The Forsalist)

Creator of Hellominers Guide, HM's Fansite and Company/City Database.( https://HMguide.info )

Postby Sweg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:46 pm

nightemperor wrote:
Sweg wrote:I’m not saying what he did was allowed but if there’s a precedent of banning for it then how hard is it for an admin to edit 30 words into a post

Because we'd have to start doing that for every offense under the common sense rule otherwise you're just confusing people. It's easier and more effective to ask everyone to use common sense. The rules as they are now are quite clear and short to read. Having to implement 20 words rule every time a player doesn't use his common sense makes the rules a mess. I mean we'd end up with a rules list as long as a Terms of Service agreement that no one reads.

I agree on that last part that they need to be readable and not some long ToS.

Not everyone has common sense or the same definition of it though. That’s what makes it unfair
3 people like this post.
Sweggy__

Postby MonkeyJ.Guy5100 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 pm

nightemperor wrote:

So be it. Id rather have a long rules set than a short set that causes alot of conflict. As one of the "scammed" players, i just call it resourceful and creative. If i was staff I would've just told him to stop all the sales and refund the people that already bought. I even tried to not press charges, but Steedz said it was needed. #UnbanSpider2k18
2 people like this post.
Staff of Puerto Cancun
Owner of MCorp

Postby Tesseract » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Common Sense Rule wrote:Always consult a staff member if something is allowed or not.

That is all I will say.
"Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole." - ~Ryan

"Ask not what your server can do for you - ask what you can do for your server." - Filipendulous

Postby ~Satan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Sweg wrote:
nightemperor wrote:

I agree on that last part that they need to be readable and not some long ToS.

Not everyone has common sense or the same definition of it though. That’s what makes it unfair

I think we all do have the same common sense, it's kinda an instinct thing.

"Oh something gives me an unfair disadvantage over other players, would I like other players to have that unfair disadvantage over me? No, therefore I shouldn't do it either".

Postby Sweg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:19 pm

You know what i mean, don’t pick at my point. What person thinks is common sense another might not. Maybe he thought it was fair since anyone can just buy premium and sell heads too.
2 people like this post.
Sweggy__

Postby Sweg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Laccase wrote:
Common Sense Rule wrote:Always consult a staff member if something is allowed or not.

That is all I will say.

The rules don’t say that. You’ve changed the wording.

[quote=“Rules”]If you are in doubt if something is allowed, contact a staff member. [/quote]
IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT

as long as he wasn’t in doubt, he wouldn’t have had to contact a staff member
Gerhard likes this post.
Sweggy__

PreviousNext