Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Banned from HelloMiners? Ban Appeal: Spiderpig2323

Ban Appeal: Spiderpig2323

Believe you have been banned wrongly? Post your evidence here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: Ban Appeal: Spiderpig2323

Postby TrumpVoter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Technically it would fall under the common sense rule as it is an unfair advantage over other players.

But I hope to see you back soon! :D
~Spider likes this post.
Owner and CEO of TamarackEnterprises.

HelloMiners
City Evaluator.

Postby Sweg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 pm

You could also argue that Jenica wasn’t really scammed. She had premium and therefore the same access to the heads, meaning spiderpig had no advantage over her.
3 people like this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Postby ~Spider » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:31 am

Bump
<Spiderpig2323>
--------------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 19th 2016
Owner And Founder Of Item World Inc.
33% Owner Of ESS
Item World Inc. Networth: F50,000
Networth: F2,400,000
Top Balance: F610,000

Join E3S Discord Today! : https://discord.gg/WXN6p5Y

Postby SamanthaWolf11 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 am

Laccase wrote:
Common Sense Rule wrote:Always consult a staff member if something is allowed or not.

That is all I will say.

If this is what the rules actually said, which it isn't, then our staff would be flooded with questions about whether killing a zombie in the wild is legal. Also, please don't edit the rules for one side or another's benefit. The rules exist to be the laws of a conflict, not the lawyers.
3 people like this post.

Postby ViHQ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 am

seriously beginning to resent the players AND the staff more and more every day.
hope to see you unbanned homie
"You know half the fun of owning a company? Getting people to do it for you." -ViHQ 11:06 9/27/15

Postby JustDo1t » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 am

Laccase wrote:
Common Sense Rule wrote:Always consult a staff member if something is allowed or not.

That is all I will say.

Don’t reword the rules to benefit you. The rules are written how they for a reason. If this was a rule staff members would always being asked can I do this can I do that.

#FreeSpiderpig
~Spider likes this post.

Postby SilverKnight » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 am

JustDo1t wrote:
Laccase wrote:

That is all I will say.

Don’t reword the rules to benefit you. The rules are written how they for a reason. If this was a rule staff members would always being asked can I do this can I do that.

#FreeSpiderpig

#FreeSpiderPig
2 people like this post.
Silver :" Why u no want build in sol?
Luke :"Find me a 20x20 plot for an apt ( not ocelot it's full)
Silver :" Build in sol pls."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk*"
Silver :"What do you mean? I'm saying that u should build apt in sol after that one."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk again*"
#TrollLogic2017

#ImWithBeta
Baron of Coconut Beach

Postby ~Spider » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm

There seems to be some confusion on what the common sense rule means. The goal of this rule is that certain things that everyone can immediately see are wrong, are forbidden. In a server where people come from all over the world, the number of things that fall under 'common sense' is small, because there aren't many things that most people agree are true.
An example of something that could fall under the common sense rule is if you put the items in your chests in the shape of a Swastica. This would not strictly speaking be forbidden by server rules, but everyone realizes that adding Nazi symbols in the server is bad. This is common sense.

The common sense rule is unpredictable and it should only be used in the clearest of cases. For instance, we even have a rule against stealing: apparently the fact that you cannot steal is not common sense. It is then really common sense that you cannot sell a certain item?

The main argument that people use that not selling premium heads is common sense is that you can make a lot of money with it. However, if all premium players were to sell these heads, the price would immediately drop, almost to zero. So the argument that it can let you make an unlimited amount of money is invalid.

Finally, they say it is not allowed to sell the heads because it is common sense. Is it then allowed to give them away? A moderator said that you can decorate your house with premium heads here- viewtopic.php?f=168&t=27646&start=0#p279472 does this rule against selling also mean that I cannot sell my house with player heads in it, because then I would also be selling player heads? Would I be banned then? What if I give my house away? Obviously, none of this is common sense - these are all political choices that need to be made by the staff. There need to be actual rules about this to clarify these questions.

I hope this clarifies my point of view, if not, I would be happy to elaborate! :)
JustDo1t likes this post.
<Spiderpig2323>
33% Owner Of ESS

Join E3S Discord Today! : https://discord.gg/WXN6p5Y

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 pm

TheKing2314 wrote:There seems to be some confusion on what the common sense rule means. The goal of this rule is that certain things that everyone can immediately see are wrong, are forbidden. In a server where people come from all over the world, the number of things that fall under 'common sense' is small, because there aren't many things that most people agree are true.
An example of something that could fall under the common sense rule is if you put the items in your chests in the shape of a Swastica. This would not strictly speaking be forbidden by server rules, but everyone realizes that adding Nazi symbols in the server is bad. This is common sense.

The common sense rule is unpredictable and it should only be used in the clearest of cases. For instance, we even have a rule against stealing: apparently the fact that you cannot steal is not common sense. It is then really common sense that you cannot sell a certain item?

The main argument that people use that not selling premium heads is common sense is that you can make a lot of money with it. However, if all premium players were to sell these heads, the price would immediately drop, almost to zero. So the argument that it can let you make an unlimited amount of money is invalid.

Finally, they say it is not allowed to sell the heads because it is common sense. Is it then allowed to give them away? A moderator said that you can decorate your house with premium heads here- viewtopic.php?f=168&t=27646&start=0#p279472 does this rule against selling also mean that I cannot sell my house with player heads in it, because then I would also be selling player heads? Would I be banned then? What if I give my house away? Obviously, none of this is common sense - these are all political choices that need to be made by the staff. There need to be actual rules about this to clarify these questions.

I hope this clarifies my point of view, if not, I would be happy to elaborate! :)

I think that the point still stands that you are making something for nothing, which is illegal.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby ~Spider » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Bump
<Spiderpig2323>
33% Owner Of ESS