Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Jobs Jobs Available Teach New Players! F2,000 Sign On Bonus

Teach New Players! F2,000 Sign On Bonus

Here is where you can offer jobs as the CEO of your business.
Forum rules
A list of jobs available right now. If you own a business you can post your job offer here.

Teach New Players! F2,000 Sign On Bonus

Postby nirvanamonkey » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:50 am

Teach new players and get good money + a F2,000 sign on bonus!

Apply here!

https://discord.gg/aE6evqA

Re: Teach New Players! F2,000 Sign On Bonus

Postby Edgewurth » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:44 am

Isn't that what the Player Helpers are for? Helping new players?
~Lero likes this post.
Formerly RyanInTheHorizon, Ryan_VWorp, RyanDaWerewolf, Ryan_Shorthorn and Tasmin_Angel
[+] My Many Jobs
[*]Ex-Owner of Valucifer's Enterprises (2016 - 2018)
[*]Ex-Owner of Shorthorn LTD (2018 - 2019)
[*]Ex-Co-Owner of Cape Coral (2018-19)
[*]Player Helper (2019-?)
[*]Private City Department Staff (2019-?)
[*]CEO of HexiGen
[*]Staff Manager of DTR
[*]Owner of Cytra City
[*]City Manager of Hillford

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:56 am

Ryan In The Horizon wrote:Isn't that what the Player Helpers are for? Helping new players?

yeah but most player helpers dont do a good job at teaching and getting the player to stay
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby ViHQ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:35 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:
Ryan In The Horizon wrote:Isn't that what the Player Helpers are for? Helping new players?

yeah but most player helpers dont do a good job at teaching and getting the player to stay

There are literally 4 player helpers. Don't try to say that bullshit. These new players do not want to stay because this community has gone straight to the garbage.
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:03 pm

ViHQ wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:

There are literally 4 player helpers. Don't try to say that bullshit. These new players do not want to stay because this community has gone straight to the garbage.

Ok let me rephrase that. The player helpers don't do any better of a job at getting a new player to stay then people who rent them apartments, which is the entire point of them to do better.
Owner of Leeds City!

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby Edgewurth » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:44 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:
ViHQ wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:

Ok let me rephrase that. The player helpers don't do any better of a job at getting a new player to stay then people who rent them apartments, which is the entire point of them to do better.

This is an exact copy of what i do as a player helper for new players:
[+] Copy of List
Code: Select all
1) Welcome them when they first join
2) After they complete tutorial, msg them asking if they need help getting started, in this case ill use the name SoSo as the player
[me -> SoSo] hi, need help getting started?
[SoSo -> me] yeah
[me -> SoSo] ok, stay where you are
3) Meet at Warp C for ease
4) Ask them to follow me
5) Have them follow me to the GTC
6) Have them practice if i have an stack of items sellable in the GTC on me which i can replace quickly (dirt, stone)
7) Explain to them about warp pm and suggest to them to get a job. If they ask how, say type in chat.
8) Take them to GOV Apartments OR if unable to, to an Warp VC Apartment Complex.
9) Explain How to Rent and my reccomendations, which are
"Check Land Size and Contents match the rent price before renting

Most of the time, they rent it but sometimes they turn them down and start looking for other apartments from my experience. Plus it is exactly as ViHQ says that the community has turned extremely salty
Formerly RyanInTheHorizon, Ryan_VWorp, RyanDaWerewolf, Ryan_Shorthorn and Tasmin_Angel
[+] My Many Jobs
[*]CEO of HexiGen
[*]Staff Manager of DTR
[*]Owner of Cytra City

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:01 pm

That is the exact same thing I had to follow under Felix and Dylad in the 2 times I was a player helper. I thought the player helpers were revamped to actually work?

Also you're basically agreeing with me there that you don't get any real players to stay, same as with apartments. It's not just because the community is "tOxiC", theres also other factors why players don't stay and I'd argue the community is a smaller factor in that.

Most nubs quit because there is simply nothing to do, workwise or even in friend making, for obvious reasons people don't trust the newer players as reliable. This isn't being toxic, it's just simple business sense, if you wanted a job doing you'd rather hire someone you knew played often and wouldn't want to be banned for scamming etc.

Another is because the server just isn't appealing in general, you will know this feeling if you've ever spent hours trying to find a server to play on only finding one that for some reason doesn't stick with you.

And then sure, many of the nubs who end up staying start trying to get involved in vicious discussions before they're experienced enough or respected enough which often makes them seem annoying or irritating to long term players. Or they say the community is too toxic and they're quitting because they got involved with something they can't handle.
Owner of Leeds City!

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby nirvanamonkey » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:40 am

Literally a university for hellominers :D, sorry for the disruption :)

Postby Edgewurth » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:21 am

nirvanamonkey wrote:Literally a university for hellominers :D, sorry for the disruption :)

Oh... well... then you are not really taking the Player Helpers job but more teaching players skills on MC it seems?
[+] My Many Jobs
[*]CEO of HexiGen
[*]Staff Manager of DTR
[*]Owner of Cytra City