Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Jobs [Gov job] Hiring economy adviser.

[Gov job] Hiring economy adviser.

Need a job? Or maybe your business is in need of some new workers? Post here.

Re: [Gov job] Hiring economy adviser.

Postby President_KK » Fri May 15, 2020 8:55 am

In game name:
President_KK
Discord name (including tag): President_KK#0974
Any actual economic qualifications? (doesn't matter if you don't, but having them might make people prefer you)
Currently doing HSC Economics, irl have my own stock portfolio
Any significant bans?
No
Why should you be the economic manager?
Considering previously I have had an integral part in founding and running the HMCSM I believe I have the skills and the insight in order to critically analyse economic performance specifically in regards to companies.
I would like to implement a plugin (or maybe even something to do in house) to create more lifelike markets, better jobs, Industry plugins, Finance etc to make the server more lifelike.
I also wish to publish more stats on economic performance like Inflation to make progress shown.
I will be happy to do this unpaid.
President_KK
His Excellent Vice President of Ashford is me

FOUNDER AND FORMER CEO OF THE FIRST AND ORIGINAL FORMER HELLO MINERS STOCK EXCHANGE (HMSX)until it got Aquired by the HMCSM now I’m the BoD president :)

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
-John F. Kennedy

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:35 am

Bump! Going to extend application close date a few days since staff is still determining the responsibilities that are involved in this roll.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby ~Jake » Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 pm

In game name: Jacy913

Discord name (including tag): Jake#9533

Any actual economic qualifications?

Real life:
I was recently accepted into my nation's #1 university. Ateneo de Manila Bachelor of Science in Applied Economics. Had a personally handwritten recommendation by my Applied Economics teacher after ranking 1st in my year level with a perfect 100.

(I love reading up and watching videos on economics like Vox and Wendover Productions, etc.)

Hellominers:
Owned and a shareholder in 4 cities in the server. Have seen plenty of economic events in the server such as the nether spawners, diamond villager farming crisis, mob grinding, etc. Had been playing on the server since May 2015. Also briefly served as staff for over a month, HM Olympics 2018 manager, was the manager of the VC Arena, worked with staff with multiple events.

Any significant bans? None

Why should you be the economic manager? I believe I understand how real-life and the hellominer's functions like no other. If we could simply aspects of how the real life economy works into the server, I could be tasked in leading that effort to help cash flow and player interest improve tremendously. I think you would love to take advantage of this opportunity: applying the many skills I have irl into the server by hiring me for this job. My hardwork and effort has come a long way.

My experience on the server is polished as well as real life. I have had multiple cities and investments that have grown through the years. My experiences as a new player, middle class player, and wealthy city owner has given me the skills to understand Hellominer's economy from those perspectives.

Any ideas to put forward now? We need to understand the demands of players firstly. If we go back to the basics, people will pay money for whatever is in demand. Right now, the forsal isn't in a great place, so we have to put it where the money is. Now like irl, people master their own skills that they can develop into livelihoods. They make money off of that. One of my rough draft suggestions now is to develop a specified training program for up-and-coming players that want to have a career in architecture, business, rare-item hunting, building cities, etc. Those all are money-making careers that players can specialize in so that we have an influx of color in the economy. I'll give examples:

Player A has just joined the server and starts his career. The training program allows him to choose a career path like irl. Player A decides he wants to undergo the architecture course and works with the server's top builders to hone skills of his own. The program would teach him all the things he needs to know to eventually start his own architectural business and make money.

My opinion on the GTC: We have had it for many years and it had kept the economy fine the way it is. What if we used it to improve the livelihoods of new players? Yes, of course the government trade center has been a staple income source for many players. I remember selling netherrack there when I was new to buy my first plot. We need the prices to be in sync with the economy's supply, demand, and the welfare of the forsal. How do we do this? The economic advisor(s) could help in determining the prices of each item so that it isn't too over or underpriced.

Requested salary: I am not looking to make money, but the designated salary is alright.
2 people like this post.
In-Game: Active
Forums: Active

Postby Cheerios32 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:07 am

Bump! As stated, applications will remain open while Marc and I figure out what responsibilities people will have.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Postby Mundlier » Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 am

In game name:Mundlier
Discord name (including tag):mundlier#6414

Any actual economic qualifications? (doesn't matter if you don't, but having them might make people prefer you)
I've been accepted into a top business program this year. I've also won a few case study competitions throughout HS.

Any significant bans? No.

Why should you be the economic manager?
I was a heavy advocate for creating a new inactivity formula for inactive cities, which was recently successfully lowered to 90+s^0.4. I also provided suggestions/inputs to UltraPro for mob shrines and new events often regarding drop rates, mob spawning rates, loot, etc (a recent example is the quartz drop rate change at the temple mob shrine which I suggested). I run two cities and I frequently trade/sell rares which exposes me to various areas of the HM economy such as new players, end-game items, events, cities, material prices, etc.

Any ideas to put forward now?
-GTC:
-It's obvious HM has both a demand and a supply problem. A. There's too many people producing goods (ex. sugar cane mega farms, or super efficient cobble gens) B. The player base is too small to purchase all these goods. So how does the GTC play into all of this? Well since the GTC purchases goods for a minimum price (ex. cobble at 14f) it creates a price floor. When the GTC was still a thing in the past, veteran players were able to exploit this price floor, since they invested the time and resources into making farms that maximize their productivity and production output.

The libertarian approach to this problem would be to remove the GTC and let prices crash (which is what happened). In theory, this would mean veteran players would have to produce other, more profitable goods that people actually need such as quartz. This turned out to be a problematic solution for a number of reasons. First of all, instead of seeing veteran players produce goods the economy needed, instead we saw most of them pivot to artificial jobs such as fishing, government projects, etc. Second of all, the GTC is a source of income for many new players, and by removing it many new players were left with few options for making money (fishing).

What I purpose for the GTC is three fold. First of all, GTC should be sell only. Our primary problem is over supply, and for the items that are in short supply, we don't need price ceilings. Next, there should be a new GTC that only lets new players (6 months and under) sell goods at high prices. The catch is that this GTC would only be available to new players for a limited "grace period". This is a good idea since it gives new players a stable source of income, it doesn't flood the market with more supply, and since it creates the illusion of time scarcity; incentivizes players to keep playing. Lastly, there should be a second GTC all players can access (also sell only) at liquidation level pricing (very low prices). This would provide veteran players with an outlet to sell their mass produced goods, but at prices so low it wouldn't be very profitable (like pumpkin/sugar cane/iron/etc). You can think of this like a way for old players to earn passive income.

-Starting Cash:
-I won't take credit for this idea, I read what weather said about it somewhere else (someone else might have suggested it before too), but we should raise the starting cash of new players to 4k or something similar. The extra cash would let them explore a lot more of the HM world and keep them interested in the server longer. I would also recommend upgrading their starter gear to diamond tools (maybe even with eff 1), and add shears to their kit. This way they could go straight into demo work if they wanted.

-Jobs:
-As aforementioned, new players should be able to use the GTC to sell goods. This would introduce them to how the HM economy works, and help them transition into setting up a store in the "late game" (since they would learn where to get supply for their stores by selling at the GTC).
-Fishing should either be heavily nerfed to a point where it becomes a profitable hobby (but not a primary source of income) or removed all together. We don't need more jobs plugins that don't actually produce goods for the economy.
-The goal of new player jobs should be to introducing them to the HM economy, not to help them make as much money as possible. Remember, our goal is player retention, not short term growth. For example, we should have a job pathway that introduces players to the mob grinding/rare item/event aspect of HM. We could do this by setting up a series of beginner mob shrines (I know we have easy level shrines, but I mean even easier than that) that drop keys to a beginner crate and items that can be sold at the GTC like cobble or wood. In the beginner crate there should be beginner weapons such as swords with +4 attk damage for the first stage, or enchanted gold armor. If we set up 3 stages of beginner shrines, by the final stage, maybe we could let them earn a set of diamond gear (similar to the spectral vote set) and a +8 attk dmg sword. This would let them grind the easy level mob shrines (pirate bay) and even let them participate in events when they pop up. I think this would be a great segway into introducing new players into rare items, event crates/keys, and the mythic mob grinding aspect of HM. I'd be happy to go into this in detail with ultra or someone else.
-Government Jobs (building jobs): This is another big thing I want to touch base with. First of all, I think gov jobs aren't transparent enough. I've heard wild stories of people finishing road projects for hundreds of thousands of forsals, or subways for millions. Work and design talent should be rewarded, I fully agree with that, but we need more transparency. The best way to do this is to copy what our government does. Make government building/design contracts public and let people bid on them. I know there's a lot of people who don't even know gov projects exist but would jump at the opportunity to do them. So whenever the gov needs something done, post the job details on the forum, and let people bid on the contracts. If you aren't familiar with how this works Ill explain. The gov will first post the job details on the forum (ex. RC needs gray concrete roads by -- date. The starting bid is 500000f). If the starting bid is 500000f, than people will start bidding lower than that to complete the project (ex. mundlier bids 350000f to complete the contract). The lowest bid will win and be paid that sum to finish the job. I know this model was used once for a city demo project (and a wilderness restoration project I think), and I think it should be the default for all government building jobs. I should also mention I'm seeing a lot more contest style design contracts which I also think is a step in the right direction

-Plugins (SF, cars, etc):
-I support any plugins that diversify the economy. Slime fun is great at this, it adds so many new crafting items and materials. Cars should have gasoline again which would create another new industry. Even the augment market for fishing is ok (but as I said before, it needs to be nerfed).

-Cities:
- I think cities are the lifeblood of HM and they need to be supported more. The highway projects are a good start but more is needed. I have controversial ideas for reforming gov cities, but I don't think they are a priority. Our first steps should be what I outlined above.

Requested salary: I'm more interested in helping this server survive than a salary so I'll take whatever you give me.

Edit: +1 to adu's idea of a council

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:21 am

So it seems like the idea of a council is liked, but how many people should there be on the council? 3? 4? 788.24789?

Postby CudleyNubles » Fri May 22, 2020 6:23 am

Cheerios32 wrote:So it seems like the idea of a council is liked, but how many people should there be on the council? 3? 4? 788.24789?

I would disagree with that. Communication between one person and staff will be hard enough. To have a council of slightly inactive people as you said will never end up well.
Jcava5 likes this post.

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:24 am

CudleyNubles wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:So it seems like the idea of a council is liked, but how many people should there be on the council? 3? 4? 788.24789?

I would disagree with that. Communication between one person and staff will be hard enough. To have a council of slightly inactive people as you said will never end up well.

Depends if you have a majority vote or just "this is how long you all have to feed your opinions back".

Postby MrSuperRed » Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 am

Cheerios32 wrote:
CudleyNubles wrote:

Depends if you have a majority vote or just "this is how long you all have to feed your opinions back".

The staff team is effectively a council right now. So if you want to look for how long it'd take to get things done, look there. The reason I suggested this job in the first place is to allow quick decisions that need to be set quickly, for example right now, the govt needs to decide how much they want to contribute to the OQIL prize pool, but can't as it would take a vote and too long. This job would eliminate the need for long and tedious budget allocation and decisions about any economic factor of HM, and they could pitch in the number themselves and have it go through, but if needed staff could veto the budget and have it renewed at a different price later. I think to allow a staff/player partnership for this role would be the farthest it could go in terms of the council (if you want to call it that, partnership is fine) and effectively completing this job.
Jcava5 likes this post.
Hey!

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 2193019501m

Postby ~Adu » Fri May 22, 2020 10:34 am

788.24789 is quite a good number but i think a council of an odd number like 3 or 5 should be good enough. The smaller the number of people, the faster they can decide so i'd go with 3 to be on the safer side
ImageLike · Succeededkiller likes this post.

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Manager of North Helloclan
Networth: F1,000,000+
Player since 2015
Discord: Adu0123#7982

Connect with me:

PreviousNext