Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Jobs [Gov job] Hiring economy adviser.

[Gov job] Hiring economy adviser.

Need a job? Or maybe your business is in need of some new workers? Post here.

Re: [Gov job] Hiring economy adviser.

Postby Jcava5 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:26 pm

I'd say 3 max, but even then, a trend in our community is getting too many people involved in things and then it taking forever for things to actually be completed, because of all the back-and-forth that goes on. I agree with the sentiment that staff already acts as a council, so the economic advisor could have more freedom. I don't think it has to be an odd number either, 2 people could also probably do the job well as a team.
MrSuperRed likes this post.
IGN: Jcava5 or ~JC
Joined August 2013
Founder & Owner of Orubo
Owner of Sudbury

Discord: Jcava5#6288

Postby ~Adu » Fri May 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Jcava5 wrote:I'd say 3 max, but even then, a trend in our community is getting too many people involved in things and then it taking forever for things to actually be completed, because of all the back-and-forth that goes on. I agree with the sentiment that staff already acts as a council, so the economic advisor could have more freedom. I don't think it has to be an odd number either, 2 people could also probably do the job well as a team.

I reason i suggest an odd number is so that there isnt an issue if the two members were to have opposite opinions. There would be a third person so to avoid any ties in the voting
ImageLike · Succeededkiller likes this post.

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Manager of North Helloclan
Networth: F1,000,000+
Player since 2015
Discord: Adu0123#7982

Connect with me:

Postby 4K606 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Why not just have 1? That way decisions dont take forever.
MrSuperRed likes this post.
Joined Hellominers Feb. 14th 2017
West Helloclan Manager
Co-Creator of October Fest!
Private City Dept. Regulator
Owner of Emerald Cove!

Postby ~Adu » Fri May 22, 2020 10:35 pm

4K606 wrote:Why not just have 1? That way decisions dont take forever.

~Adu wrote:idk if its a bit late for this but i think it would be better to have a board of economic advisors (5 players) and each decision would require 2/3 majority votes. Having all this power on one person is not the wisest thing to do :)

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Player since 2015

Connect with me:

Postby MrSuperRed » Fri May 22, 2020 11:00 pm

~Adu wrote:

~Adu wrote:idk if its a bit late for this but i think it would be better to have a board of economic advisors (5 players) and each decision would require 2/3 majority votes. Having all this power on one person is not the wisest thing to do :)

Why's it not the wisest thing to do?
Hey!

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 2193019501m

Postby ~Adu » Fri May 22, 2020 11:38 pm

MrSuperRed wrote:
~Adu wrote:

Why's it not the wisest thing to do?

As a business owner myself i wouldn't want the entire price cap and price floor to be controlled by one persons opinion, i mean aren't we tryna do the opposite? Not to mention that one person alone watching an economy is alot of work and making more will just make pricing more accurate.

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Player since 2015

Connect with me:

Postby MrSuperRed » Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 am

~Adu wrote:As a business owner myself i wouldn't want the entire price cap and price floor to be controlled by one persons opinion, i mean aren't we tryna do the opposite? Not to mention that one person alone watching an economy is alot of work and making more will just make pricing more accurate.

Staff can veto/disapprove any decision this role makes, so power is not absolute. Also, this role can also be fired for abusive or destructive behaviour. Restrictions like that mean that whoever has this job cannot do whatever they want, it has to be for the benefit of HM.

mean aren't we tryna do the opposite?

No, the purpose of this job is to efficiently develop HM's economy. As I gave this example earlier, right now the govt needs to decide what it wants to contribute to the OQIL prize pool. A staff or "council" of players would both take too long. In order to get the season going quickly a decision in a few days by a person (or 2 is fine) would be appropriate.

Although in some aspect you're right, the point of this job is also to allow for player input in HM's economy. There are better ways of doing that already in place than making everyone interested a part of a council. If you pick the right person, every player can have input through suggestions and just talking where this very job came from. You don't need to put everyone onto a council of 5 people to have input.
2 people like this post.
Hey!

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 2193019501m

Previous