Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Jobs Jobs Available Job: Making the Olympics at CB

Job: Making the Olympics at CB

Here is where you can offer jobs as the CEO of your business.
Forum rules
A list of jobs available right now. If you own a business you can post your job offer here.

Re: Job: Making the Olympics at CB

Postby X_BRAX_X » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:20 pm

IGN: X_BRAX_X
Are you building by yourself or with a group?: I am building with Soldazz (Group)
What events are you going to build?: Lap Swimming, Swimming Maze, Rowing Course, horse racing, archery, ironball, racing, and boxing (pvp). Some possible events are basketball, and white water rafting.
Example pictures (this is mandatory): Will be provided down below.
How much do you want to be paid (estimate)?: 50-60k

Lap swimming
[+] Lap Pool
http://imgur.com/a/zZ7wd

This is my plan for the lap pool. On the server I would extend it to have 9 lines, since it currently only has 7 lanes. I may also make it longer on the actual server. I plan to have it covered by either a dome/shell, or just have a wall surround it, to prevent unwanted entry.

Swimming Maze
[+] Swimming Maze
http://imgur.com/a/HX0E0

Since minecraft physics, say that everyone swims at the same speed, I had to find a way to change that somehow. With this course, it makes it so that not everyone finishes at the same time, since people could be lost or be in different places in the maze at once. I plan to have a building, or a wall surround this if it is actually built. I also plan to widen the maze, and increase the length of the maze.

Rowing Course
[+] Rowing Course
http://imgur.com/a/PfxWx

This is my design of the rowing course. I plan to make it about the same size, and length on the actual server as it is in my model. The purpose of this contest, is to see what purpose is the best boat rower. You will be timed by either a mod/event host, or by a timer I would make on the wall. You will have one chance each Olympics to get the best time possible. The person who has the fastest time on this event will win.

Horse racing, Archery, Ironball, and Racing
I did not have time to complete these models, so I have no pictures of them.

Horse racing: I will make a track that will be similar to the track that the government uses at certain events. My track will be wider, and more compatible with more people than the one the government uses. My track will have stables to store horses, shortcuts that are hidden, and lots of obstacles for the players to dodge.

Archery: This will consist of around 5 targets each at different locations around the shooting field. Each target will all be worth different amounts of points. You will have a set number of arrows (around 3), and must try to get the most points possible, by shooting at certain targets. Be careful though, as there may be traps that are triggered throughout your shooting time.

Ironball: This will be pretty easy to explain, as lots of players already know how to play the game. But anyways, the ironball field will be the standard/regulation size field. I will have a goal counter installed, and add lots of seating around the field. The field would most likely be in its own stadium.

Racing: This will consist of racing against players around a running track, and trying to jump over hurdles, and avoiding obstacles that will be on the path. The path will probably be in a stadium, or outside on the Olympic park grounds.

Boxing (pvp)
Boxing or wrestling will be held in an arena, where players have no items, but have to punch each other to the death. I will probably add walls, or things to hide behind in the fighting area. The player that wins this will be the player with the most skill, or the player with the best strategy.

White Water Rafting
This event would be similar to the rowing course, except instead of smooth water, it will be flowing water. It would be held on a course similar to that of the rowing course, or it would be held on a actual river. The goal of this event it to overcome the rapids, and finish the course in the fastest amount of time.

Basketball
[+] Basketball
http://imgur.com/a/zCnAI

Normal Basketball: This version of the game is similar to what is played in real life. There is slimeblocks by each hoop that launch you into the air. Once in the air, you can try to shoot the ball into the hoop, to score a point. While you are doing this the other player will be allowed to hit you, but not kill you (since pvp will be on) and try to knock you out of line with the hoop. Since you can't dripple, or pass the ball, the teams will swap positions each turn. A turn is when the shooting time either makes a basket, or misses the baskset.

Solo Basketball: This version is a little different. There is slimeblocks on the floor (under the carpet), that when bounced on launch you into the air high enough to try to shoot the ball (remember to hold forward key). If the ball goes into the hopper then you get a point. In order to shoot though, you must first jump off of the wall, and try to hit the slimeblock. This will be a timed event, meaning you want to get the most points possible in the certain amount of time given.

Winners Podium
[+] Winners Podium
http://imgur.com/a/QlBcY

This is what I had planned, so far for the Winners Podium. I may change it a little on the actual server, and I may change the ring colors. If you don't like the design, I would be able to create a new one.

Opening and Closing Ceremonies
At the opening and closing ceremonies, the Olympic torch will either be lit, or be put out depending on what ceremony it is. They will be held in the main stadium, where there will be the most seating. I also plan on making a firework show, for both ceremonies if I am allowed to.

Well, Thank You for taking the time to read my application. Also good luck to everyone who is going to apply for this!
Last edited by X_BRAX_X on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orbit Industries- "The Future is in Our Hands"

Postby Amazon_Alexa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:22 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:Hey! Crystal Bay has a large area where a mock Olympics event can go at. The area should have a couple of events like swimming, horse racing, racing, archery, iron ball, fencing (pvp), golf, etc. It should also have space for spectators in each event, roads going through the area, a award area (where the winners are crowned) etc. It should basically look like a typical Olympic park around all the events. A full list of summer sports that are in the real Olympics can be found here. About 5-10 should be in the Olympic area at CB. Here is the area where we need this at:

If you or your company is chosen you will be reimbursed for every expense, like blocks, made in this project. Here is how you apply:

IGN:
Are you building by yourself or with a group?:
What events are you going to build?:
Example pictures (this is mandatory):
How much do you want to be paid (estimate)?:

If you are chosen, this needs to be built pretty fast, so if it takes long and you seem to be moving slow, you will fired. Applications close in 2 days (48 hours since this was posted)! If there are any questions please reply here or talk to me in game.

What will the complex be used for after the Olympics? Just wondering.

IGN: Amazon_Alexa
Are you building by yourself or a group: I'm planning on building it by myself, but I'm willing to work with others.
Example pictures:
20150105-STADIUMS-slide-B5H2-master1050.jpg
20150105-STADIUMS-slide-B5H2-master1050.jpg (240.06 KiB) Viewed 209 times

How much do you want to be paid (estimate): Mostly undetermined, but at least 350K. Could be as high as 500K. (This is calculated if I gather all of my materials without going to a shop, which I am capable of doing, but if I bought all the materials at shops, it would be easily cost over 2.5 Million Forsales.) By the way, this includes labor AND materials.

Btw, please pm me on forums and /mail me in-game.

NOTE: During the summer, I'll be online for 2-4 hours (straight up building the thing), and from September to June 2018, I'll be online building for 1.5-2 hours each day.
Last edited by Amazon_Alexa on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby SpartanPride7 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 pm

The arena may have an Olympics even every couple months or so, therefore it won't become useless afterward.

Also example picture I mean like pictures of the events you made in creative mode :P not based of irl pics. Also that's really high pay XD I was thinking something under 50k.... (and 50k is still high :P)
3 people like this post.
"I've dug two graves for us, my dear
Can't pretend that I was perfect, leaving you in fear
Oh man, what a world, the things I hear
If I could act on my revenge, then, oh, would I?
Some kill, some steal, some break your heart
And you thought that I would let it go and let you walk
Broken hearts, break bones, so break up fast
And I don't wanna let it go, so in my grave I'll rot" ~XXXTENTACION

Postby Amazon_Alexa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:The arena may have an Olympics even every couple months or so, therefore it won't become useless afterward.

Also example picture I mean like pictures of the events you made in creative mode :P not based of irl pics. Also that's really high pay XD I was thinking something under 50k.... (and 50k is still high :P)

Well, I just started working on it in build. Also, regarding the pay, is the money coming from the government to fund the stadium?

Postby EischMC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Amazon_Alexa wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:The arena may have an Olympics even every couple months or so, therefore it won't become useless afterward.

Well, I'm working on it in build. Also, regarding the pay, is the money coming from the government to fund the stadium?

Yes, but that doesn't mean you will get "350-500k"
7 people like this post.
Owner of Springfield

Actions cannot be undone, so don't let them ruin the fun.

Postby Amazon_Alexa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:29 pm

EischMC wrote:
Amazon_Alexa wrote:

Well, I'm working on it in build. Also, regarding the pay, is the money coming from the government to fund the stadium?

Yes, but that doesn't mean you will get "350-500k"

That's why I said that the cost is mostly undetermined.

Postby Dylad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 pm

I think a complex that big in that area would be super hard for just one person to build. In my opinion, building a giant complex is harder than building a city after plans were made.
Maybe hire a team?
~Tunnel likes this post.
Like • _UltraPro_ likes this post.

Postby Amazon_Alexa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Dylad wrote:I think a complex that big in that area would be super hard for just one person to build. In my opinion, building a giant complex is harder than building a city after plans were made.
Maybe hire a team?

I believe that it's possible to work by one's self, no matter how big the project is. Yes, it's going to be around 200x200, but I'm already working on the blueprints. :?

Postby ~Cookie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 pm

This is just a spot holder for my application. I will probably design it by myself and then have a build team build it with me ;) Gl to all contestants I will get to work tonight.

EDIT: We are going to have to op out of this one :D Not enough time to get a solid plan and way to busy :) GL to all contenders if anyone needs help with a design I would be glad to help. If anyone needs a swimming pool design I have one complete :D
Last edited by ~Cookie on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

-CEO of C&C Designs - Great designs for a even greater price!

- CEO of Power Block Lottery -Hellominers most popular lotto! Lottos every month!

-Owner of Vc Black Stall- Cheapest Elytras, Shulker Boxes and Exp bottles around!

Postby SrivYT » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 pm

This is not for the application for building this. This is a application of helping hosting the events. I can make a full application if you want.
Over 200k in assets

Co-Owner of the Ferron Farm

MineCraft player for over 7 years

Fortune Company owner

Co-owner of Empis

Manager if Ferron

PreviousNext